00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Mass Effect Trilogy

5,180 Views | 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-25 23:21:14

Hello my fellow video game brethren. I made a thread a good while back asking Newgrounds members to list their top 10 favorite video games. Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 all appeared a lot on people's lists. I never played Mass Effect, I knew the hype behind it as well as behind the people who made it being Bioware. My brother pestered me constantly to pick up and play this series. I kept on refusing though. He's still being somewhat of an ass about it. I digress though.

When Christmas got around, he got together with my friends and all pitched in to get me the Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3. So far I'm enjoying it. Still playing through the first game and chronicling my journeys in a journal for my friends to read both around me and here on Newgrounds.

Mass Effect Journal

Now I know it is from a Tumblr account. I wanted to make this thread here to open up a discussion on my journeys through it. I want comments from my Newgrounds friends and others from the Video Games Forum. I some of you don't have or do not wish to have a Tumblr account, so commenting here can be made easy.

As of right now I am in a bit of a bind on where to go next. Should I go to Noveria or Virmire?

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-25 23:36:40

noveria depending on your level and difficulty you are on its best to level up higher

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-25 23:38:42

At 2/25/14 11:36 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: noveria depending on your level and difficulty you are on its best to level up higher

Definitely Noveria. Virmire can be pretty difficult so you'll want to be as best leveled and equipped as you can.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-25 23:55:20

At 2/25/14 11:38 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 2/25/14 11:36 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: noveria depending on your level and difficulty you are on its best to level up higher
Definitely Noveria. Virmire can be pretty difficult so you'll want to be as best leveled and equipped as you can.

Well I have been to Luna (Earth's moon) and I've gotten quite a bit of stuff there and some levels. I've been getting information about Noveria though so I think I'll be heading there next.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 00:37:01

At 2/25/14 11:55 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/25/14 11:38 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
Well I have been to Luna (Earth's moon) and I've gotten quite a bit of stuff there and some levels. I've been getting information about Noveria though so I think I'll be heading there next.

what level are you at if you are over 30 or 40 complete all side quests in noveria you can get 5 or 6 levels.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 00:44:41

At 2/26/14 12:37 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: what level are you at if you are over 30 or 40 complete all side quests in noveria you can get 5 or 6 levels.

I'm not sure. I'm gonna have to check. At times I forget I'm playing an RPG. Well anyways here's the update to the journal.

Chapter 4 - On The Moon
I have to admit this was a boring side quest. Which for those wondering it was UNC: Rogue VI. However seeing Earth from the moon is a breathtaking experience and it made me remember why I love video games so much.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 01:52:28

At 2/26/14 12:44 AM, The-Great-One wrote: I'm not sure. I'm gonna have to check. At times I forget I'm playing an RPG. Well anyways here's the update to the journal.

check.

Chapter 4 - On The Moon
I have to admit this was a boring side quest. Which for those wondering it was UNC: Rogue VI. However seeing Earth from the moon is a breathtaking experience and it made me remember why I love video games so much.

yeah but getting that Class Specialization helps in the long run make sure to max that out.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 08:19:58

At 2/26/14 02:33 AM, Shade wrote: Be sure to get all the DLCs, they add a lot to the story.

One only has 2 DLC's that add only 3 hours of extra time on but they really do help with the leveling if you wanna level faster because you have more access to EXP. 2 has literally a shit ton Zaeed and Katsumi's are a hour hour and a half each, the Firewalker is one hour, Overlord is a good two and a half, so is the Shadow Broker and the Arrival Mission. overall for 2 you get 8-9 hours of extra game play depending on difficulty. three has the Prothean DLC which is a hour, Leviathen which is two, Omega which is 2 and the Citadel (BEST DLC EVER) a solid 3.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 09:30:57

I'm glad you're having more fun than I was with it. I've heard 2 is amazing, but I haven't been able to get through 1 yet. It's just so boring...

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 10:23:03

I'm planning on getting the trilogy soon too to play through it.

I played Mass Effect 2 for a short time before getting bored, as I'd never really played a game that didn't give you a direct direction to go in. However I just started playing Dragon Age Origins which I really enjoying, so I think I'll be able to get into Mass Effect just as easily by now.

I'd read through your journey's but I'd like to avoid spoilers.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 12:39:09

At 2/26/14 09:30 AM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote: I'm glad you're having more fun than I was with it. I've heard 2 is amazing, but I haven't been able to get through 1 yet. It's just so boring...

Give it another chance.

At 2/26/14 10:23 AM, Snuff wrote: I'd read through your journey's but I'd like to avoid spoilers.

Yeah that's probably a good idea.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 13:34:11

At 2/26/14 12:39 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/26/14 09:30 AM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote: I'm glad you're having more fun than I was with it. I've heard 2 is amazing, but I haven't been able to get through 1 yet. It's just so boring...
Give it another chance.

1 can be pretty boring at times but 2 and 3 are pretty different games. They're a lot more action-focused.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 14:16:45

At 2/26/14 01:52 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: check.
yeah but getting that Class Specialization helps in the long run make sure to max that out.

Alright I think it is important to note that I'm a Spacer Vanguard who is Ruthless. My Class Specialization is Shock Trooper. I am Level 26.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 15:12:39

At 2/25/14 11:21 PM, The-Great-One wrote: As of right now I am in a bit of a bind on where to go next. Should I go to Noveria or Virmire?

I liked Virmire better than Noveria, but Noveria might be easier to go through at low levels as some people already pointed out.

Also, Virmire feels like a mission that should be done late in the game.

I think Mass Effect 1 is great, but the sidequesting and exploration can get a little boring as most planets are practically the same.

At 2/26/14 10:23 AM, Snuff wrote: However I just started playing Dragon Age Origins which I really enjoying, so I think I'll be able to get into Mass Effect just as easily by now.

I can't imagine you're going to hate Mass Effect if you enjoy Dragon Age Origins. Despite the differences in genre and setting, the games feel quite similar. Dragon Age Origins is way, waaaay longer though.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 15:17:47

At 2/26/14 02:16 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/26/14 01:52 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: check.
Alright I think it is important to note that I'm a Spacer Vanguard who is Ruthless. My Class Specialization is Shock Trooper. I am Level 26.

yeah go to Noveria to get leveled up and gear and start selling it to get Spectre gear at the citadel. THEN GO TO VIRMIRE, because virmire is a bitch if you are playing at a higher difficulty if you're playing at the easier I would say go for it you want Achievement/trophies and max your level out try and do as much as you can.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 16:47:43

Don't let the ending get to you when you finish the trilogy. That's all I have to say.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 17:13:46

At 2/26/14 04:47 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Don't let the ending get to you when you finish the trilogy. That's all I have to say.

I still fucking love the trilogy from beginning to end.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 17:30:02

At 2/26/14 05:13 PM, simon wrote:
At 2/26/14 04:47 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Don't let the ending get to you when you finish the trilogy. That's all I have to say.
I still fucking love the trilogy from beginning to end.

Same here. People who are now taking in interest in the trilogy often asks Bioware fans whether to get all of them or not. Usually it's always "don't bother ME3 ending ruined everything." I often correct and say that Mass Effect is a roller coaster ride of a story with amazing detailed characters and great and interesting worlds to explore. I hate to see fans such as myself see other fans butcher their own beloved series all because of an ending they didn't like.

Hopefully when Mass Effect 4 or whatever it will be titled comes out, will make everyone happy.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 22:32:05

At 2/26/14 03:17 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: yeah go to Noveria to get leveled up and gear and start selling it to get Spectre gear at the citadel. THEN GO TO VIRMIRE, because virmire is a bitch if you are playing at a higher difficulty if you're playing at the easier I would say go for it you want Achievement/trophies and max your level out try and do as much as you can.

You can sell gear? How? I didn't see an option when I went to different shops at the Citadel.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 22:40:36

At 2/26/14 10:32 PM, The-Great-One wrote: You can sell gear? How? I didn't see an option when I went to different shops at the Citadel.

you can sell weapons mods and shit just go to a shop where you buy shit.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 22:45:13

At 2/26/14 10:40 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: you can sell weapons mods and shit just go to a shop where you buy shit.

I've been to different shops, I just didn't see the option to sell stuff. Just to buy stuff. How do I sell stuff? What did I miss?

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 23:00:26

At 2/26/14 10:45 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/26/14 10:40 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: you can sell weapons mods and shit just go to a shop where you buy shit.
I've been to different shops, I just didn't see the option to sell stuff. Just to buy stuff. How do I sell stuff? What did I miss?

if you use the xbox when your in the shop hit the right button.

fucking noob.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-26 23:38:04

At 2/26/14 11:00 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if you use the xbox when your in the shop hit the right button.

fucking noob.

If you had read the thread you would note that I'm using the PS3. I checked online though because the game takes a while to load up through stuff so yeah, I'm gonna need to make a trip back to the Citadel then.

fucking illiterate.

In all seriousness yes I am a noob.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-27 00:07:05

At 2/26/14 11:38 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/26/14 11:00 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if you use the xbox when your in the shop hit the right button.

fucking noob.
If you had read the thread you would note that I'm using the PS3. I checked online though because the game takes a while to load up through stuff so yeah, I'm gonna need to make a trip back to the Citadel then.

fucking illiterate.

In all seriousness yes I am a noob.

Just move the analog stick that you use to to scroll with in the shop by going left and write while in the shop menu.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-27 00:20:17

At 2/27/14 12:07 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Just move the analog stick that you use to to scroll with in the shop by going left and write while in the shop menu.

Gotcha. Didn't even know I could sell stuff. Gonna probably feel like an idiot for missing that. Good thing, I've got a lot of stuff I need to sell.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-27 01:15:50

At 2/27/14 12:20 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/27/14 12:07 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Just move the analog stick that you use to to scroll with in the shop by going left and write while in the shop menu.
Gotcha. Didn't even know I could sell stuff. Gonna probably feel like an idiot for missing that. Good thing, I've got a lot of stuff I need to sell.

you know where the Spectre shop is? you get Spectre Gear (Best IN GAME) its in C-sec academy you take a right when you come off the elevator from the dock where the normandy is and go down some stairs

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-27 01:42:59

At 2/27/14 01:15 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: you know where the Spectre shop is? you get Spectre Gear (Best IN GAME) its in C-sec academy you take a right when you come off the elevator from the dock where the normandy is and go down some stairs

Oh believe me I know. I love the C-Sec Academy music, whenever there is an excuse for me to go there I go there. I know about the C-Sec Academy store. Awesome stuff! Definitely intend on getting!

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-27 02:02:47

At 2/27/14 01:42 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Oh believe me I know. I love the C-Sec Academy music, whenever there is an excuse for me to go there I go there. I know about the C-Sec Academy store. Awesome stuff! Definitely intend on getting!

sell your shit there. you get like a 5% bonus selling there.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-27 02:08:18

At 2/27/14 02:02 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/27/14 01:42 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Oh believe me I know. I love the C-Sec Academy music, whenever there is an excuse for me to go there I go there. I know about the C-Sec Academy store. Awesome stuff! Definitely intend on getting!
sell your shit there. you get like a 5% bonus selling there.

Well! Thanks for the help as well as the tip. I was worried that I wouldn't have a captain's log journal entry to post for this Sunday, but you certainly helped me out there.

Response to The Mass Effect Trilogy 2014-02-27 15:45:42

I freakin' love Mass Effect and BioWare.

Not really contributing anything to the post, i know. Just felt like saying that.

Dragon Age: Inquisition looks great so far, and from what little that's know about the next Mass Effect, i'm really excited about the next couple of years.
DA2 and Mass Effect 3's ending were both shit, and while EA had alot to do with that, BioWare definitely messed up. Hope EA doesn't rush them anymore like they did with DA2. They ended up only having under 2 years to finish it. Apparently inquisition has already been in development for 4 years. So that's a positive.

I just hope BioWare finishes it before EA has time to mess it up..

Again, sorry for going off topic guys, my love for BioWare and their franchises run pretty deep, and this is my first post/comment on NG.