00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vegeta210 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013

12,489 Views | 211 Replies

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-12 19:20:16

At 12/12/13 07:09 PM, stafffighter wrote: No one got my valentines day card last year................SO ALONE!

Well maybe next year will be different.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-12 19:20:35

I don't want any of you coming to my house to rape and kill me, so I think I'll pass...

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-12 23:16:43

At 12/12/13 07:20 PM, fourchannings wrote: I do want any of you coming to my house and rape me, so count me in

reveal the true post

well

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-13 00:55:47

At 12/12/13 05:53 PM, stafffighter wrote: I guess they didn't get mine, which means I won't get one. I'm a sad t-rex.

we got yours. i sent yours out soon. unless you provided a fake address which then fuck you.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-13 06:24:27

At 12/12/13 06:32 PM, JeremyLokken wrote:
Thanks again, put me right into the Christmas spirit. The chocolates and letter..not the butts... :)

I'm so happy that you liked it all Jeremy! ESPECIALLY the butts I'm sure.

For all those super duper cards you made, well you deserved some chocies and a nice little Will & Kate plate. Merry Christmas!

Can't wait to receive mine and yurgen, just damn. I love everything about it and yeah, Kim Jong Il aren't no hollaback girl.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-13 19:46:39

Thank you @Austerity for wishing me a fiscally responsible Christmas.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-13 19:50:05

And here are the contents of the card along with the stats for the very awesome card @JeremyLokken made. I'm Prosnorkulus, a Christmas viking with maxed rank in Grinch strength, baby.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-13 20:03:00

At 12/13/13 07:55 PM, Austerity wrote: Did you get the scratch off lottery ticket and castle crashers sticker that was included?

I showed everything I got in the first picture. The card, the trading card, a logo sticker and a newgrounds postcard. Also you gave me knowledge. When I was texting Sevenseize about getting a card your name didn't have a spell check under it so I looked up the word. It's a good word and the quest itself was meaningful. Also, I took my niece to go see the Hobbit today so I'm pretty high on anything quest based.

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-13 20:17:21

At 12/13/13 07:57 PM, Piggler wrote: Wow, so many elaborate Christmas cards. You guise are so creative.

And to think all I did was draw on a piece of paper and mail it.

So true, I feel like I could have been a lot more elaborate with mine.

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-13 20:20:55

At 12/13/13 08:06 PM, Austerity wrote: . No matter, I'll get several more of them and mail them to you after I get your card.

It doesn't work that way. I got yours from the newgrounds office and you'll get a card, be it from me or someone else, from the newgrounds office. It's ok, the card is awesome! Thank you again.

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 00:40:59

Thank you @Viper50 for your card. It puty a smile on my face :)

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 00:51:03

At 12/14/13 12:40 AM, Wegra wrote: Thank you @Viper50 for your card. It puty a smile on my face :)

Oh hey someone got my card.
It turned out pretty crappy....considering I kept putting off and putting off making it and then threw it together the night before the deadline for mailing them out.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 01:18:53

At 12/14/13 12:51 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/14/13 12:40 AM, Wegra wrote: Thank you @Viper50 for your card. It puty a smile on my face :)
Oh hey someone got my card.
It turned out pretty crappy....considering I kept putting off and putting off making it and then threw it together the night before the deadline for mailing them out.

Nah it's fine. I don't get much good mail these days so this was a nice break

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 01:21:30

Did I write anything other than "Merry Christmas" (or something along the lines of that) and "From: Viper50" inside it?
I don't remember.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 01:42:05

At 12/14/13 12:44 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: apparently everyone so far put zero effort in except me and gagsy
whatever I receive better be good

Now now my little strudelberry.

I'd say we're more guilty of putting too much effort into it just because we just love to please people so much. I'll be happy to receive anything at all, and do feel that its the thought that counts. I also just get a great sense of happiness knowing that I gave my most to give someone something cool and full of love, and bums. Always bums.

Also just glad that Jeremy shared it with the masses. I thought I've made some awesome 'cards' for 2 years and no one shared them, pretty sure the first year they didn't even say thanks :((

So this year I feel extra happy for that! :]

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 01:51:52

At 12/14/13 01:21 AM, Viper50 wrote:
Did I write anything other than "Merry Christmas" (or something along the lines of that) and "From: Viper50" inside it?
I don't remember.

Dont think so

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 12:06:57

So this parcel arrives today with a meatboy sticker on it. I look at the item content list and I see it says "Plush toy" and I immediately turn into thr emoticon above.

Like a child on Christmas morning I eagerly open my gift and find something much to my delight, but first, the card!

Front
Back

(back is my favourite part btw)

Now the inside of the card.

Some of the writing is hard to make out (the penned writing didn't show up on camera well) so let me give a transcript of exactly what (or what I think) it says inside;

"for real man I hope you
last breath despondent
feel cool ni99a
reprobate slum king
yo tolerate this funny dude fa99ot
(or its yo tolerate dude this funny fa99ot)

merry christmas from daethdrain

im Thinking dont feel sorry
what did you ask for christmas
I hope you get it buddy
Ask this dude to destroy my enemies
listen (wiggly lines)

you probably make me sick fuck you"

I'm sure I do daethdrain, I'm sure I do.

More to come!

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 12:20:15

This little fella was laying on top of the card in my package. I'm very proud to own, what I assume is the first deathdrain plush toy. One day when children all over the world are playing with toys from the endless daethdrain line, I can say "I got the first" then sell it for millions. Till then he can chill it with my other NG related plushy goods.

Also Jeremy! Your cards are so awesome. I think I got lucky once again here. Got me the much loved (and hated) Banta Claus! 002 card. Love to know what the number 1 is.

Front
Back

On a final note, just inside the unsealed envelope that my card came in was a tiny note for Luis from daethdrain

"Send to somebody good"

I sorry that you didn't get your wish there daethdrain :( but I much appreciate the card and plush and will cherish them both. And of course the NG card from Jeremy :D

And Luis, cheers for doing me a solid again. I must like repay the favour sometime, somehow~

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 16:18:36

At 12/14/13 12:44 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: apparently everyone so far put zero effort in except me and gagsy
whatever I receive better be good

Yeah, I'm sure cutting up your mom's magazines and pasting them on some construction paper in a weird way under the guise that it's "high art" that we don't just understand was real hard.

Good one.

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 17:21:53

At 12/14/13 04:05 PM, Austerity wrote:
They couldn't find the lottery ticket at the office so I mailed him some more to send to you. It was the main feature of the card since I only put like five minutes of work into it.

I really did love the card but still I recognize going above and beyond as you begin an awesome person. Thank you.

Anyway I'm loving the Christmas card that I just recieved, I'll post pics when I find my SD card.

Who's it from?

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 17:37:18

This actually looks genuinely awesome amd I can't wait to participate next year, when people get to know me even better and such. Early merry xmas everyone, smooches for poocums

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 18:35:16

At 12/14/13 06:26 PM, Piggler wrote:

Thank you, stafffighter for a lovely card/comic.

Thank you for liking it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 22:05:10

At 12/14/13 01:42 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Also just glad that Jeremy shared it with the masses. I thought I've made some awesome 'cards' for 2 years and no one shared them, pretty sure the first year they didn't even say thanks :((

I got your Vday card one year and shared and loved it more than a friend. I still have it. I have a walk in/open closet in my office so I basically just turned it into Newgrounds land. I have a post card from you as well. Dunno why the color/lighting came out so yucky, but here. I hope this lets you know how loved you are!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 22:24:52

At 12/14/13 06:46 PM, Austerity wrote: The card is the best @Wegra

We should have hung out at comic con a couple months ago and hit on all the Morrigan cosplayers

I also scored the NG Christmas trading card #1 which I will be posting soon

Oh Nathan right? Fuck yeah frankly I'm just honored to meet you in person. Either way I'm happy you liked it

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 22:28:55

At 12/14/13 08:29 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I want a card!!

So do I....
I guess I'll have to wait til next week to see if I got one in the mail yet.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-14 22:47:35

At 12/14/13 10:28 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/14/13 08:29 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I want a card!!
So do I....
I guess I'll have to wait til next week to see if I got one in the mail yet.

mines will get in a little late but theres always valentines day card exchange

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-15 03:38:15

At 12/14/13 10:05 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I got your Vday card one year and shared and loved it more than a friend. I still have it. I have a walk in/open closet in my office so I basically just turned it into Newgrounds land. I have a post card from you as well. Dunno why the color/lighting came out so yucky, but here. I hope this lets you know how loved you are!

You humble me.

Your shrine is hella awesome btw, almost as awesome as you my dear <3

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-15 19:42:42

I'm still waiting for a card to arrive here. I hope that whoever gets mine will appreciate my work. Since I never joined a card exchange on NG before, I didn't know what to expect, and so I ended up making art for it, but didn't include any Christmas wishes. One of these days a fellow Newgrounder will receive this card, and I'd like for this person to know that I'm wishing him/her a merry little Christmas. May all of your dreams come true!

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-16 13:32:10

Got a card in the mail today from @SCTE3
Thanks.
Also thanks @JeremyLokken for the card.
Got Salad Fingers (#10). Beat that!
Not only does he like rusty spoons, but his Special Christmas Ability is: Nativity Scene On One Hand.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NG X-mas Card Exchange 2013 2013-12-16 14:52:02

At 12/16/13 02:41 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 12/16/13 01:32 PM, Viper50 wrote: Got a card in the mail today from @SCTE3
Thanks.
Welcome <3

Got a card from @ForNoReason.
Got the Steve card <3
Sorry for no pics.

I am sorry for everything.

Still trying to find my camera to show everyone @piggler 's awesome card! I also got the sniper card and some stickers with it.

I think I put some other stuff with my card. I like to throw random things into these things. You get it?

II II lI

BBS Signature