00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to get this bass?

1,209 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to get this bass? 2013-09-13 15:06:18

http://youtu.be/VqzVsq4w1DI?t=2m36s

It fades in through an LP, but how can you get those grinding highs? Plus it evolves, so I'm expecting there's some automation to do. Also, when the bass is LP'd, it sort of "moves" as if it's distorted, but listening through the whole thing, it doesn't change even when the LP is off. It can't be intended distortion, meaning he didn't slap an distortion effect on it. I'm guessing it's more of a certain wave-table thing.

Any tips/suggestions?

Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-15 01:25:33

At 9/14/13 04:24 AM, Chemich wrote: jast copi n past it frum skrillecks, no what im sayin?

get it

Why should I do that?

Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-15 15:01:29

To me it sounds like it's another layer (additional synth channel) playing the same notes. Probably a saw wave with some degrading effects like distortion and some interesting filtering.

I can't quite pinpoint it, but I think a good starting point is to just add, as mentioned, an extra synth layer, which you can then add separate effects to as desired.

Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-16 13:47:24

At 9/15/13 03:01 PM, Mich wrote:

Its possible there is an HP on it too coming off from like 1500hz and going up after the LP. or just a very mild bit crusher in the signal processing chain after the filter. The crusher then would be made to only effect a band, I'm assuming the person has a tool with that as an option, so that once the filter(s) lift upwards, the crusher then begins to actually have something to target.

BBS Signature

Response to How to get this bass? 2013-09-18 15:29:28

sounds like a square wave and a saw in bass tones layered on top of one another in a sextronical harmony. you could just sample the sound waves and make your own synth patch with the frequency if you can find an isolated harmony.