00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Altongoodbottle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Contest 11!

25,958 Views | 254 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 01:34:35

Voice Acting Contest 11

You've all been waiting for it! Newgrounds' 11th voice acting contest is here! Every single contest has been bigger and bigger and I expect no less of this one! If you're a voice acting vet, this is a good way to sharpen your skills. If you're new to voice overs, this is a great venue to showcase what you have, get some feedback from the tight community and for everyone it's an awesome fun time! The usual prizes are in place and I have a fantastic grand prize for the winner! If you're joining in, read the rules and info below and get in front of your mic! Otherwise, show some support to your fellow NGers by listening, rating, commenting or even become a judge (If you meet the qualifications. See below if you're interested!)

THEME: My First...
Contest Rules (PLEASE READ)
- Each entry needs to be a minimum of 2 minutes long and a maximum of 6 minutes long.
- Each entry must fit the theme! Open your mind and think out of the box! Be creative! (It counts towards your score)
- Each entry must have at least 3 different voices.
- Each entry must be submitted by November 15th, 11:59PM EST
- Each entry can be any kind of genre (comedy, drama, etc...).
- No one may help you with your entry. You must do everything by yourself.
- All sound effects and music must be royalty free. No copyright material is allowed. (Try using the NG Audio Portal!)
- All entries must be sent to the NG audio portal. If you are banned, let me know or try contacting an audio portal moderator directly. If you need scouted, contact me or another judge.
- You may use effects such as echo, robot, phone filter, etc... however, manipulating your pitch using your recording software is NOT allowed.
- Although only one submission per person is allowed, you may go back and edit the original entry as long as it happens before the deadline.
- Disobeying any rules will result in disqualification.NOTE: You will lose 1 point from your total score for going over the time limit up to 30 seconds and an additional point will be taken away for every 30 seconds after.

How To Submit
-All submissions MUST be submitted to the audio portal. As stated above, if you are banned, get someone else to submit it for you or contact me or another judge if you need to be scouted.
-Once you have submitted the piece to the audio portal, copy the link and paste it into this thread. Once I see it, I will add it to the list.
-Please keep it between 2 and 6 minutes otherwise you will lose precious points!

The Judging Process
Each entry will be judged per category. Each category has it's own point value. The total points will equal 150. After all points are added up, the more points you have, the higher place you will receive. (In case of a tie, I will break it). The categories are as follows:
Acting - The most important of all, YOUR ACTING! Your voice acting needs to sound like the character is actually in his or her situation. Try not to be monotone and dull. - 50 points
Range - How much each character varies from the others - 25 points
Fit - How well each voice fits the character. *An old man would have a raspy voice and a big guy would have a deep voice, etc...* (Obviously, consideration is taken if the voice is done differently for comedic value. Example: Old woman who smokes may sound like the fat guy from Aqua Teen Hunger Force) - 25 points
Mixing - Not all of us can afford a good mic, but please try to make your final production as high quality as possible! If your voice is fuzzy and full of static , the judges cant judge your voice as well. This also includes how you mix together your SFX and music. - 20
Originality - How original your skit was. Be creative! - 15
Writing- It's all good if you have great voice acting, but let's try and have your skit make sense! This doesn't mean you have to be another Hemingway, but there should be some sort of structure to your skit. Also, if your skit does not fit the theme well, points will be taken from this category. - 15

The Prizes!
If you end up winning, here is what will happen!
1st Place - A free 1 hour coaching session with Kyle Hebert via Skype + $60 Store Credit + Legendary Front Page!
2nd Place - $40 Store Credit + Freakin' Awesome Front Page!
3rd Place - $20 Store Credit + Fantastic Front Page!
4th Place - $0 Store Credit + Groovy Front Page!

If You Want to Judge!
We ALWAYS need judges, preferably a maximum of 5. Please note that if you do want to be a judge, results will be expected by May 14th. If results are not received by this date, your scores will not count.
If you would like to judge, send me a PM explaining why you are qualified to be one! (For judges, I'd like to see a track record of quality voice acting or a history of excellent reviews on voice acting) If there are openings, I'll send you what needs to be done!

Other Crap For You to Read!
Again the DEADLINE IS: November 15th 11:59pm EST!
Feel free to discuss the contest in this thread. It usually turns out to be a fun time! Obviously just keep flaming out of it. This contest is about bringing the voice acting community together! If your a beginner, throw in a submission anyway! It's a good way to get your name out there and to connect with others in the voice acting community... Besides, you never know what the outcome might be! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll keep you all updated with any changes and progress with judging.

Also, if you're interested in listening to a sloppy announcement that I made in a half hour and submitted to the audio portal, here it is in all of its crappy glory!

Be sure to check out Kyle Hebert's website! He generously offered up the prize and I highly recommend checking out his coaching session even if you don't win the free one! Click here for his website!

Voice Acting Contest 11!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 02:33:09

More like my

FIRST

But yeah, let's do this!!

E

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 03:03:39

Also, are we doing another animated award show? I loved the first one half to death

E

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 03:12:54

At 10/12/13 03:03 AM, Chongo wrote: Also, are we doing another animated award show? I loved the first one half to death

I contacted FoxPirate about it so hopefully! If she's not interested, I'll need to search for someone else.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 07:18:57

At 10/12/13 01:34 AM, JaShinYa wrote: If You Want to Judge!
We ALWAYS need judges, preferably a maximum of 5. Please note that if you do want to be a judge, results will be expected by May 14th. If results are not received by this date, your scores will not count.
If you would like to judge, send me a PM explaining why you are qualified to be one! (For judges, I'd like to see a track record of quality voice acting or a history of excellent reviews on voice acting) If there are openings, I'll send you what needs to be done!

What May 14th!!!! That means we'll have to wait 6 months for our results!!!! I know last time took long, but this is ridiculous.

So the theme is "My first..."? Could you elaborate? Give some examples and such. You went over it really fast. I didn't even notice what the theme was the first time I read the post.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 10:43:42

At 10/12/13 07:18 AM, SourJovis wrote: What May 14th!!!!

Yeah, that's an extremely long time, considering the deadline is in November. Any particular reason?

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 11:26:49

At 10/12/13 07:18 AM, SourJovis wrote:
At 10/12/13 01:34 AM, JaShinYa wrote: If You Want to Judge!
What May 14th!!!! That means we'll have to wait 6 months for our results!!!! I know last time took long, but this is ridiculous.

So the theme is "My first..."? Could you elaborate? Give some examples and such. You went over it really fast. I didn't even notice what the theme was the first time I read the post.

Ahhh...shit. I really wish NG would let us edit posts!!!! I copy/paste the rules from the past contest and just rewrite a few parts so I must have missed that... So with that pointed out-

NOTE: JUDGING WILL BE FINISHED NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15TH

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 12:21:19

I'M IN BRO

Bring the ruckus.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 12:52:24

At 10/12/13 12:21 PM, JoePorter134 wrote: I'M IN BRO

ALRIGHT BRO!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 13:45:27

A NEW JUDGE HAS ENTERED THE ARENA!

And by that I mean say hello to FeliciaAngelle! She'll be helping me judge this time around. She has a great track record which includes some pro commercial and anime stuff! Thanks gurrrrl!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 14:03:50

At 10/12/13 11:26 AM, JaShinYa wrote: I copy/paste the rules from the past contest and just rewrite a few parts so I must have missed that...

Ok right. That's what I thought actually. Can you tell more about the theme please.

Sot the theme is "My first..."? We can make of that whatever we like? My first kiss, my first day at school, my first hangover, my first time I drove an ostrich, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 14:20:24

At 10/12/13 02:03 PM, SourJovis wrote:
At 10/12/13 11:26 AM, JaShinYa wrote: I copy/paste the rules from the past contest and just rewrite a few parts so I must have missed that...
Ok right. That's what I thought actually. Can you tell more about the theme please.

Sot the theme is "My first..."? We can make of that whatever we like? My first kiss, my first day at school, my first hangover, my first time I drove an ostrich, etc.

You're exactly right. It's your first experience with anything. Real or made up! Be creative!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 14:40:14

At 10/12/13 01:45 PM, JaShinYa wrote: A NEW JUDGE HAS ENTERED THE ARENA!

And by that I mean say hello to FeliciaAngelle! She'll be helping me judge this time around. She has a great track record which includes some pro commercial and anime stuff! Thanks gurrrrl!

Wooot! Glad to be aboard. Break a lip, everyone!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 15:58:03

Seems like fun. I might give it a try.

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 16:10:35

I might actually take part in this, but who knows if I'll fare any better than fourth place. XD

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-12 17:30:17

At 10/12/13 03:58 PM, LegendofDelza wrote: Seems like fun. I might give it a try.

DOOOO IIITTT!!!!

@moonvamp: Well given your huge improvement from the 9th VAC and the fact you got best acting, I'd say you're a contender!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-13 21:54:07

Awwww yeeaaahh! We've got another judge! Please welcome last contest's winner to the judge's table... ZipZipper!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-13 22:54:55

- Welcome, Zipper!

- Oh! Hey, Zipper!

- Wait, stop...you're already here.

- H-how did you know?

Voice Acting Contest 11!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-14 18:00:00

Our judging pool is almost fool! Welcome ChibiBritt! She has a strong portfolio under her belt so I'm sure she'll have good comments to give come time! That also leave one more spot left if anyone feels up for judging instead of submitting an entry.

Now... who's the first one gonna be???

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-15 01:47:20

hello how do i become voice actor and voice on fo the character in the games?

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-15 05:28:50

Once more into the fray! Love these contests JaShinYa always fun to put these things together!

HERE is my submission for the contest

This is my first time using noticeable effects, so please let me know (if possible) if any of these aren't allowed. I didn't touch the pitch or anything, but you never know O.O

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions this time around :D :D

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-15 12:58:32

At 10/15/13 05:28 AM, KirbzVA wrote: Once more into the fray! Love these contests JaShinYa always fun to put these things together!

HERE is my submission for the contest

This is my first time using noticeable effects, so please let me know (if possible) if any of these aren't allowed. I didn't touch the pitch or anything, but you never know O.O

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions this time around :D :D

Everything sounds ok to me! A noticeable improvement over the last contest too. Great job! I'll add you to the list. :)

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-16 01:25:19

At 10/15/13 12:58 PM, JaShinYa wrote: Everything sounds ok to me! A noticeable improvement over the last contest too. Great job! I'll add you to the list. :)

Awesome, thanks a lot! ^^

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-17 14:45:19

At 10/16/13 01:25 AM, KirbzVA wrote:
At 10/15/13 12:58 PM, JaShinYa wrote: Everything sounds ok to me! A noticeable improvement over the last contest too. Great job! I'll add you to the list. :)
Awesome, thanks a lot! ^^

No problem!

Come on everyone! Spread the word about the contest! MORE ENTRIES!!!!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-17 14:48:24

Here is my submission :)

Lilin's First Blood

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-17 15:39:22

At 10/17/13 02:48 PM, AderuMoro wrote: Here is my submission :)

Lilin's First Blood

Excellent! I added you to the list!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-17 16:11:58

At 10/17/13 03:39 PM, JaShinYa wrote:

Lilin's First Blood

0__________________________________________0 I'm going to cry in the corner now and not come out. That was too good. XD

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-17 16:56:08

At 10/17/13 04:11 PM, moonvamp wrote:
At 10/17/13 03:39 PM, JaShinYa wrote:

Lilin's First Blood
0__________________________________________0 I'm going to cry in the corner now and not come out. That was too good. XD

Better bring it VAMP!

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-21 11:57:46

Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! 2013-10-21 12:07:21

At 10/21/13 11:57 AM, Synectics wrote: My entry for the contest

Thanks! Added it to the list!