00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Mastering Question

940 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio Mastering Question 2014-03-08 16:51:45

I just got done with a WIP version of a dnb track, and noticed something strange. My kick is simple, and I EQ'd it to cut off any frequency above about 150, and got a really nice bassy kick sound. On my brother's skull candy head phones, it sounds like a really bass rumbling kick, but on regular everyday ear buds it sounds almost blaring, and reminds me of a hardstyle kick. Is their any way I can master the kick to sound the same on head phones and on ear buds?

Response to Audio Mastering Question 2014-03-08 21:06:33

At 3/8/14 04:51 PM, Crimsonskies455 wrote: I just got done with a WIP version of a dnb track, and noticed something strange. My kick is simple, and I EQ'd it to cut off any frequency above about 150, and got a really nice bassy kick sound. On my brother's skull candy head phones, it sounds like a really bass rumbling kick, but on regular everyday ear buds it sounds almost blaring, and reminds me of a hardstyle kick. Is their any way I can master the kick to sound the same on head phones and on ear buds?

It's just the volume, you can try it out for yourself. The lower you have your ear buds the more exact and clear your song will be. The louder you set your song too (on your ear buds) the more distorted it becomes.

Response to Audio Mastering Question 2014-03-08 21:17:02

It's just the volume, you can try it out for yourself. The lower you have your ear buds the more exact and clear your song will be. The louder you set your song too (on your ear buds) the more distorted it becomes.

Thank you so much for the reply!