00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OPREA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Twitch plays Pokemon

6,583 Views | 87 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-26 20:46:28

one fortnight in, indeed 'tis truly remarkable! i would rather democracy had never been a thing, though it has its merits for progress.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-27 04:21:08

At 2/26/14 08:46 PM, FRAYDO wrote: one fortnight in, indeed 'tis truly remarkable! i would rather democracy had never been a thing, though it has its merits for progress.

If it was just a thing for Safari Zone I would have been perfectly fine with that. Everywhere else was a no no though.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-27 11:44:02

At 2/27/14 04:21 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 2/26/14 08:46 PM, FRAYDO wrote: one fortnight in, indeed 'tis truly remarkable! i would rather democracy had never been a thing, though it has its merits for progress.
If it was just a thing for Safari Zone I would have been perfectly fine with that. Everywhere else was a no no though.

How much have they even actually used democracy? It does kind of defeat the purpose, but I guess I keep missing when they use it. I'd say around 90% of the time I check in, they're still using anarchy.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-27 12:29:12

They are completely fucked against the Elite four. Bird Jesus' moves are entirely mediocre against most of the pokemon that they have and the teams move sets are weak as shit. Not to mention there is no way in hell they're going to be able to use healing items as they fight against 5 filled up teams of Pokemon.

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-27 12:49:07

That sounds american.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-28 15:26:20

At 2/27/14 12:29 PM, Convey wrote: They are completely fucked against the Elite four. Bird Jesus' moves are entirely mediocre against most of the pokemon that they have and the teams move sets are weak as shit. Not to mention there is no way in hell they're going to be able to use healing items as they fight against 5 filled up teams of Pokemon.

you would be right. though i am against democracy, it is their only hope if they plan to defeat the elite four. anarchy will only see them getting their ass handed to them.

OR maybe, just maybe! they will prevail with anarchy!

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-28 15:58:40

Holy shit, they beat Lance.

And got destroyed by Blue, ok. But still, amazing.

Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,

for the Devil sends the beast with wrath,

because he knows the time is short...

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-28 16:03:15

YOU ARE NOW THE POKÉMON LEAGUE CHAMPION!

but one more challenge awaits...

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-28 16:43:30

At 2/28/14 04:03 PM, FRAYDO wrote: YOU ARE NOW THE POKÉMON LEAGUE CHAMPION!

YES

but one more challenge awaits...

FUCK, BLUE THAT BASTARD

Well, random chance will get us there. It's all down do luck in anarchy mode.

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-28 21:10:52

Meanwhile, the Gastly that's still in the daycare turned into motherfucking Rambo.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-28 23:58:26

So apparantly there's a script to get the chat into democracy, which will be needed for the champion. The code will be posted below:

var totalRuntime = 86400000;
var commandString = "democracy";
var slowTime = 60000;

function sendDelayedInput(input) {
var delay = Math.floor(Math.random()*14000);
setTimeout(function() {sendInput(input)}, delay);
}

function sendInput(input) {
$(control_input.firstElementChild).val(input);
$(control_buttons.getElementsByClassName('primary_button')).click()

}

var inputIntervalId = window.setInterval(sendDelayedInput, slowTime + 15000, commandString);
console.log("Interval Id: " + inputIntervalId);
setTimeout(function() {window.clearInterval(inputIntervalId)}, totalRuntime);

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-01 07:59:33

I'll be damned.. they actually did it. CAN'T WAIT FOR GOLD/SILVER/CRYSTAL.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-01 12:05:55

success!

Twitch plays Pokemon

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-01 16:42:14

At 3/1/14 12:05 PM, FRAYDO wrote: success!

It's only a success if the whole thing was done in anarchy mode (Minus safari zone which needs democracy)

And it wasn't so I call it a failure.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-01 18:10:42

At 2/28/14 11:58 PM, Eddmario wrote: So apparantly there's a script to get the chat into democracy, which will be needed for the champion. The code will be posted below:

So that's how they did it? I guess that's how they got Zapdos, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-01 18:11:03

Apparently they're planning on hacking the current team into Red's arsenal for the fight on Mount Silver. Hopefully with shifted levels, sinc the entire team besides Bird Jesus and Archangel of Justice is pretty pathetic, and Lord Helix should be the strongest Pokémon in any case

Watch people worship the Mystery Egg/Togepi as the next Helix Fossil/Omanyte.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-01 18:12:56

At 3/1/14 06:10 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 2/28/14 11:58 PM, Eddmario wrote: So apparantly there's a script to get the chat into democracy, which will be needed for the champion. The code will be posted below:
So that's how they did it? I guess that's how they got Zapdos, too.

Zapdos was captured in Anarchy, even with loads of people deliberately trying to waste the Master Ball.

I think they may have activated Democracy mode after the losses of Cabbage, Dux and Digrat, but don't quote me on that.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-01 19:50:57

At 3/1/14 06:12 PM, Blitzkrieg667 wrote: I think they may have activated Democracy mode after the losses of Cabbage, Dux and Digrat, but don't quote me on that.

Nope, they caught Zapdos in Anarchy. They only used democracy in places with ledges and a couple of times at the box (and maybe Pokemon Tower/Safari Zone) other than that.. all anarchyy.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-01 21:39:58

At 3/1/14 04:42 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
It's only a success if the whole thing was done in anarchy mode (Minus safari zone which needs democracy)

Rocket Hideout was impossible without democracy. In fact, thats when the whole democracy vs anarchy thing came about, so you cant really be mad about this.
Really though, think about it, even during anarchy, the people still came up with a plan of attack depending on the current situation, and, save for the trolls, thats how most people responded in order to make progress
------------
Cant wait for Gold/Silver!

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-02 06:52:52

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-02 13:10:32

At 3/1/14 04:42 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: It's only a success if the whole thing was done in anarchy mode (Minus safari zone which needs democracy)

so the introduction of democracy did ruin the formula, though impressive nonetheless to have completed the game. i suppose it is not a total success, but not a complete failure. anarchy played its part in creating the ridiculous story of the helix and all that jazz, while democracy has its merit navigating through the team rocket maze and safari zone.

At 3/2/14 06:52 AM, Iron-Maiden wrote: A new adventure will begin in 10 minutes

oh boy! pokémon crystal!

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-02 13:13:57

Hope in humanity restored.
Bless Helix.

Twitch plays Pokemon

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-02 16:27:39

what? totodile is evolving?

B B B B B B B B B

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-06 14:04:25

for any who are interested, our hero AJDNNW has swept through the team rocket shop, healed at the pokémon center and now he is to face the mahogany gym and its ice pathways.

ANND

democracy kicks in. perhaps those ice pathways may not be as much of a hassle now.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-06 14:09:50

i would like to note that democracy kicks in automatically at the start of every hour, as per the new system. just about the same rules; the most voted input is taken after a 30 second period.

using democracy's voting method, people may also vote for anarchy. if enough votes tally up for that, democracy ends and anarchy reigns.

as the introduction of democracy did affect the previous game and is still in place in this one, it does irk me a tad. given the new system in place, i would believe it easier to initiate anarchy than it was before.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-06 14:23:56

also,

BIRD JESUS! he has been reborn, the second coming! we must tell joey!

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-08 01:28:01

Holy crap they're already at the ice cave to Blackthorn city. Either the new way it's done causes the game to go by quicker or Gen II is way shorter then Gen I was.

Not counting the stuff after the Elite 4.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-03-08 10:58:54

Holy shit we're on Crystal?! Well how bout that, they beat Red.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature