00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

looking for 2plr racing games

827 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

looking for 2plr racing games 2014-04-15 13:25:18

I want a racing game I can play two-player with on the same computer.
I've been looking for 4 days (the entire day) for a racing game like that, but now it appears that everything with "multiplayer/more than singleplayer" infront or behind it automatically means "MMO/Online".
I just want a good racing game without powerups or an assortment of weapons, with actually existing cars that I can enjoy with my brothers on the same computer (and money... isn't a problem >:3 ).
Gimme the best list, and thanks in advance ^^

BBS Signature

Response to looking for 2plr racing games 2014-04-15 15:48:29

At 4/15/14 01:25 PM, Tattorack wrote: I want a racing game I can play two-player with on the same computer.
I've been looking for 4 days (the entire day) for a racing game like that, but now it appears that everything with "multiplayer/more than singleplayer" infront or behind it automatically means "MMO/Online".
I just want a good racing game without powerups or an assortment of weapons, with actually existing cars that I can enjoy with my brothers on the same computer (and money... isn't a problem >:3 ).
Gimme the best list, and thanks in advance ^^

You might want to get a Playstation 1 emulator . There are shit load of good racing games that you can set up to play with 2 people on PC .

My favorites:

Need for Speed 4
Test Drive 3,6
Crash Team Racing
Chohobo racing

at least 30 games

Response to looking for 2plr racing games 2014-04-15 15:52:42

At 4/15/14 03:48 PM, DjGubkafish wrote: You might want to get a Playstation 1 emulator . There are shit load of good racing games that you can set up to play with 2 people on PC .

With the existence of ps2 emulators, There is the GDLK racing game Midnight Club 3: Dub edition

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to looking for 2plr racing games 2014-04-15 17:15:36

Hmm, yeah, I have in fact already a very good working PS1 Emu...
Ok, I'll have a look.

As far as PS2 goes... my computer doesn't even come halfway near being able to emulate that.
I tried Spyro: A New Beginning and I got 19 fps out of it tops.

Probably should've done this from the very beginning but here are my specs:
CPU: AMD E-1 1200
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7310
RAM: 4GB

BBS Signature

Response to looking for 2plr racing games 2014-04-15 17:26:10

I heard Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed (try saying that 5 times fast) is split screen on PC, and as someone who has played the PC version, it is definitely the superior port, it has a ton of exclusive characters, the graphics look awesome, and the gameplay is amazing.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to looking for 2plr racing games 2014-04-15 18:26:58

At 4/15/14 05:26 PM, darkjam wrote: I heard Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed (try saying that 5 times fast) is split screen on PC, and as someone who has played the PC version, it is definitely the superior port, it has a ton of exclusive characters, the graphics look awesome, and the gameplay is amazing.

Yes, but... isn't that a kartracer? With all sorts of powerups and abilities and everything?
Me and my brothers want to avoid the kartracer and just have a racing game to "skill-out" on (where driving matters and not powerups).

BBS Signature

Response to looking for 2plr racing games 2014-04-15 18:29:37

At 4/15/14 06:26 PM, Tattorack wrote: Yes, but... isn't that a kartracer? With all sorts of powerups and abilities and everything?
Me and my brothers want to avoid the kartracer and just have a racing game to "skill-out" on (where driving matters and not powerups).

You could see if you can turn them off.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to looking for 2plr racing games 2014-04-15 18:36:28

At 4/15/14 06:29 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 4/15/14 06:26 PM, Tattorack wrote: Yes, but... isn't that a kartracer? With all sorts of powerups and abilities and everything?
You could see if you can turn them off.

Ok, well I'll look into it.
Would be kind strange though to have a game with transforming vehicals that don't contain any Transformers XD

BBS Signature