00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Twitch plays Pokemon

6,562 Views | 87 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-21 08:51:25

At 2/18/14 09:12 PM, FRAYDO wrote: so they have introduced a democracy / anarchy system. when democracy prevails actions are then vote-based, as well as compile a series of actions; left2down2 does just that, left twice and down twice.

when anarchy reigns, it is back to the "old" mode and all inputs go.

oh boy.

Hmm this does defeat the point of it a little bit if you ask me. I think it's more interesting to see how far they'd get with pure anarchy rules. If it takes over a month to beat the game that just makes it all the more epic.

Also, 20 seconds per step is really slow. They should make it 5 seconds or so.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-21 23:15:11

Day 8 was a mighty productive day for us all. We defeated another gym leader, we successfully navigated the Safari Zone, obtaining Surf, and we have many new Pokemon, including a Lapras named "AAAAIIIIIRRR"

Dux grows in strength, Pidgeot Savior is stronger than ever, Keeper Drowzee will evolve any moment now, and All Terrain Venomoth grows stronger too...

...if we could replace Cabbage with Digrat, this would be a stellar lineup.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 01:52:40

At 2/21/14 11:15 PM, Phobotech wrote: ...if we could replace Cabbage with Digrat, this would be a stellar lineup.

We cannot replace The Hope

Skynet is upon us.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 02:14:45

At 2/21/14 11:15 PM, Phobotech wrote: Day 8 was a mighty productive day for us all. We defeated another gym leader, we successfully navigated the Safari Zone, obtaining Surf, and we have many new Pokemon, including a Lapras named "AAAAIIIIIRRR"

Humans truly are amazing.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 04:19:47

At 2/21/14 11:15 PM, Phobotech wrote: Day 8 was a mighty productive day for us all. We defeated another gym leader, we successfully navigated the Safari Zone, obtaining Surf, and we have many new Pokemon, including a Lapras named "AAAAIIIIIRRR"

Dux grows in strength, Pidgeot Savior is stronger than ever, Keeper Drowzee will evolve any moment now, and All Terrain Venomoth grows stronger too...

...if we could replace Cabbage with Digrat, this would be a stellar lineup.

Let me guess? Democracy prevailed?

I haven't watched since day 6. Let me know when they decide to start over from the beginning with only pure anarchy rules like they had originally.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 12:27:37

At 2/22/14 04:19 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
Let me guess? Democracy prevailed?

I haven't watched since day 6. Let me know when they decide to start over from the beginning with only pure anarchy rules like they had originally.

Democracy did pull through for the Safari Zone...we caught a bunch of pokemon, renamed with "A's" in their names (including All Terrain Venomoth...I'm pretty sure she came from the Safari Zone)...The Disciples of the Dome even successfully obtained the HM Surf and and Gold Teeth necessary for HM Strength.

Anarchy prevailed upon the quest's completion, but through Anarchy in early Day 9, we taught both Surf AND Strength to the newly attained Lapras named "AAAIIIIIRRRR" The Avatar.

As it stands, Lapras is slowly leveling up to the strength of the rest of the team. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for Keeper Drowzee to level up, and with a little research, I found that Cabbage and ATV have some exciting moves to learn in the near future.

Patience virtuous, Helix true.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 12:29:34

Also, fan art I made for when Dux saved the day after Savior Pidgeot fell from poisoning.

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 13:51:00

This phenomenon completely lost its merit as the epitome of chaos once they introduced voting. The chaos was what made the whole thing interesting in the first place.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 15:54:49

Well, stared at the screen for 10 seconds. That's about as much as I can take or want.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 16:55:10

I think it's crazy how even though 80,000 people are just slamming everything we've already made it through a large considerable distance through the game.

They play a brand of music that evokes both darkness and light at the same time. It is, in a way, ambitious and daring.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 17:11:17

At 2/22/14 03:54 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Well, stared at the screen for 10 seconds. That's about as much as I can take or want.

"omg newground s i am so sorry you have to see this"

Twitch plays Pokemon

They play a brand of music that evokes both darkness and light at the same time. It is, in a way, ambitious and daring.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 23:02:49

At 2/22/14 05:11 PM, MONGOL9999999 wrote:
At 2/22/14 03:54 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Well, stared at the screen for 10 seconds. That's about as much as I can take or want.
"omg newground s i am so sorry you have to see this"

I'm not against a bunch of people let's playing a game, or the chaos. It's just too much for me.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-22 23:22:12

I was told about this from a friend and watched little clips. There's a compilation on youtube already showing off how much time everyone spends spinning in place and accidentally using rare items.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-23 10:17:30

At 2/21/14 11:15 PM, Phobotech wrote: ...if we could replace Cabbage with Digrat, this would be a stellar lineup.

We have replaced Cabbage with the almighty Bird Judas.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-23 11:12:24

They JUST released two more pokemon...

This is way too much fucking much.

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-23 12:08:49

Fuckin Dome followers

Skynet is upon us.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-23 12:30:08

Aaaaaand there goes another one.

Twitch plays Pokemon

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-23 14:48:30

This is gold. Whoever came up with this is a genius.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-23 15:41:25

Did they just walk back into the dark cave?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-24 01:24:33

So they released about 10 pkm today. What a bloodbath.

And I still can't stop laughing at "Rick Gastly".

At 2/23/14 03:41 PM, Auz wrote: Did they just walk back into the dark cave?

I guess the goal is to evolve Nidorino with a Moon Stone. Now, there's always the chance of it being tossed and fucking everything up, per usual.

Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,

for the Devil sends the beast with wrath,

because he knows the time is short...

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-24 01:27:33

At 2/24/14 01:24 AM, Iron-Maiden wrote: So they released about 10 pkm today. What a bloodbath.

And I still can't stop laughing at "Rick Gastly".

At 2/23/14 03:41 PM, Auz wrote: Did they just walk back into the dark cave?
I guess the goal is to evolve Nidorino with a Moon Stone. Now, there's always the chance of it being tossed and fucking everything up, per usual.

12 Pokemon fell during Bloody Sunday.
The emotional attachment this is creating.
Is scary.
Humanity's way of attaching to alot of things is scary, imo.

Skynet is upon us.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-24 10:44:44

At 2/24/14 01:27 AM, Ron-Geno wrote: 12 Pokemon fell during Bloody Sunday.

Oh my, quite the productive day, I see.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-24 13:10:38

If we could replace Venomoth with Drowzee we will have the god squad, and somehow replace Bird Jesus' Mirror Move with something better.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-24 15:42:02

At 2/24/14 01:27 AM, Ron-Geno wrote: 12 Pokemon fell during Bloody Sunday.

we can never forget this day. many fell to cruel Destiny and her twitch minions.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-24 19:03:12

At 2/22/14 04:55 PM, MONGOL9999999 wrote: I think it's crazy how even though 80,000 people are just slamming everything we've already made it through a large considerable distance through the game.

Blame democracy.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-25 00:11:33

New enemy of game: Poison Status
Though we have come far, we are still unable to access the item menu and use antidotes (hell, do we even go to the market to buy any?)

On a positive note, the almighty Helix has learned Surf.
All hail!

Skynet is upon us.

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-25 12:32:13

"if you are for democracy you are against fun!" as the people chant on. "those who follow democracy follow the false prophet and the dome fossil!"

anarchy! it is what bird jesus and the resurrected helix want! all hail!

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-25 12:39:38

It sucks how most of the good stuff happens when I'm not around. I was checking every other half hour yesterday, and they were always stuck on the Mansion, getting burned, poisoned and such. Cue 10h later, they get the key, defeat Blaine and are en route to Vermillion.

Bleh.

Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea,

for the Devil sends the beast with wrath,

because he knows the time is short...

BBS Signature

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-26 11:52:22

Well, it looks like they officially have all 8 badges. I never thought they'd actually get this far, when I first heard about it.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Twitch plays Pokemon 2014-02-26 12:02:58

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature