00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for podcast co-hosts

977 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for podcast co-hosts 2014-01-23 21:59:28

Hello, I'm the DeadMan, founder and editor-in-chief of Death's Door Prods. For over 2 years we've been producing 7 podcasts and audio shows, 4 bi-weekly and 3 weekly. My second in command, who has co-hosted every show with me since the beginning, is unfortunately going back to school soon and won't be able to regularly appear on podcasts. So I'm looking for new co-hosts. Below are the shows, what we cover on them, when we usually record, and what we're looking for. All shows are recorded over Skype and have no set runtime. We just kinda go until we stop.

1. Video Games Podcast, every other Monday at around 7PM EST. We talk about what games we've been playing recently, the latest industry news, and our thoughts on upcoming games.

We're looking for someone who loves games, and is able to talk about games well. You need to have a decent quality microphone and be comfortable talking to it. We have enough awkwardness already, we don't need more. You also need to be dedicated to doing a bi-weekly show, and if you are chosen be able to inform me in a timely manner if something comes up and you can't make a recording session.

2. Comics Podcast, every other Tuesday at around 7PM EST. We talk about comics we've read recently, the big events happening, and the latest interesting news we can get our hands on.

We're looking for someone who loves comics, and is able to talk about comics well. It doesn't matter if you love Marvel or DC (although I can't see why anyone would in this day and age), as long as you can get some joy out reading stuff you're good. You need a decent quality microphone and be comfortable talking to it. We have enough awkwardness already, we don't need more. You also need to be dedicated to doing a bi-weekly show, and if you are chosen be able to inform me in a timely manner if something comes up and you can't make a recording session.

3. Anime/Manga Podcast, every other Wednesday at around 7PM EST. We talk about the anime and manga we've read recently, and the latest interesting news.

We're looking for someone who loves anime and manga, and is able to talk about them well. You need to know more than just the Big 3 (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) and Fairy Tail, though. We get enough about them from the rest of the internet. While knowledge of the bigger stuff is important, too, you need to go hunting things you haven't heard of or we haven't heard of before. Stuff that is interesting and that you can talk in depth about. No hentai, though. You need to have a decent quality microphone and be comfortable talking to it. We have enough awkwardness already, we don't need more. You also need to be dedicated to doing a bi-weekly show, and if you are chosen be able to inform me in a timely manner if something comes up and you can't make a recording session.

If you are chosen, you may also be called upon for the Anime Club. This is a weekly feature we do on the website where we watch 2 episodes of an anime, commentate over them, then talk about the episodes and the series up to that point. If you are willing to do this weekly, that is great. If not, it won't hurt your chances.

4. Movies/TV podcast, every other Thursday at around 7PM EST. We talk about what movies or TV we've watched recently, what movies are coming out soon, trailers we've seen that were interesting, and the latest interesting news we could get our hands on.

We're looking for someone who loves movies and TV, and can talk about them well. You need to watch a variety of stuff. We don't just want to talk about one show episode by episode for weeks on end. We do revisit shows we've talked about before, but we usually leave a few episode gap from the last time we talked about it. You need to have a decent quality microphone and be comfortable talking to it. We have enough awkwardness already, we don't need more. You also need to be dedicated to doing a bi-weekly show, and if you are chosen be able to inform me in a timely manner if something comes up and you can't make a recording session.

If you are chosen, you may be called upon to do Let's Watches. These are weekly movie commentaries we do on the website. We just sit down, watch a movie, and talk about it while we watch it. If you are willing to do this weekly, that's great. If not, it won't hurt your chances.

If you are interested in joining any of these podcasts, please send an email todeadman@deathsdoorprods.com. In the email include:

- Which podcast you want in subject line
- Your Skype name
- A clip of you talking about a comic you've read, a game you've played, a movie or anime you've watched, depending on what podcast you want. Just to give us an idea of how you and your setup sound.

Hopefully I'll be hearing back from some of you soon.

Thank you,
DeadMan
Death's Door Prods

Response to Looking for podcast co-hosts 2014-01-24 13:30:05

At 1/23/14 11:59 PM, TheGoatee wrote: sounds fun.

It really is.

Response to Looking for podcast co-hosts 2014-01-28 15:19:00

At 1/28/14 07:30 AM, Luminarou wrote: Oh I wish I could get involved in this; It's a shame I live in the UK and your pod-casting times start at midnight for me haha. While reading it I was hoping there'd be one during the weekend :)

Yours,
Luminarou

Well depending on what podcast you're interested in the times are flexible. It's only 7PM EST now because all my other co-hosts I've up 'til now were American and had day jobs so that was the only time that really worked for them. I work from home so I'm basically good to go any time after 10AM EST (I'm guessing that's around 3PM for you).

Response to Looking for podcast co-hosts 2014-01-30 01:45:04

At 1/29/14 04:59 PM, Luminarou wrote: I'd be interested in the Movie/Tv Show one, the Anime one, or the gaming one. It's a shame you guys don't do a tech one.

The anime positions have been filled, but movies and gaming and still open.

Response to Looking for podcast co-hosts 2014-02-01 19:12:33

I sent you an e-mail