00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d.

4,614 Views | 55 Replies

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-25 08:52:39

At 9/25/13 12:35 AM, Imouto wrote:
At 9/25/13 12:27 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 9/24/13 10:42 PM, Imouto wrote: I liked the duo scientists (dont remember their names)
Fitz and Simmons.
Ah. Thanks.

How did you enjoy it?

I liked it. It was funny, entertaining, and I really liked the whole monologue of the Hooded Hero at the end to Coulson. I've never been a huge superhero fan (always more into horror comics, Superman, and The Punisher), so I'm unaware of S.H.I.E.L.D. outside all the Marvel movies, but I'm definitely gonna keep watching. I do think bringing Coulson back after his death in The Avengers was kinda cheap at first, but I'm intrigued with the mystery of his return brought up in the brief snippet in this first episode.

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-25 18:43:07

I did not much care for it. I can accept that a pilot episode is going to be clunky and exposition heavy. We've all seen great shows start that way. But it bothered me here with something that has such an established back story, like they're trying to lure in the 4 or 5 people who might watch a show called marvel's agents of shield who hadn't seen the Avengers.
I hope the show gets good, if people do I'll watch more, but for the moment I'm going to be one of those people who only watched to see how they brought Phil back. I called it, robot.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-25 20:00:38

I thought it was a pretty shaky start, but there was stuff to like there. There was enough of Whedon coming through in the dialogue to carry me through the very mundane story. Had a real Warehouse 13 feeling going on, which isn't really a good thing.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-25 20:08:48

At 9/25/13 08:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: There was enough of Whedon coming through in the dialogue to carry me through the very mundane story.

I didn't like that scene where Coulsen injected the alpha male agent with the truth serum and left him to answer all the lady hacker's questions. I'm all for girl power but that was forced.
Literally, the vulnerability she exploited was forced by his male boss. Is it even still girl power at that point? Or is it neutral because he's a robot?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-25 21:51:28

I didn't even finish it...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-25 23:21:39

I loved the first episode. Tons of call-backs and references to the cinematic universe that made my Marvel geek side happy, but interesting enough to be its own Fringe/X-Files kind of procedural. I'll be watching religiously.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-26 02:01:49

I want to like this, so very much. I'd love it if it ended up being as good as something like Gotham Central. I was a bit thrown off by the age of some of the characters though. TO me, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. is someone like Coulson, middle aged and unremarkable in appearance, not a spunky twenty something youngster, like half of the cast seem to be. someone told me a while back that the younger members might not be full agents, just talent that got pulled as needed (As S.H.I.E.L.D. tends to do) so I dunno, I'll hold off judgement until I've watched a few episodes.

Oh and just cause I'm not sure if it's been said in the thread: Life Model Decoy. Mentioned for the first time in the movie-verse in the Avengers, so it's fairly clear that's how Coulson "died".

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-26 16:45:53

At 9/25/13 08:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: I thought it was a pretty shaky start, but there was stuff to like there.

Agreed.
If any other show had had such a weak start I would have dropped it, but Im going to give this one another chance.

I liked the older agent (forgot her name, she was asian) and Maria Hill even though they didnt show her that much.

I want them to explain Coulson a little more. Im sure they will since this was just the pilot.
The last like 10-15 minutes was the best part for me.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-27 02:51:40

First ep was okay enough to keep my interest

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-09-27 03:55:09

At 9/26/13 11:56 PM, IdiLogicSavant wrote: was loki in on it too?

No. But Fury pulls shit like this CONSTANTLY in the comics. Setting up Life Model Decoys, for the Life Model Decoys of people, who it turns out were really Skrulls the whole time, just so he can kill them off three times in a row as part of an overly complicated plan to... I dunno, stop Doom from taking control of Namor's mind and fucking Sue Storm or some shit. The point being that Fury always has about five back-up plans and is ALWAYS working the angles.

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-01 21:07:07

I liked the second episode much better than the first.

I was really surprised to see Nick Fury appear. I wondered if he would ever appear in the show at all, and he shows up out of nowhere in the second episode? Awesome.

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-01 22:51:52

I came in about halfway through and, granted this might be my fault but I'm still not feeling it. The characters are stock, the action isn't great and the Sam Jackson cameo felt pretty much like Sam Jackson being pissed off to be on tv.
Also, not the shows fault but when the teaser said next week was their biggest case ever that annoyed me. It's the third episode skippy, there's not a lot to top.

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-01 23:04:21

At 10/1/13 10:51 PM, stafffighter wrote: the Sam Jackson cameo felt pretty much like Sam Jackson being pissed off to be on tv.

I don't see why he would be pissed off.

Sam Jackson is actually a huge fan of comic books himself, and would probably appear on this show for very little money.

That's the one thing that made me think he might eventually appear on the show.

I think he said he also wanted to be on the Clone Wars show.

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-01 23:09:55

At 10/1/13 11:04 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
Sam Jackson is actually a huge fan of comic books himself,

I know that. ANd I know that in the Ultimate Marvel universe they "cast" him as Nick Fury years before the movies started coming. But this just seem like a standard Sam Jackson angry speech, unlike the artful angry Sam Jackson speeches. Could be the directors fault, I don't know

I think he said he also wanted to be on the Clone Wars show.

Trivia time. Mace Windu's purple lightsaber was a personal request by Sam Jackson. That's just awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-01 23:11:41

At 10/1/13 11:09 PM, stafffighter wrote: Trivia time. Mace Windu's purple lightsaber was a personal request by Sam Jackson. That's just awesome.

Isn't Windu canonically the only person with a purple lightsaber, for exactly that reason?

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-01 23:17:25

At 10/1/13 11:11 PM, Trambamboline wrote:
At 10/1/13 11:09 PM, stafffighter wrote: Trivia time. Mace Windu's purple lightsaber was a personal request by Sam Jackson. That's just awesome.
Isn't Windu canonically the only person with a purple lightsaber, for exactly that reason?

Well according to wikipedia the unique coloring reflects a fighting style to skirts close without succumbing to the dark side through the enjoyment of battle and thrill of victory.
Making it the opposite of this episode with it's shoddy fight choreography. Had to tie it back to the show. They yell at mods who don't do that.

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-01 23:34:54

At 10/1/13 11:17 PM, stafffighter wrote: Well according to wikipedia the unique coloring reflects a fighting style to skirts close without succumbing to the dark side through the enjoyment of battle and thrill of victory.

I knew about his weird quasi-dark side fighting thingy. I forget, but I think he either invented it, or is the only practitioner of it in the canon. I dunno, I've not kept up with the EU for a while.

Making it the opposite of this episode with it's shoddy fight choreography. Had to tie it back to the show. They yell at mods who don't do that.

I've not seen it yet. The episode airs on the 4th over here, so it'll be a couple of days before I get to see just how shitty the choreography is for myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-01 23:59:16

At 10/1/13 11:34 PM, Trambamboline wrote:

I knew about his weird quasi-dark side fighting thingy. I forget, but I think he either invented it, or is the only practitioner of it in the canon. I dunno, I've not kept up with the EU for a while.

From what I read he invented it and he's the only who's used it and not succumb to the dark side. And yet a fall out of a window kills him.

I've not seen it yet. The episode airs on the 4th over here, so it'll be a couple of days before I get to see just how shitty the choreography is for myself.

Something I'm hoping doesn't become a theme with this series is the team getting disarmed so they have to kung fu it up. On this weeks episode they're captured and escape without their guns. Next week they're be an explosion that knocks everyone over and they have to run out without picking their guns back up. The week after that Magneto shows up and hoists their guns away even though the x-men characters belong to a different company.
They're spies, spies use guns. If you didn't want the bad guy pilot to jump back up and choke you while you're trying to land try shooting him after you knock him down the first time.

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-02 06:10:11

this show is fucking terrible.

thats all

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2013-10-02 16:22:53

At 10/2/13 07:37 AM, Shade wrote: My expectations weren't very high for the first episode (Joss Whedon is an awful writer/director) and yet, somehow I was let down. Nothing but technobabble and exposition. Yes, there was some action but even that was boring. The scientist duo had no personality other than their accents and everyone else was forgettable.

I will admit that Coulson's car was pretty cool.

I wouldn't call him a bad director... he made one of the most successful movies in history. FiIm is subjective though.

I kinda agree that is seemed shallow.
I still think Coulson is pretty good, and I like that one older agent forgot her name (asian one)
Im going to keep watching in hopes it picks up

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2014-05-09 10:33:55

This show got really good after the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I'm glad it got renewed for a second season.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2014-05-09 23:23:40

Ive been trying to keep up with it but this show is written so poorly it hurts, I'll stick with the movies.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2015-05-14 00:47:16

At 5/14/15 12:40 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: I just came to say that this show has gotten really damn good.

Seriously, that 2 hour season finale last night was better than Age of Ultron, if you ask me.

Marvel on television is surpassing the writing of the Marvel films. Agents of Shield and Daredevil fucking rock. These shows actually have villains that are characters, and not just cardboard cutouts for the heroes to punch.

I dig that show a lot. And I dig Grant Ward and I like how Fitz is the Bad Luck Brian of the Marvel CInematic universe.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2015-05-14 06:17:41

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2015-05-14 16:28:43

Nerdgastic is Marvel.

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!

I am a fan of this show, I think this season ended awesome. I can honestly say JIing (I know for a fact I didn't spell that right), made an awesome villan. I think though they killed her way too quickly, I think she could have been the next Lex Luthor if not that then Joker but of the Marvel side.

Grant as the next Head of Hydra? Simmons got swallowed up by the blob thing. Next season will be amazing, can't wait xD

If you are not playing the game, then you are letting the game play you. Twitter: @Hypnotikid

BBS Signature

Response to Agents Of S.h.i.e.l.d. 2015-05-14 20:56:27

Agents of Shield is the best comic based TV show on television.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature