Be a Supporter!

mental health awarness contest

  • 3,467 Views
  • 55 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
justsomerandomdude
justsomerandomdude
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Oct. 8th, 2013 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 9/23/13 04:27 PM, Knocturne wrote:
At 9/20/13 07:32 AM, justsomerandomdude wrote: I'd like to submit this
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/justsomerandomdude/free-your-mind
Why did you remove the piece from your gallery?

I had too many bad comments so I just decided to delete it untill I revised it and fixed up the face
Then I might add it again
It's just this was what I thought my most realistic painting ever better than things I made in the past and it got horrible reactions while some of my lesser work got praised

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Oct. 14th, 2013 @ 12:36 AM Reply

I get that too sometimes. don't let the haters and trolls get you down. you are talented :)

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Oct. 20th, 2013 @ 12:56 AM Reply

I havent forgotten about this contest. work has been keeping me busy so please remember the deadline is nov 15th :)

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Oct. 20th, 2013 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 10/20/13 12:56 AM, Clueless-queen wrote: I havent forgotten about this contest. work has been keeping me busy so please remember the deadline is nov 15th :)

Thumbs up , im busy but ill contribute <3

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Oct. 20th, 2013 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 10/20/13 03:25 PM, Kkylimos wrote:
At 10/20/13 12:56 AM, Clueless-queen wrote: I havent forgotten about this contest. work has been keeping me busy so please remember the deadline is nov 15th :)
Thumbs up , im busy but ill contribute <3

thank you for your support! :)

Zolen
Zolen
  • Member since: May. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 10/20/13 05:40 PM, Clueless-queen wrote:
At 10/20/13 03:25 PM, Kkylimos wrote:
At 10/20/13 12:56 AM, Clueless-queen wrote: I havent forgotten about this contest. work has been keeping me busy so please remember the deadline is nov 15th :)
Thumbs up , im busy but ill contribute <3
thank you for your support! :)

Hm, something for a very good cause, lets see if I can make an attempt.

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Oct. 31st, 2013 @ 01:42 AM Reply


Hm, something for a very good cause, lets see if I can make an attempt.

Thanks :D look forward to your entry!

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 7th, 2013 @ 12:13 AM Reply

just a heads up folks. you have until nov 15th to submit an entry to me if you still want to enter :)

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 13th, 2013 @ 11:52 PM Reply

2 more days left for the contest. deadline is nov 15th by midnight eastern time. please be sure to message me with links to your submissions so I can post them on my page for all to see :)

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 17th, 2013 @ 05:54 PM Reply

should I extend the contest guys? I havent had many submissions....

ThornesAttic
ThornesAttic
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 19th, 2013 @ 02:11 AM Reply

I've always had a place in my heart for those suffering from depression and other disorders because of experiences that I had when I was younger. I wish I had seen this earlier, but in lieu of a proper submission:

Wind-Up Toy: it's a Flash video I did back in 2007 that captured how I felt at the time.

And this charcoal piece: Never Reaching the End

mental health awarness contest

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 20th, 2013 @ 12:48 AM Reply

At 11/19/13 02:11 AM, ThornesAttic wrote: I've always had a place in my heart for those suffering from depression and other disorders because of experiences that I had when I was younger. I wish I had seen this earlier, but in lieu of a proper submission:

Wind-Up Toy: it's a Flash video I did back in 2007 that captured how I felt at the time.

And this charcoal piece: Never Reaching the End

dont worry :) I have decided to extend the deadline for one more month. Thank you for your submission. I too suffer from anxiety and depression hence why I made this contest :)

Tapersteve
Tapersteve
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 20th, 2013 @ 12:17 PM Reply

This picture actually comes from the photo's they used to take of Victorian mental patients when they were committed as they believed the problem in there mind could be seen in the face.

I find the subject of mental health is a dodgy one to do art on as much of it is hard to portray from an outside view without doing stereotypes.

Maybe you should look more into getting people talking about it, and understanding what it is rather than perpetuating the already existing views....

mental health awarness contest


Visit My Deviant Art Gallery for more of my work
http://seeartineverything.deviantar t.com/
or my Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeechIllustrations

BBS Signature
Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:03 AM Reply

I do admin a group on face book for people who with mental health issues. but I thought an art contest might be an interesting project to do to see what people come up with. alot of people on here who have submitted stuff are people who know mental health first hand. thanks for the submission. its neat :)

At 11/20/13 12:17 PM, Tapersteve wrote: This picture actually comes from the photo's they used to take of Victorian mental patients when they were committed as they believed the problem in there mind could be seen in the face.

I find the subject of mental health is a dodgy one to do art on as much of it is hard to portray from an outside view without doing stereotypes.

Maybe you should look more into getting people talking about it, and understanding what it is rather than perpetuating the already existing views....
Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 25th, 2013 @ 12:59 AM Reply

contest deadline has been extended to january 5th :)

Ciya
Ciya
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 28th, 2013 @ 02:59 AM Reply

Sure, definitely. I'll participate in this contest.

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 30th, 2013 @ 02:20 AM Reply

At 11/28/13 02:59 AM, Ciya wrote: Sure, definitely. I'll participate in this contest.

Thank you! can't wait to see your submission :)

Bittersweetmango
Bittersweetmango
  • Member since: Sep. 28, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mental health awarness contest Nov. 30th, 2013 @ 10:26 PM Reply

I would love to join.. Its extended to 5th of jan right?

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Dec. 1st, 2013 @ 02:36 AM Reply

At 11/30/13 10:26 PM, Bittersweetmango wrote: I would love to join.. Its extended to 5th of jan right?

indeed it is :) thanks for your interest!

JGCommTech
JGCommTech
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mental health awarness contest Dec. 7th, 2013 @ 11:18 AM Reply

Great theme for a contest. Looking forward to browsing through the entries.

mental health awarness contest

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Dec. 9th, 2013 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 12/7/13 11:18 AM, JGCommTech wrote: Great theme for a contest. Looking forward to browsing through the entries.

thank you so much for your entry :)

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Jan. 3rd, 2014 @ 08:42 PM Reply

just a reminder :) the deadline is in two days :) I will post the entries on my news feed

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mental health awarness contest Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 03:50 AM Reply

It is by some bizarre chance that I happen to be working on something of this subject matter, that I've been putting finishing touches on. Though, have been debating about whether its decent to show or not.

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 1/4/14 03:50 AM, risebeyond wrote: It is by some bizarre chance that I happen to be working on something of this subject matter, that I've been putting finishing touches on. Though, have been debating about whether its decent to show or not.

couldnt hurt to enter it :) the more the merrier

risebeyond
risebeyond
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mental health awarness contest Jan. 4th, 2014 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 1/4/14 09:13 PM, Clueless-queen wrote:
At 1/4/14 03:50 AM, risebeyond wrote: It is by some bizarre chance that I happen to be working on something of this subject matter, that I've been putting finishing touches on. Though, have been debating about whether its decent to show or not.
couldnt hurt to enter it :) the more the merrier

Ah, I just found it interesting. It ended up featuring a character not my own, and it won't be ready for public viewing yet. XP

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Jan. 7th, 2014 @ 01:50 AM Reply

the entries are up on my news feed :) thank you to all who submitted work and who supported this contest