00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NDaveN just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Social Networking Depresses Me

2,041 Views | 33 Replies

Response to Social Networking Depresses Me 2014-04-24 01:22:55

At 4/24/14 01:16 AM, NuclearInfected wrote: It's just killing boredom. Before smartphones it was magazines and newspapers. I guess you're a very boring person, with nothing to do but be butthurt about others enjoying themselves without talking to your boring ass.

You're really taking everything I'm saying the wrong way, lol.
Am I a boring person because I think that the general populations dependency and addictions to their smart phones is becoming a problem? Am I a boring person because I think it's wrong when a couple is out for dinner and they spend more time on their smart phones than talking to their significant other / person their with?
I'm not upset that people don't talk to me, I'd rather not be spoken to or sat with on the bus, at lunch, or anywhere in public.
I'm saying one thing and you're taking it in another direction, ultimately. This isn't a personal issue, it's an issue with people in general.

Response to Social Networking Depresses Me 2014-04-24 03:25:58

Social networking is fine

Smartphones are a vile leech on society

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Social Networking Depresses Me 2014-04-24 05:56:26

Twitter's fine.

And hey... you can still use these websites and not turn into a Zombie...

Why delete it yourself, can't you control yourself? hmm...

One of the things I don't like about social media is that some people feel pressured into making lots of statuses so their feed isn't a week old and each status has at least 1 comment or like. That's a bit eccentric but...

Response to Social Networking Depresses Me 2014-04-24 09:05:26

I also became one of those people who are constantly social networking, though I only check my Twitter on my phone during lunch break or when I'm too early at school.
I don't have a phone subscription and I'm glad about it because I would probably be on my smartphone more often than I am right now.
I only use my smartphone during school days, I never use it in the weekends or any other days that I don't have school.
My friends have smartphones aswell but luckily they are not glued to it.

Hopefully there will be a time again that everyone isn't on their phone all the time.