00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mrmclovin112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

>Be Owner of NG

764 Views | 24 Replies

>Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 12:44:29

>Include 'Your Feed' instead of 'Classic Portal' or 'Under Judgement' in the bar above so more people can vote on new subs.

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 13:08:22

I actually really agree. Seeing as we have the feed star thingy and friends/social thingy by our account options why not leave it as that? Blog replies.. Forum replies.. We get told that stuff when we come on the ng main page anyway. Why actually clicks that from the Your Feed tab?? Anyone??

Under Judgement being easily accessible/viewable should be a high priority really for this site.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 13:12:56

At 4/5/14 01:08 PM, Gagsy wrote:

Under Judgement being easily accessible/viewable should be a high priority really for this site.

I agree. It would make down voting everything without watching it much easier.

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 14:36:08

So the meme arrows have made their way to Newgrounds?

Shit, I'm getting old.

Signature...Ha...

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 14:38:11

At 4/5/14 02:36 PM, MoonClock wrote: So the meme arrows have made their way to Newgrounds?

Shit, I'm getting old.

Ahahahahahaha

"Meme Arrows"

"Getting old"

lol

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 14:40:22

At 4/5/14 02:38 PM, DM692 wrote:
At 4/5/14 02:36 PM, MoonClock wrote: So the meme arrows have made their way to Newgrounds?

Shit, I'm getting old.
Ahahahahahaha

"Meme Arrows"

"Getting old"

lol

Here, in any case.

Never used to see them in this place. Or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough? Still feel like old man.

Signature...Ha...

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 14:42:20

you think you're old, I don't even know what a meme arrow is and will have to Google it for context here

I also don't know who any of these trending celebrities on Twitter are

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 14:46:15

At 4/5/14 02:40 PM, MoonClock wrote: Here, in any case.

Never used to see them in this place. Or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough? Still feel like old man.

They're not "meme arrows", they've been used since the dawn of e-mail (possibly earlier, I don't know) to represent quoted text, the same way that the colon is used here on NG. That's probably why you haven't seen them here, we can just go;

HEY THERE D00D

Instead of;

>HEY THERE D00D

And it creates an actual different font, albeit only slightly lighter. This is the same idea behind 4chan's Greentext, which as the name implies, turns your text green when preceded by a >. 4chan is where many, many people learned about > as representative of quoted text (or implied thought processes), but it certainly didn't "make its way" here recently.

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 14:49:42

At 4/5/14 02:46 PM, DM692 wrote: They're not "meme arrows", they've been used since the dawn of e-mail (possibly earlier, I don't know)

yeah but the context isn't 'forwarded message', it's:
>I did this
>then I did this
>then I did this other thing
>hilarious reaction

and I was mistaken, I have witnessed them before, just not in a thread title, it threw me a little. And I didn't know they were called meme arrows.

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 14:54:35

At 4/5/14 02:49 PM, Earfetish wrote: and I was mistaken, I have witnessed them before, just not in a thread title, it threw me a little. And I didn't know they were called meme arrows.

I would go into how much I hate the term "meme arrows", but they need an easily referred to handle and that's not my point anyway. It was that if you're calling them "meme arrows" and haven't seen them here before, it doesn't have too much to do with getting old because it's a pretty recently created term.

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 16:03:05

At 4/5/14 01:08 PM, Gagsy wrote: Under Judgement being easily accessible/viewable should be a high priority really for this site.

I see this doing more harm ~ Why should we subject the general viewers of the site to submissions that are likely to be subpar? Shouldn't we be showing them the BEST that newgrounds has to offer?

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 16:05:53

At 4/5/14 04:03 PM, ExtraLife wrote:
At 4/5/14 01:08 PM, Gagsy wrote: Under Judgement being easily accessible/viewable should be a high priority really for this site.
I see this doing more harm ~ Why should we subject the general viewers of the site to submissions that are likely to be subpar? Shouldn't we be showing them the BEST that newgrounds has to offer?

Then how will the new ones become great/bad? The community decides, after all; the previous site design just had a link to the Portal - no Games or Movies - and that wasn't so bad.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 16:16:35

At 4/5/14 04:05 PM, Gimmick wrote:
Then how will the new ones become great/bad? The community decides

Right. There's a dependency on the community and another on the quality of the submission itself, right?

I guess I'm thinking from the perspective of the casual user ( ie. no interest in collecting B/P points or they may not even have an account). In order to facilitate account creation and long-term use there has got to be some sort of benefit, right? What better benefit would there be than discovering the BEST independent/alternative/creative media on the web?

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 17:47:37

I honestly don't see why they aren't doing something to make it more visible.
Though you can just hover over the Movies or Games button and you can go to the Classic Portal from there.
It still needs to be more present since the flashes are pretty much the bread and butter of the site. And without them Newgrounds wouldn't really be Newgrounds.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 17:54:34

fuk u

;333333333

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 22:20:10

Anybody who tries to greentext outside of 4chan should get their fingers broken.

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-05 22:37:14

At 4/5/14 10:20 PM, The-Real-Giovanni wrote: Anybody who tries to greentext outside of 4chan should get their fingers broken.

Shh! Don't talk about the secret club! You're gonna fill the place up with homos and girls.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-06 07:00:22

It's on the main page.

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-07 13:09:00

Shit, I'm getting old.

(Just for future reference, it is referred to as 'greentext', where it originated on 4chan)

Streaming, music making, etc.

I'm on Twitch, Bandcamp, Youtube, and Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-07 13:10:15

I would just appreciate if it would tell you when you have a new review, or a response to one. That is about all I could ask for.

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-07 14:52:08

At 4/7/14 01:10 PM, soulblud wrote: I would just appreciate if it would tell you when you have a new review, or a response to one. That is about all I could ask for.

I'm pretty sure you DO get a thing saying you got a review or response.
On the front page it would say if you got any forum responses or blog responses. In that same area it'd also say stuff for reviews and stuff like that as well.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-07 14:56:49

At 4/7/14 01:10 PM, soulblud wrote: I would just appreciate if it would tell you when you have a new review, or a response to one. That is about all I could ask for.

It does - right there in the same spot where it tells you if you have forum or blog replies. Doesn't work with responses to reviews, however.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-07 15:30:14

I will continue to ignore the arrows.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-07 19:17:45

At 4/7/14 02:52 PM, Viper wrote:
I'm pretty sure you DO get a thing saying you got a review or response.
On the front page it would say if you got any forum responses or blog responses. In that same area it'd also say stuff for reviews and stuff like that as well.

News to me-- I always just go straight to my profile, never visiting the front page, at all. I just want that shit to be a part of the 'Notifications' button, since that would make a good bit of sense.

BBS Signature

Response to >Be Owner of NG 2014-04-07 21:57:43

At 4/7/14 07:17 PM, soulblud wrote: News to me-- I always just go straight to my profile, never visiting the front page, at all.

You should consider going to the front page more often. I used to do what you do and I ended up missing a bunch of stuff that was on the front page....

I just want that shit to be a part of the 'Notifications' button, since that would make a good bit of sense.

It would make sense. But not everything in life ends up making sense.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature