00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maybenotriver just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So.. I draw aswell.

9,361 Views | 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-08-22 08:48:18

she's cute

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-04 16:04:05

mmhn ok

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-04 18:03:05

I notice you're drawing mostly characters - a very central part of characters is their face. It's important to be accustomed to the underlying structure of a humanoid face in order to be more free to play with unique features and styling!

I'd definitely recommend some study of the human face. Andrew Loomis has some insightful books on the subject. In addition to studying that, I'd recommend doing a bunch of 1 hour studies of the scull, muscular structure and the full face; as well as a whole bunch of 60-120 second gesture drawings!

I'm confident such an approach will yield results quickly and give you with more control and freedom of expression.

BBS Signature

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-05 02:26:48

There is something about your art style that reminds me of something....Oh I got it! Lilo and Stich! You have good potential, keep up the great work! Love the art! Thank you for sharing with us :)

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-05 05:05:35

At 9/5/14 02:26 AM, StrapOnFetus wrote: There is something about your art style that reminds me of something....Oh I got it! Lilo and Stich! You have good potential, keep up the great work! Love the art! Thank you for sharing with us :)

Thanks!

Ill try my hardest !

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-05 05:11:28

At 9/4/14 06:03 PM, Havegum wrote: I notice you're drawing mostly characters - a very central part of characters is their face. It's important to be accustomed to the underlying structure of a humanoid face in order to be more free to play with unique features and styling!

I'd definitely recommend some study of the human face. Andrew Loomis has some insightful books on the subject. In addition to studying that, I'd recommend doing a bunch of 1 hour studies of the scull, muscular structure and the full face; as well as a whole bunch of 60-120 second gesture drawings!

I'm confident such an approach will yield results quickly and give you with more control and freedom of expression.

Mhhn I'll see what I can do..
But someway can't a keep focussed at a book of the anatomie of the face/human.
Ill try to do more speed sketches with mainfoccus the face.. Any good sites for that?

Also will I try to atleast pay more attention to it.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-05 08:05:47

At 9/5/14 05:11 AM, AngelsDead wrote: Mhhn I'll see what I can do..
But someway can't a keep focussed at a book of the anatomie of the face/human.
Ill try to do more speed sketches with mainfoccus the face.. Any good sites for that?

Quickposes and Pixelovely both work very well!

As for studying theory and construction: I know it can be dry, boring, and sometimes overwhelming, but I've found the times I saw most improvement in my own sketches is when I tried to apply the stuff I learned by studying books. And as I'm sure you know, the books tend to be mostly illustrations anyway, so it's not like there's walls of text to be conquered.

BBS Signature

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-07 07:18:25

mmhn Ok I'll try my best !!

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-10 07:10:13

At 4/17/14 07:37 AM, AngelsDead wrote: Hello everyone..

If it's allright I would love to post my wips here..

u got the fingers right (mostly people have problems with drawing them) ....im sure everything else will be awesome....:)
nice gif though....like how the muscles expand and stuff.....I agree with the others....put a face and detail in that!

hello humans...i try to understand how you work

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-10 07:35:47

At 9/10/14 07:10 AM, helpimaddicted wrote:
At 4/17/14 07:37 AM, AngelsDead wrote: Hello everyone..

If it's allright I would love to post my wips here..
u got the fingers right (mostly people have problems with drawing them) ....im sure everything else will be awesome....:)
nice gif though....like how the muscles expand and stuff.....I agree with the others....put a face and detail in that!

Thanks!
It's a really old practise, so I don't think I'll edit it anymore. But I'll remember it for my others gif tryouts :D

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-28 13:37:34

Practise :D

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-09-29 15:54:48

wowwwhoooh

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-10-02 14:45:31

Contrast

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-10-02 16:09:43

At 10/2/14 02:45 PM, AngelsDead wrote: Contrast

The neck seems a bit awkward, and the head seems skewed. I'm sure you know to be especially careful around the head as it tends to be the first read - references can be very handy here.

So.. I draw aswell.

BBS Signature

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-10-03 06:15:30

At 10/2/14 04:09 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 10/2/14 02:45 PM, AngelsDead wrote: Contrast
The neck seems a bit awkward, and the head seems skewed. I'm sure you know to be especially careful around the head as it tends to be the first read - references can be very handy here.

Yeah true, I had no reference while I was drawing and I just wanted to try out the contrast.
I'll pay more attention to those detials next time

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-10-09 14:33:16

Sooo watercollor

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-10-10 08:53:14

Inktober?

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-10-16 16:37:00

duckiees

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-12-05 07:49:50

Autumn

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-12-05 07:50:15

Winter

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-12-05 09:46:40

At 12/5/14 07:49 AM, AngelsDead wrote: Autumn & winter

Very believable figures! I think you've come a long way from earlier this year!
In these last two I think the shoulder-neck area seems a bit ambiguous. specifically the transition from upper arm to shoulder to neck to head. For me, I found analysing the basic skeleton and muscles goes a long way to draw figures grounded in reality - if that's your case for the shoulder-neck area I strongly recommend doing the same!

1h skeletal studies from different angles, drawing your own skeletal reference, drawing the skeleton on photos of figures, and of course gesture drawings. These practical approaches compliments theory very well.

BBS Signature

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2014-12-05 13:03:29

At 12/5/14 09:46 AM, Havegum wrote:
At 12/5/14 07:49 AM, AngelsDead wrote: Autumn & winter
Very believable figures! I think you've come a long way from earlier this year!
In these last two I think the shoulder-neck area seems a bit ambiguous. specifically the transition from upper arm to shoulder to neck to head. For me, I found analysing the basic skeleton and muscles goes a long way to draw figures grounded in reality - if that's your case for the shoulder-neck area I strongly recommend doing the same!

1h skeletal studies from different angles, drawing your own skeletal reference, drawing the skeleton on photos of figures, and of course gesture drawings. These practical approaches compliments theory very well.

Thehe,
Thanks! I find it hard to believe that I draw "better" on my mobile then on my pc currently.
Thanks for the tip!!
I will try to do thoses studies soon :D

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2015-01-03 10:55:50

Year review. Look at my profiel for my newest drawing D:

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2015-01-03 12:58:36

Very soft and non-threatening style you've got going. Hope you continue to post work.

Offering any advice, I'd say to work on your values/contrast and the way you convey form. The few examples of "shading" I've seen in the thread are as soft as your style, and while that's cohesive it does a weak job of presenting the illustrations as 3-dimensional objects.

But considering you still seem to largely think on a flat plane it might be asking a bit much to expect you to suddenly become proficient at thinking in form. I'm sure as long as you continue to practice and experiment you'll continue to improve in the area you desire. Good luck!

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2015-01-03 14:10:19

At 1/3/15 12:58 PM, Lintire wrote: Very soft and non-threatening style you've got going. Hope you continue to post work.

Offering any advice, I'd say to work on your values/contrast and the way you convey form. The few examples of "shading" I've seen in the thread are as soft as your style, and while that's cohesive it does a weak job of presenting the illustrations as 3-dimensional objects.

But considering you still seem to largely think on a flat plane it might be asking a bit much to expect you to suddenly become proficient at thinking in form. I'm sure as long as you continue to practice and experiment you'll continue to improve in the area you desire. Good luck!

You're completely right tht I should practise shading.
I alway keep my drawings flat for some reason, its pretty hard for me to bring dept into a drawing.
Anyway I'll try to practise it..

If I understood you correctly should I apply more contrast in my shading to create the illussion of an 3d shape?

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2015-01-03 19:26:30

At 1/3/15 02:10 PM, AngelsDead wrote: If I understood you correctly should I apply more contrast in my shading to create the illussion of an 3d shape?

More or less, when it suits you. Newground's very own Art101 has a nice little tutorial that explains it as well as the next guy.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2015-01-16 08:46:32

So I tried a new gif..
Just a really quick practise.

So.. I draw aswell.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2015-01-16 23:43:53

This is a good animation test. I suggest breaking down your character into manageable shapes and practice rotating those in space -and then add hair curls, eyes, etc.

At 1/16/15 08:46 AM, AngelsDead wrote: So I tried a new gif..

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2015-01-17 05:40:50

At 1/16/15 11:43 PM, maficmelody wrote: This is a good animation test. I suggest breaking down your character into manageable shapes and practice rotating those in space -and then add hair curls, eyes, etc.

At 1/16/15 08:46 AM, AngelsDead wrote: So I tried a new gif..

Yeah I'll try that next time.. the way you say it makes it seem more work but also easier to animate.

Response to So.. I draw aswell. 2015-01-31 18:45:30

So I made a speedpaint.
I posted it here and on youtube

http://youtu.be/7xEVpW8zzec

Any tips?