00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegoDraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Maybe... there is still hope.

7,845 Views | 85 Replies

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 15:46:18

At 5/16/14 02:21 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 5/16/14 01:25 PM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote: Oh, okay. Good to know being nice is a horrible thing.
Yes, I never understood how "being nice" should be a bad thing. But I think it's like that: If you are "too nice" then you can be annoying. "Begin too nice" means that you would do everything for a person and since you are available at all times said person calls, you are being uninteresting. You should have confidence and self esteem (easier said than done!) and have your own mind.

Just think about it: Could you love a person that is always available at your will and doesn't have a mind of their own, or would you rather be with a person that does think for him-/herself?

Hmm, now that makes a bit more sense. You know, I might have screwed up a bit in the beginning. However, I am not someone who lives for somebody else's life. I am somebody who lives his own life. Maybe, I need to do that, so she can see that. I told her about my ambitions, but maybe it's time to show her that I am serious about it.

I don't think I have to worry about this friend zone thing anymore. I made it clear to her by now, that I am interested in her to become my girlfriend rather than my friend. So basically, we bumped our relationship down from friends, to acquaintances. This might mean we will see each other less, but at the same time, if she breaks up with her boyfriend, I will have a better shot at asking her out.

Girl logic sure is weird. o.O

At 5/16/14 03:02 PM, Jin wrote: OP's theme song

Wrong. This is!

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 15:52:06

Didn't bother to read this shit.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 16:04:40

At 5/15/14 10:21 PM, CiviLies wrote:
At 5/15/14 05:03 PM, TeslaShockwave wrote: Go cry about it on livejournal, you emo motherfucker
Whoa, slow down there before you hurt yourself, Capt'n Badass.

You obviously did not get the reference.

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 17:14:47

The way you're behaving, we will probably be watching you on the channels ID, and HBSReality within few months, as you are clearly not wired up right. If you want to progress to adulthood, I strongly recommend that you walk away from this failed relationship, and look at the reasons as to why it failed in the first place, as I am sure it is down to you and your immaturity.

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 18:05:50

At 5/16/14 01:49 AM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote: I asked her how her week was. Still, I don't believe her relationship with him will last long. I mean, you know how girls are. One moment they like a guy, the next few months, their tastes completely change.

If this is the case, then that defeats the whole purpose of what you're trying to accomplish.

I man once said "A girl's taste, changes with the moon". Most mature women though, go for the nicer or more mature guys in the end, though.

Not necessarily. No such thing as nice, it's only what people perceive nice to be. In actuality, it pays more to not be a nice guy than it does to be one. Me, someone who has entirely no dating experience even knows this.

Don't be nice, be honest.

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 18:15:29

At 5/16/14 03:02 PM, Jin wrote: OP's theme song

i'd say given his "BBUT IM A NiCE GUY, ALL THE OTHER GUYS R ABUSIVE!1!!2!" shtick, i'd say this is his theme song.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 18:24:54

This thread is still happening..?

I've been in a similar position as you, the difference being that's the kind of mentality I had when I was 15, and even then I saw my female friend's partner as more than an obstacle to be gotten rid of.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe you're a better fit for this girl than her current boyfriend is. So what? It's still her decision. You can tell her every possible reason she would have to go out with you instead of her boyfriend, but you can't actually make that decision for her. If you want to take the transparent route, fine. Lay all of your cards out on the table. Be an open book. But once you've done that, you've done everything you can, and the rest is up to her. Period.

At 5/16/14 03:46 PM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote: Girl logic sure is weird. o.O

YOUR logic is weird.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 18:33:54

Wat

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 19:30:51

At 5/16/14 03:46 PM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote:
I am not someone who lives for somebody else's life. I am somebody who lives his own life. Maybe, I need to do that, so she can see that. I told her about my ambitions, but maybe it's time to show her that I am serious about it...

This shows that you are not living your life for you, but for her. You just contradicted yourself there.

I don't think I have to worry about this friend zone thing anymore. I made it clear to her by now, that I am interested in her to become my girlfriend rather than my friend. So basically, we bumped our relationship down from friends, to acquaintances. This might mean we will see each other less, but at the same time, if she breaks up with her boyfriend, I will have a better shot at asking her out.

Like I said earlier, you're living for her and not yourself. If you weren't obsessive, you would be focusing on staying her friend. It's okay to still be attracted to someone you like even if they are in another relationship. But you're problem is that you haven't accepted this.

You keep planning for a scenario where she breaks up with her boyfriend when instead you should be planning for a scenario where you two can cherish a genuine friendship. Be her best friend, not a backup plan.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 19:38:22

At 5/16/14 04:04 PM, TeslaShockwave wrote:
At 5/15/14 10:21 PM, CiviLies wrote:
At 5/15/14 05:03 PM, TeslaShockwave wrote: Go cry about it on livejournal, you emo motherfucker
Whoa, slow down there before you hurt yourself, Capt'n Badass.
You obviously did not get the reference.

I did not.
The shame and humiliation...

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 20:10:34

See, this is what I think about contradictions. Nothing in life is set in stone. People change certain ways as time goes on. In situations like this, it's a learning experience. I know, from my mistake, that I was too soft, and not assertive enough. I was too nice. I'm not ashamed to admit failure, because failure is how we learn in life. I was too attached, and perhaps calling her everyday wasn't a good idea. It was just once per day, that was it. I made it seem like I was available all the time, as if I had no life. Stupid of me, I know, but like I previously said in my last topics, I never had a relationship before, nor did I ever ask a girl out. This, is all a first time learning experience for me.

I do not want to force her to breakup, because I am now aware of the consequences if I do. Instead, I will let it break up naturally, without outside force. Think of physics, an object in motion, remains in motion, until an outside force is used. Instead of me being the outside force stopping the relationship at a grinding halt (which will of course, have severe consequences, and could ruin my chances), I will let the relationship de-accelerate until it stops on its own.

All sounds well and good, but the problem is, enduring the pain of sorrow and depression while waiting. All it takes, is one flashback, for tears to come down my eyes. I might be tough, and confident, but sometimes, emotions will get the best of me. However, I make sure I do not let it get the better of me around her. I still want to be with her, but I also want her to know, that I like her as a girlfriend more than as a girl friend. This doesn't mean we cannot talk or hang out every now and then, but if I was to be friends with her, she might not ever be interested in dating me, even when she does breakup with her current boyfriend.

However, even though I promised I will not be the outside force to interfere with her relationship, I will still try to woe her. I just won't try to convince her to breakup, that is all. However, I will still try to win her affection. However, at the end, it all comes down to her choice on who she wants to be with, and I will always respect that.

Yes, I know I contradict myself. However, we all contradict ourselves in life. I'm sure most of us when we were kids, said we would never be interested in girls, because of how lame that is. I remember when I said that when I was a kid. Haha, what can I say, contradiction runs rampant in everyone's life.

But really, I hope this thread is locked before that witch comes back online and checks this thread out.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 20:24:36

At 5/16/14 08:10 PM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote:
All sounds well and good, but the problem is, enduring the pain of sorrow and depression while waiting. All it takes, is one flashback, for tears to come down my eyes. I might be tough, and confident, but sometimes, emotions will get the best of me. However, I make sure I do not let it get the better of me around her. I still want to be with her, but I also want her to know, that I like her as a girlfriend more than as a girl friend.

This is because your still haven't got over her. Just stop obsessing.

This doesn't mean we cannot talk or hang out every now and then, but if I was to be friends with her, she might not ever be interested in dating me, even when she does breakup with her current boyfriend.

No, if you stay great friends, you would likely be the first on her mind if she wanted to get into another relationship. And if she still doesn't pick you or never breaks up with her boyfriend, then it was never meant to be and she was never interested in you in such a way. This sucks, but at least you'd still have a great friend.

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 20:29:26

At 5/16/14 08:25 PM, Voltage wrote:
At 5/16/14 08:10 PM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote:
But really, I hope this thread is locked before that witch comes back online and checks this thread out.
You are fucked.

So. FUCKED.

I wish OP would stop trying to provoke SCTE3. She will be the bigger person anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. But it really just deepens the hole he put himself in.

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 20:29:51

At 5/16/14 01:31 PM, CresIsis wrote:
You are pretty delusional kid. I used to be in love with several anime chicks when I was younger and would sit wishing somehow I could be teleported into their universe. Then I realized that was fucking crazy.

I still know some crazy fucks who do this.

Anyway, back on topic... you know, dovakhiin reminds me of "Amy" from that Amy's Baking Company incident. Delusional and in denial. Very much in denial.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 20:41:56

Umm... let's just all calm down and watch this.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 20:50:14

If what you said is true, killerskull, then that is great. I will try this friend rout then, and see what happens from there. I do my best to get over it, but the problem is, all it takes, is once flashback or memory, and it's pretty easy to get them (ie. being in the same classroom right now as I was in last semester with her, the restaurant her and I went to when we first met, etc). I like to hold my head high, and have hopes that things will work out, because nobody likes to be miserable. So what if what I am aiming for is futile? I mean, don't you think many people found it illogical for 300 Spartans to take down 10,000 Persians?

Just keep in mind though, I still like her. I can't help that. Until I find another girl like her, then she will always be in my heart.

BTW...ITT: People using the word "delusional" without having a clear understanding the word.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 21:21:05

At 5/16/14 09:18 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Dude, one question:
What are the reasons she's not dating you right now?
I want to hear it.

here's a better question.

why should she date you?

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-16 21:33:14

At 5/16/14 08:50 PM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote:
BTW...ITT: People using the word "delusional" without having a clear understanding the word.

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Hmm... let me think about it... yep. You are delusional.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-17 02:22:29

Well SCET, I will have to admit, that was a much nicer response. See, if you were nice like that in the beginning nad didn't have to be a bitch, then I never would have had to say anything mean right back. I'm glad you were civil, and I hope you remain that way as namecalling will get us nowhere, except on the highway to high blood pressure and needless stress.

I appreciate all of the advice you have posted. However, you say you are confused on why ethnicity matters. Well, you know what, you and most people would like to do whatever makes you happy, and that is fine. However, can you say it's really fair for your child, to inherit genes because you were horny and wanted to fuck an easy girl? A backstory, if you will.

My father is a good man. He isn't the smartest in terms of academics, but he is street smart. He fell in love with my mom, who happened to be some woman that he met at a bar. She hasn't even gone to college at all, the only thing she accomplished was graduating high school. Anyways, they both fell in love, got married, and eventually, had children. Both my sister and I have to struggle in life, because there were very few genetics we could inherit that was good.

They might have been good parents, but the problem was, my father did not think ahead of time, of his actions, and never considered the consequences. I work my ass off in school and college, but despite that, I could never achieve all A's. In fact, I hardly ever got A's. My average final grades I had in my classes were mostly B's. That is because of the genetics I inherited.

I learned from my father's mistake. I promised myself, that when I get older, I will marry a woman who is smart and intelligent academically. Asians are very good at academics, so my goal, is to find a beautiful and attractive Asian woman, because not only will I benefit by finding happiness in life, but if down the road, we decide to have children, they will benefit as well.

I know you guys think this is trivial, and you will think I am some "creep" or something. However, I care about the future of my kids, and I know I will be much happier, knowing they have a mother who is very intelligent academically, and a dad who is street smart. I just wish more individuals, considered the consequences of their actions, before doing them.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-17 02:42:34

At 5/17/14 02:22 AM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote:
However, I care about the future of my kids, and I know I will be much happier, knowing they have a mother who is very intelligent academically, and a dad who is street smart.

Problem is, dovakhiin, what if she wasn't as smart as you thought she was? Or what if you two don't end up together and you end up with some other asian chick who isn't?

I've never met you or that girl you keep mentioning, so I don't know if this post will ever be relevant to you, but it's just a random "what if?" question and I don't mean to offend you.

and a dad who is street smart.

Heh, more like "a dad who is racist". Kinda, sorta, a little bit. By a very little bit. You know, Asia isn't just China, Korea and Japan. Iran is in Asia, Israel is in Asia, so many other countries are in asia, so an "Asian Girl" could refer to a girl from those countries as well. Sorry, but the way you word things kinda makes you look racist. Sorry 'bout that.

I just wish more individuals, considered the consequences of their actions, before doing them.

Indeed, dovakhiin. I mean, look at the threads you've made about getting a girl. Look at them again, read all those posts, all your responses to them. Now imagine your girl friend seeing them. That's a consequence, isn't it? There is a chance she could be a Newgrounds user like the rest of us, and is reading these posts right now. A small chance, but still. Be careful.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-17 03:33:13

At 5/17/14 02:22 AM, dovahkhiin1994 wrote: I learned from my father's mistake. I promised myself, that when I get older, I will marry a woman who is smart and intelligent academically. Asians are very good at academics, so my goal, is to find a beautiful and attractive Asian woman, because not only will I benefit by finding happiness in life, but if down the road, we decide to have children, they will benefit as well.

Our lives very rarely adhere to the paths that we envision for ourselves. Do you think your father woke up one morning and said to himself "You know what? I think I'll go make a bunch of retard babies!" No. Life just happens. We have to make the best out of what life hands us. Sometimes we want to be with a beautiful and intelligent Asian woman, but life says we have to settle for a stupid and ugly white woman. The sooner we come to terms with these circumstances the better.

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-17 03:51:35

At 5/17/14 03:33 AM, Me-Patch wrote: a bunch of retard babies!

Ok, now I feel bad. I was just trying to be funny. Don't take that last post too seriously.

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-17 03:52:17

hahahaha this thread is fuckin' great.

Denny Falcone wishes you luck, silly goose

Maybe... there is still hope.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-17 05:07:11

At 5/17/14 03:51 AM, Me-Patch wrote:
At 5/17/14 03:33 AM, Me-Patch wrote: a bunch of retard babies!
Ok, now I feel bad. I was just trying to be funny. Don't take that last post too seriously.

Well, knowing dovakhiin, he probably would've if you hadn't said that.

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-17 05:19:57

At 5/17/14 05:07 AM, NGPulp wrote:
At 5/17/14 03:51 AM, Me-Patch wrote: Ok, now I feel bad. I was just trying to be funny. Don't take that last post too seriously.
Well, knowing dovakhiin, he probably would've if you hadn't said that.

Meh, he's ok I guess. Just confused like the rest of us.

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe... there is still hope. 2014-05-19 06:15:03

At 5/17/14 08:23 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
Again, can you tell you how stupid and arrogant this is. There are plenty of intelligent people who are not Asian, way to go stereotyping people's races...

I've known plenty of asians who are also kinda idiots...generalizations aside, it takes all kinds.

So we have racial stereotyping, gender objectification, and long-term hypothetical fantasies rooted in genetic engineering and blame on a parent because she didn't have an extended education.

The fact that OP claims that people are misusing the term delusional really kinda speaks volumes on his ability to self-check...

What if you're wrong, OP. Ask yourself what if your mindset, this plan, is flawed, and is actively working against you and your goals?

It's Thoughts = Behaviors = Results.

If the plan is to "wait out their doomed relationship", you're setting yourself up for disappointment from SO many different angles...the most blaring two are "Their relationship goes on for years, for so long that its become permanent, she starts raising a family, you're completely out of the picture" and "she hops to an unrelated relationship because you were silent in the distance."

If your plan is waiting, there is no change. There is no adaption, there's no challenge, and there's no progress. You must face the truth that you're going with this plan because its easy. Its easier to wait for one girl instead of meeting someone else. Its easier to dream than to face the facts. Its easier to not have to change, or tackle hard truths when it comes to improving your life, because that shit is hard, dude. I know...but even if you wanted to improve, changing your behaviors will do nothing to change the outcome.

You must analyze and pick apart how you think. You will need to consider the challenge of changing your mindset, OP. I think of this thread sometimes when I'm out and about in my day because there's a deep kind of pit of shame that I feel for you. I used to be like this, and I used to be a creep...I hated the way that felt. I hated how badly I fucked it up with a girl I really liked, and I hated having to let go of the dreams and plans I fantasized with her. I hated how it vilified me, and I see today that I deserved the outcome for how I handled my situation in my immaturity. My stubbornness. My shameful, flawed reasoning.

So I changed. You gotta be the change in the world that you want to see.

I can admit I was wrong. Can you?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature