00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fighting

595 Views | 19 Replies

Fighting 2014-04-16 08:13:58

I scheduled a kickboxing class for the next fall semester and it reminded me of how I've been trying tho find a studio that teaches Capoeira. It's a Brazilian martial art that focuses pretty heavily on using leg power to attack one's opponent.
Cool video:http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=1229dj2bs#/watch?v=Z14cNBFcv2s

How do you guys like/want to fight?

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 08:26:21

I prefer pissing my pants as an alternative to any confrontation. Good luck, though.

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 10:05:46

At 4/16/14 08:13 AM, StorybookSeven wrote: I scheduled a kickboxing class for the next fall semester and it reminded me of how I've been trying tho find a studio that teaches Capoeira. It's a Brazilian martial art that focuses pretty heavily on using leg power to attack one's opponent.
Cool video:http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=1229dj2bs#/watch?v=Z14cNBFcv2s

How do you guys like/want to fight?

First, you pretend to cry like a woman, and when he turns away in disgust, you punch him in the kidneys, throw him to the ground and step on his neck, then run like hell.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 14:10:11

At 4/16/14 10:11 AM, RacistBassist wrote: I've always been interested in taking Muay Thai, but people ive talked said everywhere bear me is garbage so :(

Also, fighting is super fun. I sound like a douche for saying that, but that adrenaline rush when you get tagged in the face is like nothing else. The thing that sucks is it's almost always due to pissing matches or stupid ass beef, which is fucking retarded, and everyone always takes shit way too far, kicking people on the ground or jumping and shit. I guess what I'm saying is fuck street brawling, mutual combat is the shit

I love to fight. Not beating on people for no good reason, but for the sport of it. My adrenaline rush is is awesome, I like to imagine my favourite music playing during that. I've never been hit full on in the face, but it'll happen if I'm mot careful. Haha. I'm about 5 ft. 7 or 8 in. so usually I'm with someone close to my own height, at least. It would help your ass in a street brawl, but it's a lot more fun mutually.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 14:43:06

Fight with your strengths, not with your weaknesses.

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 16:17:19

At 4/16/14 02:40 PM, Thor wrote: Fighting is the best. I like to work myself into a rage and just tank all of the other person's hits... I never trained in any martial arts, though.

I just have trouble finding people to spar with sometimes, because most people I know just run or do yoga (not that I don't like it, stretching is necessary). That's how I feel, like it swells up in my chest, working through my limbs, and I'm completely centered. It's amazing, and helps with burning off extra energy during the day. Yeah, I haven't trained in martial arts either. I've just been going with what feels natural.

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 16:21:30

At 4/16/14 02:43 PM, Shadaw wrote: Fight with your strengths, not with your weaknesses.

I'm still learning my strengths, but you should also generally improve on your weaknesses.

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 21:10:44

I like fighting too. I'm very lightweight, so I prefer to furthen my range by kicking more than punching, as I'm somewhat agile, and can easily perform airkicks (as I said, I'm light as a feather). If I get in close combat, I guess i'd just focus my strength into short, fast and effective moves, instead of trying to overpower my opponent with pure strength. I haven't been in a fight for a looooooooooonnng while though, as I don't start them myself, and no one has attacked me since elemetary school XD
But from the experiences I have, I'm above avarage when it comes to fighting :3
That said, I'd probably perfer some kind of MMA, as I don't have any real technique :p

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 21:45:31

I pull out my nine...

Fighting

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 21:56:23

My Father was an Instructor for Hap Ki Do, Shaolin Chuan and Tai Chi Chuan kung fu. Fought tournaments representing OHTC health care with our S. Korean, Master Kyong Sik Song. Later, my mother got into Tai Chi for herself, and Master Song became a close friend of the family.

When I was a little, I tried out Tae Kwon Do and I didn't really like it. Probably an account for me being a distract-able little child. But around 6th grade, I began Shaolin. Apparently a catered style of the Tiger, so a lot of different palm strikes, punches, and sturdy snap-kicks and upper body stuff. I got all the way up to Brown Sash when my parents couldn't afford the lessons for my older brother and I anymore.

Then it appeared that the bridge was burned when Master Song wanted my father, an author, to write an autobiography on his life in South Korea and how came to be a master in martial arts. Dad refused because he simply didn't have the time in between work / wasn't a passion of his, and Master took that as a huge insult. Like, hardcore old-school mentality in how the subordinates of the dojo serve the master in every regard...so, on top of being kinda expensive, it looks like I may never get to return to OHTC to either pick up where I left off those many years ago or begin anew.

If I were to return to martial arts, it would probably be Shaolin. If not, then I'm kind of interested in Kempo, but I thoroughly enjoyed what I did in Shaolin.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 22:01:54

i like fist fighting, it gives you some kind of combat-induced pump normal sports fail to deliver

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 22:06:24

I prefer to use diplomacy over violence.

Maybe because I'm a shitty fighter that doesn't even know any proper fighting stances.

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 22:16:47

I fight like a man,

With a GameCube controller and a copy of super smash brothers.
Get N or get out

Fighting

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 22:20:34

the closest I've come to fighting is hitting a loud fat kid in the throat several times in a 7th grade fit of angst

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 22:25:02

At 4/16/14 09:56 PM, Phobotech wrote: stuff

a person should write their own autobiography

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 22:34:17

oooo capoeira! that's a martial art i have always wanted to learn! i'll be honest about it; i got interest in it from playing tekken and fighting as eddy gordo. that was like tekken 3 way back, and if i could find the proper instruction i would definitely get into it.

i've never come down to fighting. i manage to talk my way out of conflicts; i humor my way out of trouble.

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 22:56:20

At 4/16/14 10:25 PM, swaenK wrote:
At 4/16/14 09:56 PM, Phobotech wrote: stuff
a person should write their own autobiography

I think thats a big reason why my Dad said "no."

In hindsight, maybe it was for the better.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-16 23:00:51

If I were ever in an actual fight, I would always try to find an opponent's perceived weakness, which is usually the face or groin, my skills in martial arts is rather limited however, so I won't be doing a lot of counter-throws, karate chops or chokes though. Also, in a street fight, it might be wise to bring a weapon on your person, because thugs don't fight fair and you shouldn't either all things considered.

The most important thing in a fight is if you ever get into a fight, you might as well win by any means necessary. There is also running away, but no one really does that.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Fighting 2014-04-17 00:05:45

At 4/16/14 10:16 PM, naronic wrote: I fight like a man,

With a GameCube controller and a copy of super smash brothers.
Get N or get out

Fighting

Response to Fighting 2014-04-17 00:10:26

Slappy fight.