00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tips for (non-swf) publishing

707 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-12 13:24:20

I want to publish my next animation as a video file (mp4, avi, whatever's available in CS6) so I can upload it on youtube, but in the past I've run into loads of problems with movie clips not publishing. For example, all of my lip syncing animations are contained in movie clips, because sound mixing delays can be a huge issue (at least in my experience). So my question is, before I embark on what will be a pretty substantial project, what are some tips for making my flash animation video publishable? Do I have to just rid of all movie clips and put everything on the main timeline? That'll make things a lot more difficult...

Tips for (non-swf) publishing

Response to Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-12 15:38:32

Another thing you could try is clicking on you movie clips and going into the properties and setting them as graphics instead. If you need them to loop like a movie clip would there are graphic settings to do that too.

Response to Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-12 15:51:32

At 1/12/14 03:38 PM, OOGIDIBA wrote: Another thing you could try is clicking on you movie clips and going into the properties and setting them as graphics instead. If you need them to loop like a movie clip would there are graphic settings to do that too.

Should of read your question better. There's a trick I heard about that you can try to keep the sound in sync.

For example, if streaming sounds on the timeline are going out of sync and you have gaps of frames without sound within that timeline, try adding a blank sound to the gaps. This for whatever reason seems to make flash handle syncing better.

If you don't know how to make a blank sound file you can get "audacity" for free and then you just gotta start audacity and click generate up top, and hit silence. The neat part about doing this is since its not making any noise you can export a totally shit quality file that wont take up much memory while still fixing the issue.

also I guess technically you could just use a sound file you already have to fill the gaps and just drag the volume down to the bottom so its muted.

Response to Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-12 20:25:49

Thanks guys for all the tips. I think I'm gonna try using graphics instead of movie clips (but then I can't use filters?). I also might try exporting my movie as an swf (without sound) and then mixing sound using a separate program. It seems like a lot of people publish animations into video files without much trouble.

Response to Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-13 20:38:17

No problem! Yeah the drawback with graphics is the lack of filters but the good thing about them is that the animation within will play with the main timeline so you don't have to test it to see how it will look. You could always set it as a graphic while you work on timing it properly then just switch it back to a movie-clip and apply filters at the end.

Response to Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-13 23:56:51

Are you having any audio issues when you just export it as a regular swf? If the swf plays OK, you can use a free program called Swivel to convert it to whatever video format you want.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-14 00:12:50

At 1/13/14 11:56 PM, Celshaded wrote: Are you having any audio issues when you just export it as a regular swf? If the swf plays OK, you can use a free program called Swivel to convert it to whatever video format you want.

Wait really? That would solve a lot of problems..

Response to Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-14 04:44:17

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to Tips for (non-swf) publishing 2014-01-14 08:16:13

At 1/14/14 04:44 AM, Celshaded wrote: www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-resources/swivel

I'm surprised that wasn't the first reply. And that OP didn't even know about it. Swivel should be pretty well known on this site by now.

Gosh. Some people man.