Be a Supporter!

Top entries from 02/14/2014!

  • 383 Views
  • 17 Replies
Respond to this Topic
P-Bot
P-Bot
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Bot
Level 02
Blank Slate
Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 12:01 AM Reply

Hello NG-fans! P-Bot here, with Saturday's hottest games and movies submitted to the Portal:

  • Mario Plays Flappy Bird
    Mario Plays Flappy Bird by SamGreen

    Mario is a sore loser when it comes to Flappy Bird

    Score
    4.29 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    7,815 Views
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Bogaturs.15
    Bogaturs.15 by Bogaturs

    Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Three Russian Bogaturs & HOCKEY

    Score
    3.99 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    637 Views
    Rated
    Everyone
  • OFFS3T game
    OFFS3T game by spyker562

    Relaxing puzzle about glitched images.

    Score
    3.81 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    4,388 Views
    Rated
    Everyone
  • SMB: Super V-Day!
    SMB: Super V-Day! by Yoshi-1up

    Happy Valentine's Day Newgrounds!

    Score
    3.40 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    556 Views
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Grumpy Cupid
    Grumpy Cupid by xmorpher

    Help this grumpy Cupid to destroy all the hearts that stand in the way

    Score
    3.40 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    716 Views
    Rated
    Everyone
Here are the runners up for the day (poor guys!)

  1. Franken Runners, by WingonStudios
  2. HEY ASH, by MukiHyena
  3. Highgrounds, by spryfox
  4. In the Mountains, by Ztoons
  5. ...Meanwhile in the Black, by patach

We also have new submissions by the following popular artists:
SmokedBacon, Cyberdevil, RobertClock and jedierman.

What does everyone think of these submissions?

Greenskullkid
Greenskullkid
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 12:39 AM Reply

kool Pbot, you're the best!


gsk.

Pop-Tart
Pop-Tart
  • Member since: Mar. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Animator
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 01:13 AM Reply

Heart Art should've placed.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 04:02 AM Reply

Congrats to the winners!

At 2/15/14 01:13 AM, Pop-Tart wrote: Heart Art should've placed.

lol, that would've been something! :) I'm a bit surprised the Finn and Jake collab doesn't show up at all though, not even runner-ups.

pharynroller123
pharynroller123
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Artist
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 07:29 AM Reply

where's the new game called "jillxxxchris"

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 10:14 AM Reply

Congrats to the winners!

artistunknown
artistunknown
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 10:43 AM Reply

At 2/15/14 04:02 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: lol, that would've been something! :) I'm a bit surprised the Finn and Jake collab doesn't show up at all though, not even runner-ups.

That actually got 7th yesterday http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1360832

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 2/15/14 10:43 AM, artistunknown wrote: That actually got 7th yesterday http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1360832

Ah. that's where it was!

artistunknown
artistunknown
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 11:25 AM Reply

At 2/15/14 11:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/15/14 10:43 AM, artistunknown wrote: That actually got 7th yesterday http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1360832
Ah. that's where it was!

While on the subject of being surprised things didn't place, I'm still confused what happened with Zone's new game. It had passed judgement some time close to midnight on the day it was submitted and had around a 4.6 at the time of awards, which obviously should have been 1st, but for some reason it wasn't anywhere on the list other than a mention as from a popular artist. So I thought it was going to show in the following day but didn't. Then it didn't even show in the weeklies even though it had around a 4.4 at the time. It's quite odd...

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 2/15/14 11:25 AM, artistunknown wrote: While on the subject of being surprised things didn't place, I'm still confused what happened with Zone's new game. It had passed judgement some time close to midnight on the day it was submitted and had around a 4.6 at the time of awards, which obviously should have been 1st, but for some reason it wasn't anywhere on the list other than a mention as from a popular artist. So I thought it was going to show in the following day but didn't. Then it didn't even show in the weeklies even though it had around a 4.4 at the time. It's quite odd...

Huh, makes me wonder if maybe adult submissions can no longer get awards. Maybe they've been filtered out completely to make the site appeal to a broader audience. Don't think I've seen any A rated submissions in a few days.. though if Zone was mentioned as popular artist, you'd think it could place in the list as well, or maybe thats a way of placing such stuff in the sideline while still letting the people who follow Zone (or another other A artist) know about it... or maybe the system's bugging...

artistunknown
artistunknown
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 11:59 AM Reply

At 2/15/14 11:32 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Huh, makes me wonder if maybe adult submissions can no longer get awards. Maybe they've been filtered out completely to make the site appeal to a broader audience. Don't think I've seen any A rated submissions in a few days.. though if Zone was mentioned as popular artist, you'd think it could place in the list as well, or maybe thats a way of placing such stuff in the sideline while still letting the people who follow Zone (or another other A artist) know about it... or maybe the system's bugging...

I was actually thinking something along the same lines, with A rated submissions not being able to get awards any more or something. Which if that's the case I can totally see why since they already get views for being A rated so they don't need the extra exposure, but still, it's kinda lame for the things that aren't made to be porn then just have the A rating as a side effect of the nudity, like something like RAB. It's still nice to have a trophy if it deserves it, but if that's the case I guess it doesn't matter.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 12:27 PM Reply

At 2/15/14 11:59 AM, artistunknown wrote: I was actually thinking something along the same lines, with A rated submissions not being able to get awards any more or something. Which if that's the case I can totally see why since they already get views for being A rated so they don't need the extra exposure, but still, it's kinda lame for the things that aren't made to be porn then just have the A rating as a side effect of the nudity, like something like RAB. It's still nice to have a trophy if it deserves it, but if that's the case I guess it doesn't matter.

Wouldn't that just get an M rating though? Yeah, I'd understand the choice, but I'd rather the awards are free for all, regardless of genre or content rating. It would be good with an award limit per user/week to keep things fair, but that's a different topic.

artistunknown
artistunknown
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 01:02 PM Reply

At 2/15/14 12:27 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Wouldn't that just get an M rating though? Yeah, I'd understand the choice, but I'd rather the awards are free for all, regardless of genre or content rating. It would be good with an award limit per user/week to keep things fair, but that's a different topic.

I suppose if the excessive nudity isn't in a sexual manner then an M rating would be appropriate, but a lot of the time if there's a lot of nudity it is presented sexually, and if it's not porn it's usually for comedy, like the A rated stuff that I rarely make, more for gross-out comedy than porn, but yeah. I agree that awards should be free for all. If something is good enough to warrant an award, it should get one unless it's snuffed out by something better. Still though, there hasn't been any official confirmation whether A rated things can no longer get awards, so it was probably just a bug with the system.
And I'm not sure if a limit of awards per user/week would be a good thing to do either since there's a limit of how many things you can upload in that week. It does seem to be a problem lately.

And I'm sorry if I'm kinda derailing the topic, I just thought I should bring this up :3

I did enjoy a few of today's entries, so congrats to the winners.

Vinnyy
Vinnyy
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 01:12 PM Reply

Congratz to the winners.

As always, thank you for your work.


Just chillin' like always.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 2/15/14 01:02 PM, artistunknown wrote: Still though, there hasn't been any official confirmation whether A rated things can no longer get awards, so it was probably just a bug with the system.

That seems somewhat more serious, if submissions can be potentially excluded from award-attaining on a systematical whim. :/

And I'm not sure if a limit of awards per user/week would be a good thing to do either since there's a limit of how many things you can upload in that week. It does seem to be a problem lately.

Well you can upload 14 submissions in a week, and thus also win 14 submissions in a week... that's a lot of potential awards in a single week! Though maybe a better limitation would be a limit on weekly awards /user, since it's fully possible to win all weekly awards whereas you can never get more than 2/5ths of the dailies.

And I'm sorry if I'm kinda derailing the topic, I just thought I should bring this up :3

Well it is related to the entries! Of... a few days back...

artistunknown
artistunknown
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 2/15/14 01:27 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Well you can upload 14 submissions in a week, and thus also win 14 submissions in a week... that's a lot of potential awards in a single week! Though maybe a better limitation would be a limit on weekly awards /user, since it's fully possible to win all weekly awards whereas you can never get more than 2/5ths of the dailies.

I think the bigger problem is using multiple accounts to submit more than two things a day, which is what the Red Medusa people are doing. Shouldn't that be against the rules? I'm okay with people submitting two things a day if they want, because that's the limit and if they win awards every day they submit, it is annoying but that's just the consequence of allowing two submissions a day. When they make multiple accounts to break that limit though, that's where it gets to bullshit rule breaking levels. Something should be done about that because it's obvious they're the same people.

Well it is related to the entries! Of... a few days back...

I seem to have changed to topic again, but to something more relevant since it seems to keep happening... how'd that happen? heh. I'm not sure if a discussion of these topics should be taken somewhere else, but I think I've said all I can for now. ;3

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 2/15/14 01:51 PM, artistunknown wrote: I think the bigger problem is using multiple accounts to submit more than two things a day, which is what the Red Medusa people are doing. Shouldn't that be against the rules? I'm okay with people submitting two things a day if they want, because that's the limit and if they win awards every day they submit, it is annoying but that's just the consequence of allowing two submissions a day. When they make multiple accounts to break that limit though, that's where it gets to bullshit rule breaking levels. Something should be done about that because it's obvious they're the same people.

True. And that one-account limit sounds reasonable, though it'd be difficult to enforce if users are still free to take on multiple aliases for different forms of content (which I believe they should)... but as for being able to rake in all weekly awards... you don't think that's a bit unjust? Weekly awards are rare and prestigious trophies; should be available in limited amounts to each individual... IMHO!

I seem to have changed to topic again, but to something more relevant since it seems to keep happening... how'd that happen? heh. I'm not sure if a discussion of these topics should be taken somewhere else, but I think I've said all I can for now. ;3

So now the topic swapping hopping ends! :O

MistyEntertainment
MistyEntertainment
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to Top entries from 02/14/2014! Feb. 15th, 2014 @ 03:43 PM Reply

Congrats to the