00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Eroge (visual novel) Club

23,322 Views | 138 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-06-30 19:18:15

At 6/30/13 01:18 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote:
Ace Attorney...never thought it as a VN though.
And no, any VNs count.
Now that I think about it, what other visual novel's are there that don't have an anime influence to it?

Ace Attorney does have a pretty strong anime feel though. Professor Layton is a bit of a stretch but if you count it as a VN it doesn't feel japanese at all.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-07-05 11:50:53

About fucking time we have an eroge club because I love them. Is FHA fully translated yet?

Sengoku Rance is my favorite one because of the addictive gameplay and amazing h-scenes, but Daibanchou gets some bonus points for actually being difficult. Komoko, from Hoshimemo, is my favorite girl ever because of dat everything.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-07-15 20:09:01

At 7/5/13 11:50 AM, towelie101 wrote: About fucking time we have an eroge club because I love them. Is FHA fully translated yet?

Sengoku Rance is my favorite one because of the addictive gameplay and amazing h-scenes, but Daibanchou gets some bonus points for actually being difficult. Komoko, from Hoshimemo, is my favorite girl ever because of dat everything.

komomo you mean?

"I let my dog lick my bumhole while wanking. You can quote me on that." EvilDog.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-07-15 20:43:43

At 7/15/13 08:09 PM, Thechickensparta wrote:
At 7/5/13 11:50 AM, towelie101 wrote: About fucking time we have an eroge club because I love them. Is FHA fully translated yet?

komomo you mean?

Yep. I got her nickname (Mokomoko?) and her own name mixed up.

Thanks, Mare, for giving Komomo that stupid nickname. I'll forgive her because she's the most adorable loli I've ever seen.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-07-15 22:36:23

At 7/15/13 08:43 PM, towelie101 wrote:
Thanks, Mare, for giving Komomo that stupid nickname. I'll forgive her because she's the most adorable loli I've ever seen.

i have both koshis downloaded and waiting to be played

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-07-24 21:28:42

My cousin made me download and play Katawa Shoujo recently, and so far I'm enjoying it. It can be a little slow at times, to the point where I wish there was an English dub I could listen to instead of having to sit at a computer for hours reading, but I think it's interesting. Relationship problems seem a little bit generic to me, but Rin is a brilliantly unique character.

Still, the small talk in most visual novels is getting to me.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-07-24 21:35:06

At 7/24/13 09:28 PM, Kwing wrote: My cousin made me download and play Katawa Shoujo recently, and so far I'm enjoying it. It can be a little slow at times, to the point where I wish there was an English dub I could listen to instead of having to sit at a computer for hours reading, but I think it's interesting. Relationship problems seem a little bit generic to me, but Rin is a brilliantly unique character.

Still, the small talk in most visual novels is getting to me.

ye, the game not having voice acting makes it feel more like a "choose your own adventure book" or manga, but the stories are worth it

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-01 11:57:07

Voice acting would possibly have ruined KS for me.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-01 14:13:39

At 8/1/13 11:57 AM, Jackho wrote: Voice acting would possibly have ruined KS for me.

if you don't like the voice acting in a game, you can just mute it. but i's certainly nice to have the option

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-03 14:10:37

At 8/2/13 11:37 PM, Carbon64 wrote: I made a stupid little visual novel. If you're in the mood for soap opera teen romance check it out. http://games.renpy.org/game/5_questions.shtml

im not familiar with the tools you used, but unless the drawings are preset, judging for this screenshot your drawings are neat

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-04 02:49:13

Since I 100%-ed Katawa Shoujo, I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. You can read my review for the game here (I'd include it in my post, but it's actually too long just by a tiny bit.)

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-04 14:35:09

At 8/4/13 02:49 AM, Kwing wrote: Since I 100%-ed Katawa Shoujo, I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. You can read my review for the game here (I'd include it in my post, but it's actually too long just by a tiny bit.)

i would add some things to that review:

graphics: if you play it full-screened, you'll notice that characters outlines and inner coloring have flaws. and emy made a weird staggering mouth sometimes

story: it didn't make much sense how his life changed from route to route. in lilly's route he gets like a million heart attacks, when in other routs almost none. i also disliked you couldn't choose to keep in shape without romancing emy

play time: i like to enjoy the images, details and savor the moment, so a full playthrough took me around 13 hours.

"Rin's story hit me hard because I strongly identified with her"

everyone i've spoken about the game felt identified with rin, and probably everyone in the planet would feel that way.

hanako sucks

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-05 23:09:42

At 8/4/13 02:35 PM, kakalxlax wrote: everyone i've spoken about the game felt identified with rin, and probably everyone in the planet would feel that way.

Yeah, Rin is a perfect example of the Forer effect.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-06 09:16:05

At 8/4/13 02:35 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
hanako sucks

Why do you have to be like this :C

Every shoujo is wonderful.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-06 12:39:48

At 8/6/13 09:16 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 8/4/13 02:35 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
hanako sucks
Why do you have to be like this :C

Every shoujo is wonderful.

except hanako, i would have preferred a threesome with kenji and yuuko before hanako's route

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-06 12:42:55

kenji pictures never get old

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-06 12:55:19

At 8/6/13 12:39 PM, kakalxlax wrote: except hanako

no :c

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-13 22:29:57

There's a girl at my school who looks exactly like Rin... I want to get a picture of her but a) I've never talked to her and b) she never talks to anyone and spends her breaks glued to the computer lab.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-08-14 00:32:28

At 8/13/13 10:29 PM, Kwing wrote: There's a girl at my school who looks exactly like Rin... I want to get a picture of her but a) I've never talked to her and b) she never talks to anyone and spends her breaks glued to the computer lab.

please do, take one while she isn't looking

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-03 06:29:59

I never really understood the reason for the "clubs" forum because anyone that bases their club's main form of communication on an open thread really doesn't have good foresight. Try setting up a Skype/Google Hangout chat or something. Maybe your club will actually succeed.

Stuff normally tastes well...

BBS Signature

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-03 15:09:29

At 9/3/13 06:29 AM, LULZ64 wrote: I never really understood the reason for the "clubs" forum because anyone that bases their club's main form of communication on an open thread really doesn't have good foresight. Try setting up a Skype/Google Hangout chat or something. Maybe your club will actually succeed.

if you want to do it i wont stop you

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-04 17:39:08

This thread is too lewd

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-13 00:32:01

At 8/14/13 12:32 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 8/13/13 10:29 PM, Kwing wrote: There's a girl at my school who looks exactly like Rin... I want to get a picture of her but a) I've never talked to her and b) she never talks to anyone and spends her breaks glued to the computer lab.
please do, take one while she isn't looking

In my opinion the resemblance really isn't apparent in this photo. Not sure how old this is, but her hair is a lot closer to Rin's now, and her expression is usually a bit more mild as well. Adding onto that, she's pretty slight of build just as Hisao describes Rin.

I'm sorry Rin, don't blame me, blame Ctrl+H....

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-13 12:08:33

Grisaia no Kajitsu is amazing, but I've still got Makina's route to do before I'm done. It has the best cast and drama I've seen in a VN, although Sachi's bad end was forced as hell. It wrecked my enjoyment of the route, but she wasn't an interesting character to start off anyway.

Route rankings so far:
Mitcher > Yumiko > Amane > Sachi

Girls:
Yumiko > Mitcher > Amane > Makina > Sachi

I've started off NG+ of Yumina, too, but the shortage of h-scenes is awful. Even if I get all of the debate heroines' scenes, I'll be disappointed with the quality and tameness of them. I like how it basically becomes Super Robot Wars once the space ark begins, with the fan-fiction tier plot and mechs. At least it offers more challenging/rewarding gameplay than SRW (barring A Portable. That shit's pretty hard), as well as being more balanced. If you're paying attention to the audience bars/changes of attacks, or you're grinding hard, then this game can get pretty easy. The final bosses were disappointingly easy, but I'm playing on hard mode now so I'm hoping for more challenge.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-14 14:00:24

At 9/13/13 12:08 PM, towelie101 wrote: Grisaia no Kajitsu is amazing, but I've still got Makina's route to do before I'm done. It has the best cast and drama I've seen in a VN, although Sachi's bad end was forced as hell. It wrecked my enjoyment of the route, but she wasn't an interesting character to start off anyway.

i have the game in my list, but didn't know it was fully translated (is it?)

At 9/13/13 12:32 AM, Kwing wrote:
I'm sorry Rin, don't blame me, blame Ctrl+H....

im not sure that rin has that nose

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-14 14:52:33

At 9/14/13 02:00 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 9/13/13 12:08 PM, towelie101 wrote: Grisaia no Kajitsu is amazing, but I've still got Makina's route to do before I'm done. It has the best cast and drama I've seen in a VN, although Sachi's bad end was forced as hell. It wrecked my enjoyment of the route, but she wasn't an interesting character to start off anyway.
i have the game in my list, but didn't know it was fully translated (is it?)

Yep, it's fully translated so go play it now.

I hope your body's ready for maximum moe.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-26 03:42:12

Narcissu is an interesting (very short) VN.

I think the last VN I read was Saya no Uta, over a year ago. I was really impressed with Saya no Uta. It was pretty disturbing and the insanity of it was epic. (horror fan, not gore fan) Very well told.

Any recommendations along that line?

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-26 10:37:49

At 6/2/13 02:58 PM, Entice wrote:
At 6/2/13 08:52 AM, Jackho wrote: He never said anything about racism. VNs are a different form of media than anime.
I'm sure no one in the animu club will mind if you post about manga there

Something tells me by your vicious comments that you just really, really abhor anime. That's fine, but please do not go around insulting its fans, because I may not be right on this, but you're coming across like you just really hate the genre. Please do not take your hatred of anime out on the fans, if you would be so kind. I honestly HATE Call of Doodie fantards, but you don't see me insulting them, do you? I just hate the games; not its fans.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-09-26 23:22:34

At 9/26/13 03:42 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Narcissu is an interesting (very short) VN.

I think the last VN I read was Saya no Uta, over a year ago. I was really impressed with Saya no Uta. It was pretty disturbing and the insanity of it was epic. (horror fan, not gore fan) Very well told.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Say no to rape.

Response to Eroge (visual novel) Club 2013-10-11 14:35:40

At 9/26/13 03:42 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
(horror fan, not gore fan)

Well...I do know one horror VN (I don't think it counts, since it's more of a puzzle-y game), but it's got some gore (some is understatement) (mostly gory sprites and a little bit of some CG ones). Try checking "Corpse Party". If I remembered correctly, there's a free fan remake called "Corpse Party 96" or something.

In other related news, I saw "Dysfunctional Systems" (by Dischan) on Steam (blog post from Dischan's site), and I'm pretty interested in it. Anyone here has a copy of it? Is it any good?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao