00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Levels page shows old levels

1,059 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Levels page shows old levels 2013-05-15 18:08:27

I recently reached level 36 and I noticed that the icons had changed over the last few years without me noticing since I had semi irregular for a long whiles so I visited the Levels page to check out the icons and noticed that they were different from the actual icons you earn. Anyone have any idea why or how i can see the current level up icons.

"Blacken the Sun"

BBS Signature

Response to Levels page shows old levels 2013-05-15 18:27:05

Here ya go.

Levels page shows old levels

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Levels page shows old levels 2013-05-21 10:58:01

At 5/15/13 06:08 PM, aba1 wrote: I recently reached level 36 and I noticed that the icons had changed over the last few years without me noticing since I had semi irregular for a long whiles so I visited the Levels page to check out the icons and noticed that they were different from the actual icons you earn. Anyone have any idea why or how i can see the current level up icons.

You should check out this useful gadget,all the level icons + auras:

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to Levels page shows old levels 2013-12-10 04:41:23

At 5/15/13 06:27 PM, Viper50 wrote: Here ya go.

I think NG should have avoided putting items that were associated with lower levels as higher levels icons with the redesign. I just now realized that I'm going to be stuck with nunchakus again when I level up...

Response to Levels page shows old levels 2013-12-10 09:51:19

At 12/10/13 04:41 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I think NG should have avoided putting items that were associated with lower levels as higher levels icons with the redesign. I just now realized that I'm going to be stuck with nunchakus again when I level up...

Yeah I gotta agree with you there.
Though I AM happy they kept the scythe. I've wanted that since the previous redesign and thought it'd be gone with this one and was glad to see that it's still there.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Levels page shows old levels 2013-12-17 08:37:23

At 12/10/13 09:51 AM, Viper50 wrote: Yeah I gotta agree with you there.
Though I AM happy they kept the scythe. I've wanted that since the previous redesign and thought it'd be gone with this one and was glad to see that it's still there.

I wish they'd stuck to weapons and household items that could be used as such rather than add in monsters and other random critters. With weapons the level icons felt useful , like you could wield them, strengthen your persona. Feels more like a decoration now.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Levels page shows old levels 2013-12-17 12:15:57

At 12/17/13 08:37 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I wish they'd stuck to weapons and household items that could be used as such rather than add in monsters and other random critters. With weapons the level icons felt useful , like you could wield them, strengthen your persona. Feels more like a decoration now.

I do agree with you there. Though I like the Laser Shark level icon.
Dunno how one would "wield" a dude with the level 58 icon as a weapon.
And while I can't see someone wielding the Necronomicon, I CAN see how someone would use the Sphere (level 45).

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Levels page shows old levels 2013-12-18 14:28:23

At 12/17/13 12:15 PM, Viper50 wrote: I do agree with you there. Though I like the Laser Shark level icon.
Dunno how one would "wield" a dude with the level 58 icon as a weapon.
And while I can't see someone wielding the Necronomicon, I CAN see how someone would use the Sphere (level 45).

That final level icon feels like the one exception though, I'm fine with that one being different, and compared to the book with teeth, or the mystery box, or that critter in a chest... it looks powerful. A bit like the Cyberdevil too. :P

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature