00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

a125678298 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you believe people are born evil

2,813 Views | 34 Replies

Whether they're shaped by the society they live in or they're just naturally like that the second they came out of the womb, what do you think?

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 02:00:22

no, people who were known as heinous in history usually had enviromental factors mainly affect them, Adolf, if he was actually racist (I heard somewhere that he only acted racist so he would be elected as rule of Germany around that time for the money and power, if that was the case, than those were the factors) was racist because the area he grew up in wasn't entirely Jewish friendly, Germany and Austria were racist against Jews long before Hitler came into power (so I've heard)

Stalin? He was paranoid that somebody like from the UK or the United States would try to come to the USSR and shoot him in the head, thus, he turned his country into a military fortress.

filler text

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 02:01:04

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 02:03:21

People become "evil" through neglect and abuse as a child or some form of traumatic even later in life (usually the former or both).

Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 02:23:39

also, not to mention stalin's father was an alcoholic who frequently beat his wife and son, i'm sure that was good for his physche.

Please, please, newgrounders, if you have children, don't drink heavily to the point where you don't remember what you're doing, you may cause your son to release his anger at the general public by being an oppressive leader or have hate rallies targetted toward specific groups of people.

filler text

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 02:25:35

At 3/21/13 02:18 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: people can be born with preexisting mental disorders.

Actually people can be born more prone to mental disorders through family genetics. Babies don't just fall out of the womb bat shit crazy unless the mother did drugs or something.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 02:31:38

The answer is hard to answer properly, because what is deemed by the society as "evil" changes over time, and there's no way to accurately measure the "evilness" of children growing up.

My personal take is there's a 50/50 genetics, environment split in what causes a person to grow up to be "evil". I'm thinking evil in the terms of extreme misanthropy. There can be mental disorders that follow from the beginning, causing symptoms like various degrees of psychopathy. In other cases, parents neglect is the underlying cause, perhaps working as some kind of trigger of what's already there?

These are only speculations. We don't know enough about the human brain to determine specific things like this as of now.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 02:31:52

Not at all.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 02:36:04

I'm not saying that statement isn't true but I doubt it. I've heard nothing scientific to support that.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 03:10:09

I'm generally a nice person because I choose to be regardless of all the shit in my past, as a matter of fact, without the shit I've been through I don't think I would be nearly as nice.

I guess I was lucky to not have any psychological deficiencies at birth as well as a will strong enough to not be deterred by other people's evil.

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 03:12:56

At 3/21/13 02:30 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: That's what I was talking about.

Oh whoops. You weren't very clear with the whole predisposition thing. Sounded like you were talking about schizoid babies.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 04:02:58

No one is neither good nor bad. A person can be relatively good most of the time but still do bad things. A person may do bad things majority of the time but may still do good things.

rar

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 05:16:39

At 3/21/13 01:24 AM, darklink4567 wrote: Whether they're shaped by the society they live in or they're just naturally like that the second they came out of the womb, what do you think?

I believe people are born good. It's their parents and/or society that usually corrupts them.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 14:27:01

People are definitely born undisciplined. Talking about evil, etc, just makes immaturity sound like like something solid.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 14:42:40

No one is born with a default concept of good an evil, they don't even have a concept of cause or consequence nor are they even self aware at birth so what the fuck makes you think they understand right from wrong and the whys behind them? People who commit heinous crimes without being straight up sociopathic are noted for having really shitty childhoods like Charles Manson where his mother sold him off to a barmaid for a pint of beer among a myriad of other things she did.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 15:13:53

At 3/21/13 01:24 AM, darklink4567 wrote: Whether they're shaped by the society they live in or they're just naturally like that the second they came out of the womb, what do you think?

They're just naturally like that...
Our goddamn nature is evil, we need to obey it and fuck the system of law!

"I fapped to this topic."

- Razeroath.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 15:35:49

I would say they were born ignorant and neutral.

In the end it depends on the environment.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 16:02:48

They can only turn evil by being with wrong influences while growing up in life. They are good people who roam Earth and they are demons within people who never deserved the bad life.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 16:04:24

They are not evil, they are dull. Pure evil is scarce.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 16:07:27

I think it could happen either way.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-21 17:12:42

They are raised evil, not born evil.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-22 00:00:10

At 3/21/13 02:11 PM, Christopher wrote: People are born evil but learn to be good. I'm going back to the way I was born.

OH GOD A GIRL I DONT REALLY KNOW AND HAVE NEVER EVEN HELD HANDS WITH IS FLIRTING WITH ANOTHER GUY ONLINE, I BETTER GO KILL MYSELF.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-23 21:49:52

At 3/21/13 02:43 PM, Stereocrisis wrote:
At 3/21/13 02:27 PM, LionzNTiggerz wrote: People are definitely born undisciplined.
Evil because it stifles and compromises originality? ... whoever doesn't meet the criteria is some kind of fuck up.

I think we may have different understandings of the word 'discipline'. I mean it like martial artists mean it. Discriprine. Maybe I should have spelled it that way in the first place.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-25 01:11:25

Every human being is born with "evil traits" as well as good ones; sum people just choose to use the bad traits instead of the good ones ya digg ?

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-25 01:15:02

No.

I believe every evil person was either shaped to be that way by their surroundings, or chose to be that way on their own free will. Maybe a little of each.

But I don't think "evil" is in our genetic code.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-25 01:24:32

We're all born people, thats the problem.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-25 03:07:12

Just given sheer numbers, it's impossible to say there aren't

A textcee without boundaries.

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-25 08:25:07

No one is born evil and no one is born good, it's all up to what you're exposed to growing up and the choices you make.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-25 08:44:37

In a sense everyone has the potential to be "evil" but we choose not to be. Everyone has the capability of, lets say, killing someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you believe people are born evil 2013-03-25 09:06:30

No of course not

私のちんちん

BBS Signature