00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Critique my Comics!

515 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Critique my Comics! 2014-04-11 13:26:01

Hey, I'm Toushinu and I do weekly comics on a blog called Hack 'n' Sketch which centers mainly on gaming and comedy. So far I really haven't had much feed back as to whether my comics are all that funny or not so I would love it if you guys could critique some of them like my latest one that I have below. Although, the quality might not be so great because of the restrictions the forums put on the size of your images.

What I'm looking for in these critiques is less on the side of, "Does it look pretty" and more in the realm of "Is it easy to read?" "How can I make it funnier?" "How can the facial expressions be improved?" "Is it enjoyable to read?" All those kinds of things.

ALSO! how can I get more people to see these things for feedback? So far I'm just slapping these up on appropriate subreddits, and that's getting me a lot of views but next to no feedback on whether people enjoy them or not. And the amount of views it gets isn't consistent at all because of that.

Thanks again guys c:

Critique my Comics!

New comics every Saturday on Hack 'n' Sketch :D

http://toushinu.blogspot.com

toushinu.tumblr.com

Response to Critique my Comics! 2014-04-12 22:15:17

Well maybe you can get better advice for the writing part in the writing forums, i never go there but i guess someone could tell you how to make better punchlines or something, i don't know... I can only tell you to check out Toonhole and try to learn something from him, he does amazingly funny comic strips like the ones that you do.

For the facial expressions, i suggest checking this tutorial by tracyjb, it's pretty helpful.

As i see it, to get noticed you need to draw REALLY good, or be REALLY funny, if you don't meet one of two requirements, posting your comics everywhere isn't gonna help much, of course you can also be kinda good and you'll get kinda noticed, if that makes sense. I would suggest learning a bit of composition to make every scene of your comic comunicate what you wanna comunicate without having to rely on dialogue that much, make the comics more interesting AND make them more easy to read. You know when you are reading a comic and suddendly you see a scene that you don't understand, or you don't know where you should be looking at or something like that? Everytime i encounter one of those i stop reading, it's confusing and makes me angry, AVOID THAT. I've seen comics that were drawn really good but they had no fucking idea of composition and it was awful to read. You don't need amazing drawing skills to do funny comics like these, but learning to do good expressions, good character poses and good composition should be obligatory to make interesting comics.

To get more feedback, post your comics here in Newgrounds, it's difficult to even get scouted here but maybe you get something. Also try posting them on DeviantArt, Tumblr or whatevr, and always ask for feedback in the description, if you don't ask for it you won't get it.

Lots of luck and hopefully this was helpful :)

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

If anyone wanna be drawing pals, add me on discord fam "daker#3361"

BBS Signature