00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I was turned down for disability

4,241 Views | 62 Replies

I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 15:49:28

I have severe, acute anxiety that prevents me from holding a legitimate job. My girlfriend, who suffers from the same problem I do suggested I file for disability. Her illness has kept her from holding a job, so I figured I would be approved too. So after weeks of waiting I finally got a notice sent to my parent's apartment that told me I was deemed ineligible.

Is the us government for real? This kind of blatant negligence is shocking in this day and age; I have the absolute same problem as my girl. Don't get me wrong, president Obama has brought many great things. But I find it extremely hard to believe that these laws decide to, for lack of a better term, pick and choose who receives it and who doesn't.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 15:56:48

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:00:06

Damn conservative insurance companies not willing to spend money on treating laziness.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:01:16

So...

1. You knocked up some girl and aren't speaking to her. Your girlfriend doesn't know this.

2. You drink drive and don't see anything wrong with it because someone rear-ended you and didn't get in trouble.

3. You also have acute anxiety disorder so you don't work.

Seriously, do you actually put anything into society or are you still just trolling? I really hope you're a troll.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:01:34

I'm not American, aswell... Fuck that. =P

"I fapped to this topic."

- Razeroath.

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:03:28

Its probably cuz they know you have a dwi

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:05:38

Paying someone because they're afraid of people isn't really a good idea. The best course of action would be getting off your ass and overcoming said fear.

Or, y'know, starve to death because you can't afford food. Either/or.

Protect the Muska.

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:06:42

At 3/9/13 03:49 PM, Spedmallet wrote: president Obama has brought many great things.

I was turned down for disability

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:09:01

At 3/9/13 04:01 PM, BrockManson wrote: So...

1. You knocked up some girl and aren't speaking to her. Your girlfriend doesn't know this.

2. You drink drive and don't see anything wrong with it because someone rear-ended you and didn't get in trouble.

3. You also have acute anxiety disorder so you don't work.

Seriously, do you actually put anything into society or are you still just trolling? I really hope you're a troll.

...Now that you remind me of that, it might not be his disability that's the reason he's being turned down after all.

IF it's truly your disability that's barring you from the job, you have the right to sue. Otherwise, it's your own fault.

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:10:54

If you don't want to work with normal people, then you could just get a job in the morgue.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:16:03

At 3/9/13 04:09 PM, T3XT wrote: ...Now that you remind me of that, it might not be his disability that's the reason he's being turned down after all.

IF it's truly your disability that's barring you from the job, you have the right to sue. Otherwise, it's your own fault.

Exactly how would I sue over it? If I lose the case would it cost me money?

At 3/9/13 04:05 PM, Satan wrote: 1/10 for making me reply.

Do you even know what trolling is? Serious question.

At 3/9/13 04:05 PM, Grotty wrote: Paying someone because they're afraid of people isn't really a good idea. The best course of action would be getting off your ass and overcoming said fear.

I've tried. My mom is prescribed Xanax, and sometimes she gives my one which helps immensely. But doctors refuse to prescribe me it, the medicine that actually works.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:20:25

No one gets on the first try. If you're truly determined to become a worthless parasite, You'll have to get a lawyer. It takes about 3 years to start coming in.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:23:05

At 3/9/13 04:16 PM, Spedmallet wrote:

Exactly how would I sue over it? If I lose the case would it cost me money?

No. They only get money if you win.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:28:06

At 3/9/13 04:19 PM, Provoke wrote:
At 3/9/13 04:16 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Do you even know what trolling is? Serious question.
Lol ignores Brock's question.

fine

At 3/9/13 04:01 PM, BrockManson wrote: Seriously, do you actually put anything into society? I really hope you're a troll.

I do. I contribute to society with my art, most notably the music my band makes. As for the second, no I'm not.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:31:00

At 3/9/13 04:16 PM, Spedmallet wrote: My mom is prescribed Xanax, and sometimes she gives my one which helps immensely. But doctors refuse to prescribe me it, the medicine that actually works.

So you take other people's perscriptions.

This just gets better and better.

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:47:13

At 3/9/13 04:28 PM, Spedmallet wrote: I do. I contribute to society with my art, most notably the music my band makes. As for the second, no I'm not.

Bless your little heart.

Anything else you haven't shared with the BBS yet? Perhaps in your down time you enjoy stealing rare birds' eggs? Maybe you remove stop signs from the side of the road? You might even run with scissors.

I can't wait for your next thread.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:48:45

At 3/9/13 04:28 PM, Spedmallet wrote: I contribute to society with my art, most notably the music my band makes.

I haven't seen or heard any of it. Is it good?

How much money do you earn from it, in a year?

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 16:58:32

I think the best thing to do is to go get help with your anxiety. Getting paid to be afraid is not cool, dude. Don't you have goals you wanna accomplish, make the first one crushing your anxiety as much as possible.

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 17:02:37

Was it for SSI? You need to have doctors to prove that your anxiety is bad enough that it inhibits you from maintaining a job. Maybe your girlfriend's anxiety is more severe than yours but I'm no doctor. The government doesn't just hand out money and it doesn't help that tons of people already cheat the system through welfare and shit so don't be too discouraged that they denied you the first time.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 17:04:02

At 3/9/13 03:49 PM, Spedmallet wrote: I have severe, acute anxiety that prevents me from holding a legitimate job. My girlfriend, who suffers from the same problem I do suggested I file for disability. Her illness has kept her from holding a job, so I figured I would be approved too. So after weeks of waiting I finally got a notice sent to my parent's apartment that told me I was deemed ineligible.

Is the us government for real? This kind of blatant negligence is shocking in this day and age; I have the absolute same problem as my girl. Don't get me wrong, president Obama has brought many great things. But I find it extremely hard to believe that these laws decide to, for lack of a better term, pick and choose who receives it and who doesn't.

------------------------------------------------------------
----------
Bro, your just gonna have to appeal. My Father had to appeal twice for "herniated disks" in his spine. A friends dad has genetic nerve damage and has been waiting for 3 years for disability. Just keep plugging along.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

WP

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 17:06:08

At 3/9/13 04:52 PM, Chemich wrote: Anxiety? Get over it, or get medication.

They won't prescribe me xanax, like I said already.

Millions of people work shit jobs with Anxiety. Though honestly most end up offing themselves; getting an intense work related injury, or live in an all-white padded room for the rest of their life. The Government doesn't give a fuck and a half about you, or who you are. Either find a way to get a job without customer service of which is open to the public, or make a better case for your mental health issues. You may have the same problem as your girlfriend, but they don't know that. I'm pretty sure you can file a reconsideration form, just be more detailed about your problem (if it's actually a problem and not an excuse.)

Sorry to say this bro, but welcome to the real world.

I don't know, I mean you have a very negative concept of what surrounds you. I'm wholly upset about being denied disability despite being clearly eligible, along with some other government things(For example, police officers being able to cash in 100k+ for unused sick leave pay. Utterly ridiculous.). I see what you're saying man but you really can't get all despondent/doom and gloom at a faceless collective like the government- especially when it does do a lot of things right. Chin up guy

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 17:06:09

Where I live, anxiety is treated like a disease and not a disability. I suffered from very chronic anxiety for about 2 years and I got free treatment from the government in the form of 1 to 1 therapy for about 5 months. I can handle life now. You should try the same, so you can live a life, instead of taking the easy route of benefits.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 17:40:09

At 3/9/13 05:20 PM, Chemich wrote: That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying instead of using your mental health as an excuse find a way to work around it. I'm hardly gloom about this at all, I just see you being lazy about a situation you should be able to handle as an adult. I didn't get my job because I whined about my mental health issues, I manned up and figured out how to deal with it in the workplace. ETC

Ok that's great and all but clearly you don't have a mental illness. You can't super-impose yourself on my situation because you don't have a concept of my mind-set.

At 3/9/13 05:29 PM, zag wrote: I almost applied for SSI myself.
The possibility of not getting it combined with the fact that I'd have to speak to them on the phone (I'm horribly terrified of phone conversations) lead me to instead just living on my girlfriend's income with the hope of being a writer.

The government only helps you if they feel like it, which based on other people I know, only seems to be when you don't really need it.

Why do you have a girlfriend? Are you a lesbian?

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 17:56:00

At 3/9/13 05:40 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/9/13 05:20 PM, Chemich wrote: That's not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying instead of using your mental health as an excuse find a way to work around it. I'm hardly gloom about this at all, I just see you being lazy about a situation you should be able to handle as an adult. I didn't get my job because I whined about my mental health issues, I manned up and figured out how to deal with it in the workplace. ETC
Ok that's great and all but clearly you don't have a mental illness. You can't super-impose yourself on my situation because you don't have a concept of my mind-set.

Well that was very considerate of you to ignore my post which held lots of relevancy, empathy and understanding of your anxiety. But there was nothing easy you could nit-pick in defiance, so you ignored it.

Classic OPer moves.

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 18:03:34

At 3/9/13 05:06 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/9/13 04:52 PM, Chemich wrote: Anxiety? Get over it, or get medication.
They won't prescribe me xanax, like I said already.

I find that hard to believe. Will they prescribe you other drugs? What's your doctor's reasoning? Have you tried therapy and/or counseling? Do you eat healthy? Do you exercise?

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 18:15:29

At 3/9/13 06:08 PM, Ma1achi wrote: I will do you guys a favor and leave the BBS for good.

They all say that, then they come back

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 18:19:51

At 3/9/13 05:56 PM, Otto wrote: Well that was very considerate of you to ignore my post which held lots of relevancy, empathy and understanding of your anxiety. But there was nothing easy you could nit-pick in defiance, so you ignored it.

I'm sorry man, it's just you live in out of the US so you don't have the same sort of system we do- it just doesn't relate to me here in America, it's why I didn't pry for detail.

Also please leave matachi I don't need you derailing my thread

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 18:22:18

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 18:23:44

At 3/9/13 06:19 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
At 3/9/13 05:56 PM, Otto wrote: Well that was very considerate of you to ignore my post which held lots of relevancy, empathy and understanding of your anxiety. But there was nothing easy you could nit-pick in defiance, so you ignored it.
I'm sorry man, it's just you live in out of the US so you don't have the same sort of system we do- it just doesn't relate to me here in America, it's why I didn't pry for detail.

That's fair, I feel bad now. I'm just tired of thinking about my posts and then having some retards flamewarring washing what I said away.

Unlucky about your health care system and that, but remember, anxiety can be turned down! I swear by it. It may never go, I swear by that aswell.

BBS Signature

Response to I was turned down for disability 2013-03-09 18:29:58

At 3/9/13 05:29 PM, Zachary wrote: So you are in a band and you perform, but you can't hold a job because of anxiety? Bullshit much?

Yeah. Sounds to me like someone just doesn't want to get a job.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature