New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lemonardo
Lemonardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 13:34:41 Reply

At 3/6/13 01:33 PM, FactorySteel wrote: It sounded cool as fuck.

It won't tomorrow.

BBS Signature
aListers
aListers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 13:35:10 Reply

Well it all started 7 years ago on a website called habbo hotel. It was time for me to create a username that people would actually refer to me as and so I decided to create somthing completely different from what I had before.

As my sig says, I was obsessed with the TV show red dwarf back in 2006. One of the characters in red dwarf is called "Dave Lister". I decided to use his second name "Lister" as a username but that was already taken. After a little bit of messing around, I accidently made an account with the username "Listers." I didn't want to waste a username so I just decided to stick with it.

1 year later I discovered newgrounds. It got to the point where I wanted to create an account pretty fast. I tried my username "Listers" but that was taken so I did exactly the same thing that I did on habbo and accidently created an account with the username "aListers." For the same reason as habbo I stuck with the name and here I am today.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-on= anime era.
What have I done with my life?
clock crew

BBS Signature
FactorySteel
FactorySteel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 13:37:20 Reply

At 3/6/13 01:34 PM, Lemonardo wrote:
At 3/6/13 01:33 PM, FactorySteel wrote: It sounded cool as fuck.
It won't tomorrow.

I thought it up yesterday, still sounds cool.

I like to think of myself as a animator, but really I don't do shit.

BBS Signature
Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 13:46:21 Reply

I have a mega fuck load of accounts, they all exist for different reasons and they are named for different reasons, here's a few of them:

Con - Short for Connor, which is my first name.
Satan - I have this username because I find it ironic, considering I am an atheist.
Kawaii - I used to like anime, a lot.

Tada, there's the reasoning for my usernames, if I ever come across any more of my accounts, I'll be sure to tell you the meanings, if you wish.

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 14:10:20 Reply

I was talking to my friends in the chat and decided to change my name. I suggested SmartyPants and they all thought it was good. It was only later that I realized that was the name of Twilight Sparkle's doll. I soon forgot about it and thought the name would be perfect for when I decide to make smartass remarks. Also, I like the way it sounds

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 14:26:29 Reply

Essentially, when I was younger, I used to play these long-term games with my friends where we pretended that we were supernatural beings... only, the games became so real that it became a perceived extension of my own reality. In one such game which lasted years, I was a mutant named Zag who was born inside of the Earth when the planet was first created along with my brothers, Emberburn and Freezyala. In the year 2010, it would have been our job to defeat the personified entity of Death, which would wipe out all of mankind if we weren't able to defeat it. If we managed to do so, death on earth would be erased.

Basically, my friends and I watched way too much anime.
I guess that I still probably watch too much anime. At least now, it's somewhat productive though. It's helped to inspire much of my own literature which I hope to publish.

And that's why my username is zag on here.

BBS Signature
Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 14:32:31 Reply

because your mom is my bitch

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 14:36:23 Reply

It was a name I used for a comic book maker game. Now I use it in everything. It doesn't have any meaning to it as far as I know.

BBS Signature
Silverspecks
Silverspecks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-06 14:38:05 Reply

My username references my glasses. I don't wear expensive silver spectacles, but the name appealed to me when I came up with it years ago.

Cybercity Newgrounds: A Cop's Tale
I wanna be an author someday.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why that username? 2013-03-07 08:14:09 Reply

cuz Equilibrium was one of my favorite movies when I picked the name.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature