Be a Supporter!

mental health awarness contest

  • 3,308 Views
  • 55 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
mental health awarness contest Jul. 27th, 2013 @ 07:26 PM Reply

The rules are that its has to be art related to mental health. it could be about any mental health disorder. I just ask that it doesnt glorify things such as cutting or suicide. You can use any medium you like be it photography or digital art. Im looking for something that brings awareness to mental illness and also breaks the stigma that surrounds the topic.
Why this idea? I suffer from panic disorder and have manic personality traits. In the beginning I was ashamed of myself but then I eventually realized it was something to not be ashamed of. many people go through this and sadly suffer alone. the deadline...will be november 15th in memory of my dear cousin derek. winner will have a choice of prize: an art print or a donation to a mental health charity of his/her choice in there name. I hope you will enter this contest :)

mental health awarness contest

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 07:37 AM Reply

Thats a very sweet and interesting contest. You must promote this , especially since it is for charity! I will definetly participate when i find the time needed! Do you hold this contest only on NewGrounds?

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 7/28/13 07:37 AM, Kkylimos wrote: Thats a very sweet and interesting contest. You must promote this , especially since it is for charity! I will definetly participate when i find the time needed! Do you hold this contest only on NewGrounds?

I also have a anxiety disorder forum on facebook as well as an art page there so I will be sure to promote it there too :)

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Jul. 31st, 2013 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 7/28/13 07:37 AM, Kkylimos wrote: Thats a very sweet and interesting contest. You must promote this , especially since it is for charity! I will definetly participate when i find the time needed! Do you hold this contest only on NewGrounds?

by the way your gallery is awesome!

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Member since: May. 31, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Jul. 31st, 2013 @ 10:22 AM Reply

At 7/31/13 10:17 AM, Clueless-queen wrote:
by the way your gallery is awesome!

Thank you , im glad you think so!

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Jul. 31st, 2013 @ 10:50 AM Reply

At 7/31/13 10:22 AM, Kkylimos wrote:
At 7/31/13 10:17 AM, Clueless-queen wrote:
by the way your gallery is awesome!
Thank you , im glad you think so!

no problem! ^^ we fellow artists need to stick together :D

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Programmer
Response to mental health awarness contest Jul. 31st, 2013 @ 03:06 PM Reply

I would like to enter this contest but i don't want a prize. I'll use a piece i've already made.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pmmurphy/horror?context=ratings:etm.user:4161055.scoute d:.offset:7This piece is for those people who are afraid to leave their house.

I'm entering for the sake of the competition but i don't want to be in the rankings of gifts or anything. Great contest!

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Aug. 1st, 2013 @ 12:20 AM Reply

At 7/31/13 03:06 PM, PMMurphy wrote: I would like to enter this contest but i don't want a prize. I'll use a piece i've already made.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pmmurphy/horror?context=r atings:etm.user:4161055.scoute d:.offset:7This piece is for those people who are afraid to leave their house.

I'm entering for the sake of the competition but i don't want to be in the rankings of gifts or anything. Great contest!

Thank you so much for your entry! It will be posted with the other in november :) if you do not wish to win anything thats ok :) Please share this contest with anyone you think would be interested. It is a important topic and I think this is a great way to get the word about it. Thank you once again :)

Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to mental health awarness contest Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 12:46 AM Reply

What a noble cause for a contest.. Yeah, I'll try & draw something up by the deadline.


Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Aug. 16th, 2013 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At 8/16/13 12:46 AM, Metraff wrote: What a noble cause for a contest.. Yeah, I'll try & draw something up by the deadline.

I thank you kindly :)

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 6th, 2013 @ 07:31 PM Reply

anyone who is interested please let me know. Im trying to keep track of people interested

Nekoyoujo
Nekoyoujo
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 6th, 2013 @ 09:08 PM Reply

This looks like a very worth while idea! I'm one of many that suffers from depression, which bleeds into a lot of other parts of my personality, and I have suicidal "fits".


Artists do not need to be in The Riff Raff!

Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Member since: Dec. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 6th, 2013 @ 11:37 PM Reply

At 7/27/13 07:26 PM, Clueless-queen wrote: The rules are that its has to be art related to mental health. it could be about any mental health disorder. I just ask that it doesnt glorify things such as cutting or suicide. You can use any medium you like be it photography or digital art. Im looking for something that brings awareness to mental illness and also breaks the stigma that surrounds the topic.
Why this idea? I suffer from panic disorder and have manic personality traits. In the beginning I was ashamed of myself but then I eventually realized it was something to not be ashamed of. many people go through this and sadly suffer alone. the deadline...will be november 15th in memory of my dear cousin derek. winner will have a choice of prize: an art print or a donation to a mental health charity of his/her choice in there name. I hope you will enter this contest :)

As a disabled vet I have had a personal connection to the subject of mental health. I would like to join in on this project. My choice of charity will be for a vet mental health program.


BBS Signature
AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 6th, 2013 @ 11:56 PM Reply

At 9/6/13 07:31 PM, Clueless-queen wrote: anyone who is interested please let me know. Im trying to keep track of people interested

I'm down. Gonna make something happen soon-ish.

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 10th, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

yay! thank you all so much for your interest! it means a lot to me :)

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 10th, 2013 @ 09:04 PM Reply

As a disabled vet I have had a personal connection to the subject of mental health. I would like to join in on this project. My choice of charity will be for a vet mental health program.

thank you for your interest and for your service :) the vet mental health program is an awesome choice

leakyduck
leakyduck
  • Member since: Feb. 29, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 12th, 2013 @ 12:50 AM Reply

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring if possible. the deadline is november right?

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 12th, 2013 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 9/12/13 12:50 AM, leakyduck wrote: I'd like to throw my hat into the ring if possible. the deadline is november right?

yep so theres plenty of time ^^ thank you for your interest!

justsomerandomdude
justsomerandomdude
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 12th, 2013 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 9/12/13 12:50 AM, leakyduck wrote: I'd like to throw my hat into the ring if possible. the deadline is november right?

I'm not sure if this falls in lines with acceptable art for the contest, so ill show the linework of what I'm making at the moment

It's called "Free your mind"
I'd appreciate to know if this is acceptable or not because it might be gory with the exposed brain...

mental health awarness contest

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 13th, 2013 @ 01:01 AM Reply

At 9/12/13 08:54 PM, justsomerandomdude wrote:
At 9/12/13 12:50 AM, leakyduck wrote: I'd like to throw my hat into the ring if possible. the deadline is november right?
I'm not sure if this falls in lines with acceptable art for the contest, so ill show the linework of what I'm making at the moment

It's called "Free your mind"
I'd appreciate to know if this is acceptable or not because it might be gory with the exposed brain...

This is a pretty neat drawing you can submit it when it is in color or now if you wish. The only rules are that it cannot glorify suicide or cutting

justsomerandomdude
justsomerandomdude
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 13th, 2013 @ 01:58 AM Reply

At 9/13/13 01:01 AM, Clueless-queen wrote:
This is a pretty neat drawing you can submit it when it is in color or now if you wish. The only rules are that it cannot glorify suicide or cutting

Alright, well it's still gonna be colored, I'll submit it when it's finished

Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 13th, 2013 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 9/13/13 01:58 AM, justsomerandomdude wrote:
At 9/13/13 01:01 AM, Clueless-queen wrote:
This is a pretty neat drawing you can submit it when it is in color or now if you wish. The only rules are that it cannot glorify suicide or cutting
Alright, well it's still gonna be colored, I'll submit it when it's finished

cant wait :D good luck!

justsomerandomdude
justsomerandomdude
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 15th, 2013 @ 02:51 PM Reply

Where can we submit ?
I sent you a private message but you didn't reply

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 15th, 2013 @ 04:26 PM Reply

Here's this, inspired from this

mental health awarness contest


BBS Signature
Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 16th, 2013 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 9/15/13 02:51 PM, justsomerandomdude wrote: Where can we submit ?
I sent you a private message but you didn't reply

I replied :) sorry. I have recently moved so Ive been a bit busy

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 16th, 2013 @ 11:53 PM Reply

I'll start my entry today. This subjectmatter is right up my alley and personally significant to me.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 17th, 2013 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 9/16/13 11:53 PM, Knocturne wrote: I'll start my entry today. This subjectmatter is right up my alley and personally significant to me.

thank you for your interest! :)

justsomerandomdude
justsomerandomdude
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 21st, 2013 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 9/20/13 07:32 AM, justsomerandomdude wrote: I'd like to submit this
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/justsomerandomdude/free-your-mind

this...is awesome!

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to mental health awarness contest Sep. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 9/20/13 07:32 AM, justsomerandomdude wrote: I'd like to submit this
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/justsomerandomdude/free-your-mind

Why did you remove the piece from your gallery?


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature