Be a Supporter!

Voice Acting Contest 11!

  • 12,443 Views
  • 257 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Tonash
Tonash
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 03:22 PM Reply

Good luck to everybody!

ChibiBritt
ChibiBritt
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 05:43 PM Reply

So many awesome entries! I look forward to judging. It's gonna rock!

ecopper12
ecopper12
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 06:22 PM Reply

And WE'RE OFF!

Good luck to everyone, including the judges. Lord knows there'll be a hard time deciding a winner.

I hope I at least place better than the last two years. xD

KirbzVA
KirbzVA
  • Member since: Sep. 20, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 07:20 PM Reply

IT'S HAPPENING!!! Good luck to everyone in the contest and thank you judges for taking the time to do this :)

moonvamp
moonvamp
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 09:18 PM Reply

As I look back on my own entry, there's a part of me that wished I either re-recorded it or mixed it better.

Blasted reverb issues kinda plagues it a bit, and I admit that my vocal range isn't that diverse or strong now that I look back on it.

Oh well, best to carry any pride I have (wait, I have pride?), and just admit that I have no chance..................I guess. NO PITY PARTY!

Okay, so if anyone wants to give me honest feedback (no ass kissing, please) on my entry, I will gladly return the favor and review yours. Just be warned.......I'll most likely prefer yours over mine.


BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 11:52 PM Reply

And the wait begins


Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 17th, 2013 @ 01:42 AM Reply

At 11/16/13 11:52 PM, Chongo wrote: And the wait begins

...DCzerkies42 waits waits like a little bunny to see what will happen on this contest whether out of no where the games will flip and Tonash comes out of no where with a flying kick to my face! but then I run on side a rock as ChibiBritt comes out of no where and smashes Tonash into the fall with badassness. As I cowardly continue around the rock and then see both ecopper12, and KirbzVA sword fighting to death, and other V/a's matching up to see for whom is the victor of this Contest! But they all stopped once they heard the man say one of our names. Let the duels begin, lol sorry... im so enjoying myself... this contest is balla.


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 17th, 2013 @ 01:56 AM Reply

At 11/17/13 01:42 AM, DCzerkies42 wrote: ...DCzerkies42 waits waits like a little bunny to see what will happen on this contest whether out of no where the games will flip and Tonash comes out of no where with a flying kick to my face! but then I run on side a rock as ChibiBritt comes out of no where and smashes Tonash into the fall with badassness. As I cowardly continue around the rock and then see both ecopper12, and KirbzVA sword fighting to death, and other V/a's matching up to see for whom is the victor of this Contest! But they all stopped once they heard the man say one of our names. Let the duels begin, lol sorry... im so enjoying myself... this contest is balla.

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN! OF VAC HISTORY!
GOOD VA's BAD VA's AND EXPLOSIONS! as FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE!
AND ONLY ONE CAN WIN I WONDER WHO IT WILL BE!


Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 17th, 2013 @ 02:36 AM Reply

At 11/17/13 01:56 AM, Chongo wrote:
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN! OF VAC HISTORY!
GOOD VA's BAD VA's AND EXPLOSIONS! as FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE!
AND ONLY ONE CAN WIN I WONDER WHO IT WILL BE!

DAYUM! Hashtag throwback is what THAT is!


Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
Iamavoiceactor
Iamavoiceactor
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 17th, 2013 @ 03:56 PM Reply

Dont want to jump on the Moonvamp bandwagon but if any one wants tow give me my submission For Bratter Or Wurst an honest critique I would be so happy. I have listened to almost all of the submissions and must state that we should be proud. I was happy I had a chance though I did not realize the full concept of this contest. I am happy and want to thank every one in the newgrounds community for taking their to participate in this even I hope every one had a much fun as I have.

moonvamp
moonvamp
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 17th, 2013 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 11/17/13 03:56 PM, Iamavoiceactor wrote: Dont want to jump on the Moonvamp bandwagon but if any one wants tow give me my submission For Bratter Or Wurst an honest critique I would be so happy.

Yeah, it's best that you don't. I wouldn't want to ruin your reputation due to my low self-esteem. I do wish you the best of luck in this.


BBS Signature
JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 18th, 2013 @ 01:04 AM Reply

I'm pretty excited so far with the quality of work. Great job everyone!

Also, while you're all waiting, i figured I'd share this... some of the best reactions to a horror game that I've ever witnessed.


Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 18th, 2013 @ 03:25 AM Reply

Also, will pay money for the reveal to be like the one last VAC.

Just saying


Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
Tonash
Tonash
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 18th, 2013 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Anticipation's drivin' me nuts.

So many good submissions!

Piper
Piper
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 18th, 2013 @ 09:22 PM Reply

I still haven't been able to listen to and review all of the entries yet but there are so many very talented folk here. I hadn't realized. Please forgive me for underestimating how many creative minds there are hiding in the dark forests surrounding Newgrounds. It's been a real treat.

grhmhmltn
grhmhmltn
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 08:31 AM Reply

This is my first time participating in the VAC, have any of you guys entered in previous years? If so, how was the experience? Do you think you've learned alot since then?

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 09:20 AM Reply

At 11/19/13 08:31 AM, grhmhmltn wrote: This is my first time participating in the VAC, have any of you guys entered in previous years? If so, how was the experience? Do you think you've learned alot since then?

I've only done two before, and I think my learning mainly came from just doing it. Sure you can do voice acting stuff on your own, but when you've got the challenge and the motivation from something like a contest, I think you get better experience and your thought process is more focused and clear. A secret benefit, if you so choose, is sneaking around at other entrants and learning from their work. You get a taste of both what to do and what not to do. I guess that works best once you know the rankings.


BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 11/19/13 08:31 AM, grhmhmltn wrote: This is my first time participating in the VAC, have any of you guys entered in previous years? If so, how was the experience? Do you think you've learned alot since then?

I have also entered in two others, and I feel everything has improved over those contests. Like ZippityDooDah said, a contest like this gives you an opportunity to do your best, because competition WILL make you do better. I can guarantee it. The reason I'm so good at voice acting is because I used to have contests with my best friend to see who could do Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged voices better. If you're just starting in voice acting (like I was back then), then the challenge comes from having your voice be the best it can be. Once your voice gets better, you also start to focus on making sure mixing is the best it can be (which is what I did this time)

So yeah, since then I've learned a lot. A lot about how to change my voice for situations and with what emotion and how to effectively mix, but I still have a lot to learn


Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
moonvamp
moonvamp
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 11/19/13 08:31 AM, grhmhmltn wrote: This is my first time participating in the VAC, have any of you guys entered in previous years? If so, how was the experience? Do you think you've learned alot since then?

This is my second time going into this contest, and I think I've learned nothing. In terms of vocal range, I did way better in my last one. In terms of everything else............................yeah no.


BBS Signature
Iamavoiceactor
Iamavoiceactor
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 04:18 PM Reply

This is my first contest on newgrounds. For the most part I had fun. I listened to almost all of the submissions and think we have some heavy contenders. I mean last years champ is defending his title shout out to the Moonvamp. I have to say i enjoyed most of the time sponges so thanks for the submissions I hope every one had fun.

JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 11/19/13 04:18 PM, Iamavoiceactor wrote: This is my first contest on newgrounds. For the most part I had fun. I listened to almost all of the submissions and think we have some heavy contenders. I mean last years champ is defending his title shout out to the Moonvamp. I have to say i enjoyed most of the time sponges so thanks for the submissions I hope every one had fun.

Last contest's champ was actually our own Zipzipper who is judging this time through. Moonvamp placed fourth but DID get the Best overall voice acting nod!


Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
Iamavoiceactor
Iamavoiceactor
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 11/19/13 04:23 PM, JaShinYa wrote:
At 11/19/13 04:18 PM, Iamavoiceactor wrote: This is my first contest on newgrounds. For the most part I had fun. I listened to almost all of the submissions and think we have some heavy contenders. I mean last years champ is defending his title shout out to the Moonvamp. I have to say i enjoyed most of the time sponges so thanks for the submissions I hope every one had fun.
Last contest's champ was actually our own Zipzipper who is judging this time through. Moonvamp placed fourth but DID get the Best overall voice acting nod!

O wow I guess the Rice Pirate thing I listened to was not the contest winners lol. Can you please pm me a link to the real unveiling.

JaShinYa
JaShinYa
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 05:27 PM Reply

At 11/19/13 05:11 PM, Iamavoiceactor wrote: O wow I guess the Rice Pirate thing I listened to was not the contest winners lol. Can you please pm me a link to the real unveiling.

I shot you the PM!


Like Let's Plays? Click Down Below... *Winky Face*

BBS Signature
Zakton
Zakton
  • Member since: May. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 06:47 PM Reply

This is my first contest, and I had quite a bit of fun making my entry. Even if I don't win anything, I'm just happy to share what I have. There's lots of really good entries!

moonvamp
moonvamp
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 11/19/13 04:23 PM, JaShinYa wrote:

Last contest's champ was actually our own Zipzipper who is judging this time through. Moonvamp placed fourth but DID get the Best overall voice acting nod!

And I don't think I'll get that kind of luck or even an award again since there are much more talented and versatile actors/actresses that really nail it. AderuMoro and PiperAnn really come to mind for this, as well as others, so my chances are basically pretty slim.


BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 11:03 PM Reply

At 11/19/13 10:37 PM, moonvamp wrote: And I don't think I'll get that kind of luck or even an award again since there are much more talented and versatile actors/actresses that really nail it. AderuMoro and PiperAnn really come to mind for this, as well as others, so my chances are basically pretty slim.

Yeah, we had some really awesome female representation this year! I mostly see male voice actors go for this, but the ladies that I heard are really great at what they do!


Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
Tonash
Tonash
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 11:39 PM Reply

My first VAC as well.

The entire ordeal is a learning process really. :)

grhmhmltn
grhmhmltn
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 20th, 2013 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Hey! Make sure you all post in the VA advertisement thread too! I'm still working on my site and my demos, but these contest entries are absolutely examples of what we're capable of.

Of course, I might be the only one that hadn't posted there already...

moonvamp
moonvamp
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 20th, 2013 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 11/20/13 05:04 PM, grhmhmltn wrote: Hey! Make sure you all post in the VA advertisement thread too! I'm still working on my site and my demos, but these contest entries are absolutely examples of what we're capable of.

Of course, I might be the only one that hadn't posted there already...

Naw, I'm deleting mine right after they announce the winners. That, and some of my other work.

But yeah, that does sound like good publicity in case anyone's looking for a voice actor/actress.


BBS Signature
Laphin
Laphin
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to Voice Acting Contest 11! Nov. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:48 PM Reply

How long is the judging process?