00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Other angle on Church and State

614 Views | 2 Replies

Other angle on Church and State 2014-06-11 12:08:09

Those who wish to tear down the wall between Church and State are often considered to be striving for more religious power. I actually posit that they are poisoning their future by advocating this. The removal or weakening of chrch and state may lead to some religion seeping into government nowadays, and they may be able to bask in their victory for a short while. Little do they know that the wall doesn't just protect from one direction. It protects both. The United States has grown ever more secular in the past 20 years and then trend does not appear to be changing. It is entirely possible that in 2-3 generations, the populace will no longer hold religion in the same high regard it does now. That integration of church and state the religion seek now will then become a pathway for the state to overpower the churches.

Right now the US is struggling heavily with how to move foward into the social future while still allowing religions their due when it comes to their traditions. Once the respect for the churches starts to fade into the minority, the State would be free to force churches to bend to the state's will on every issue, regardless of whether it conflicts with the religion or not. Denmark has already mulled the idea of forcing ALL churches to marry homosexuals. If this passes the churchs, when it comes to marriage, are no longer religious institutions but arms of the government.

To all the myopic folks out trying to bend the Constitution to your religious will (Hobby Lobby), I suggest you step back and look at how your zeal will negatively affect your children and grandchildren.

Response to Other angle on Church and State 2014-06-12 09:10:35

Right now the US is struggling heavily with how to move foward into the social future while still allowing religions their due when it comes to their traditions. Once the respect for the churches starts to fade into the minority,

I live in the southern U.S. and most people here have no problem with homosexual marriage, your post is a stereotypical generalization.

filler text

Response to Other angle on Church and State 2014-06-12 11:00:33

At 6/12/14 09:10 AM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I live in the southern U.S. and most people here have no problem with homosexual marriage, your post is a stereotypical generalization.

Where in the post do I stereotype anyone? The part I didn't write?