00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scarss just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Quick q'n on music-only collabs

819 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Quick q'n on music-only collabs 2013-12-27 07:57:57

Hey guys, thought I'd ask this because I'm not sure where such an idea belongs.

If I've got a collab idea which is purely music-based (no animation, nothing) and I would like to get people together, would it be fine to post this on the Audio Forums, or do I still have to go to the Collab forum?

I remember an audio collab being held here in the Audio Forums once but that was yonks ago, and I'm not sure if that still applies.

And if anyone's curious about the idea... I'm thinking something folksy, something trad, but at the same time, something original.

Response to Quick q'n on music-only collabs 2013-12-27 08:16:53

I'd actually like to know as well. Some forum moderators say that the collab forum is only for game/movie collabs, whereas others direct musicians to the collab forum when they want to start a collab.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Quick q'n on music-only collabs 2013-12-27 14:43:30

It's fine to post a thread here looking to collab with people, that's part of the reason the Audio Forum exists. The collab forum is meant more for multiple people working together to create something that requires a diverse skill set. If you're looking to collab with just other musicians, there isn't really any reason you can't just post it here.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Quick q'n on music-only collabs 2013-12-27 15:04:50

Thanks @Back-From-Purgatory! Once I get the finer details behind the idea properly ironed out, I'll try and see if I can organise one soon.