DDman465
DDman465
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
How to get this bass? 2013-09-13 15:06:18 Reply

http://youtu.be/VqzVsq4w1DI?t=2m36s

It fades in through an LP, but how can you get those grinding highs? Plus it evolves, so I'm expecting there's some automation to do. Also, when the bass is LP'd, it sort of "moves" as if it's distorted, but listening through the whole thing, it doesn't change even when the LP is off. It can't be intended distortion, meaning he didn't slap an distortion effect on it. I'm guessing it's more of a certain wave-table thing.

Any tips/suggestions?

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-14 04:24:01 Reply

jast copi n past it frum skrillecks, no what im sayin?

get it

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
DDman465
DDman465
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-15 01:25:33 Reply

At 9/14/13 04:24 AM, Chemich wrote: jast copi n past it frum skrillecks, no what im sayin?

get it

Why should I do that?

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-15 15:01:29 Reply

To me it sounds like it's another layer (additional synth channel) playing the same notes. Probably a saw wave with some degrading effects like distortion and some interesting filtering.

I can't quite pinpoint it, but I think a good starting point is to just add, as mentioned, an extra synth layer, which you can then add separate effects to as desired.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-16 13:47:24 Reply

At 9/15/13 03:01 PM, Mich wrote:

Its possible there is an HP on it too coming off from like 1500hz and going up after the LP. or just a very mild bit crusher in the signal processing chain after the filter. The crusher then would be made to only effect a band, I'm assuming the person has a tool with that as an option, so that once the filter(s) lift upwards, the crusher then begins to actually have something to target.

BBS Signature
Apilot
Apilot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-18 15:29:28 Reply

sounds like a square wave and a saw in bass tones layered on top of one another in a sextronical harmony. you could just sample the sound waves and make your own synth patch with the frequency if you can find an isolated harmony.