00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen

2,179 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Next Gen Graphics, and I'm sure that the Console version is crap graphics compared to the PC Version. This looks like a game that was made to be a PC Game, so I'm thinking they downgraded you Console Boys. It's the best graphics I seen in a game, tho I haven't played Crysis 3 because I'm not a Crysis fan so I can't speak for that game.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-05 18:10:41

graphics look pretty good...should be interesting to read some of the post-release reviews for it!

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-05 18:12:38

Check out dem pores bro

Not that I'm saying Tomb Raider looks bad. It looks graphix, but I'm starting to get a backlog of graphix. Is it great? Can you at least graphics? Might borrow my brother's graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQXbyeztSe4 just a good chuckle

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-05 18:26:55

At 3/5/13 06:12 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Check out dem pores bro

Not that I'm saying Tomb Raider looks bad. It looks graphix, but I'm starting to get a backlog of graphix. Is it great? Can you at least graphics? Might borrow my brother's graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQXbyeztSe4 just a good chuckle

Wow, thats amazing but that is a super close up of a Face so I don't know if that is a fair assessment. That looks like a PC, that isn't PS4 is it? I mean I'm not expecting great things from PS4 but if PS4 is capable of those type of PORES than Console gaming is really catching up to PC only temporarily.

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-05 19:30:25

I bought Tomb Raider last night on Steam... I like how there's a special option for rendering the hair... it looks really cool seeing each individual strand blowing in the wind... but as beefy as my PC is... it's not beefy enough to handle that smoothly... with that option on it dropped my FPS to 16... Smooth 30+ without.
Liking the game regardless of graphics though, it's nice seeing Lara Croft as something more than just tits with guns for a change.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-05 20:07:25

At 3/5/13 06:26 PM, TheKlown wrote:
Wow, thats amazing but that is a super close up of a Face so I don't know if that is a fair assessment. That looks like a PC, that isn't PS4 is it? I mean I'm not expecting great things from PS4 but if PS4 is capable of those type of PORES than Console gaming is really catching up to PC only temporarily.

Your opinions never mattered much to begin with. you hardly know how your own computer works let alone how anything else does. You dont have much credibility is what im getting at so can your damn attitude.
PC games are built using the 'weakest' hardware, namely consoles. What the PC CAN do isn't much more than what consoles permit them to do.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-05 20:31:44

At 3/5/13 08:07 PM, sweet21 wrote: Your opinions never mattered much to begin with. you hardly know how your own computer works let alone how anything else does. You dont have much credibility is what im getting at so can your damn attitude.
PC games are built using the 'weakest' hardware, namely consoles. What the PC CAN do isn't much more than what consoles permit them to do.

Go troll elsewhere kid. Get a Life, oh wait you're life is getting fat and being pampered by your Parents.

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-05 20:33:32

I own a Pc and a PS3 Console and I can tell you right now even PC Ports have better Graphics than Consoles, so don't listen to that Troll who really has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to Gaming.

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-05 22:43:56

At 3/5/13 08:33 PM, TheKlown wrote: I own a Pc and a PS3 Console and I can tell you right now even PC Ports have better Graphics than Consoles, so don't listen to that Troll who really has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to Gaming.

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-06 05:40:28

Tomb Raider can't really have next gen graphics because PC has always had the ability to run it that well, the graphics are nothing special.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-06 06:50:39

Next gen or not, it looks good!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-06 07:55:12

The original Crysis had great graphics too. But it didn't make it Next Gen.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-06 09:53:49

At 3/6/13 07:55 AM, POTaTOS wrote: The original Crysis had great graphics too. But it didn't make it Next Gen.

^This. Calling good graphics for next gen graphics is as retarded as calling PS3 and 360 for next gen consoles.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-08 11:01:22

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-08 11:15:36

At 3/8/13 11:01 AM, 1930 wrote: Ratings;

Metacritic: 87/100
IGN: 9.1/10
GameInformer: 9.25/10
Gametrailers: 8.5/10

I HAVE to play this game!

What turns me off is the story inconsistency. Like how Laura is suppose to hate killing and its suppose to be hard for her but she does brutal takedowns and shes a headshot happy maniac. And the game apparently rewards you for being a headshot happy maniac, it defeats the purpose of whats happening.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-08 11:21:54

At 3/8/13 11:15 AM, sweet21 wrote: What turns me off is the story inconsistency. Like how Laura is suppose to hate killing and its suppose to be hard for her but she does brutal takedowns and shes a headshot happy maniac. And the game apparently rewards you for being a headshot happy maniac, it defeats the purpose of whats happening.

Well you say that, but the transgression HAS to be quick. Otherwise, imagine how bored you'd get? Also, you would only get to top off like 2-4 people throughout the whole game if that were the case.

Like in Far Cry 3. During the opening scene he's scared and cowardly and hiding behind his Rambo-esque brother. His brother gets killed, you kill somebody, instantly you know how to handle guns and are cool with killing people. Lots of games do this but people only mention this one because they flaunt the word 'Survivor'.

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-08 11:28:54

At 3/8/13 11:21 AM, 1930 wrote: Well you say that, but the transgression HAS to be quick. Otherwise, imagine how bored you'd get? Also, you would only get to top off like 2-4 people throughout the whole game if that were the case.

Like in Far Cry 3. During the opening scene he's scared and cowardly and hiding behind his Rambo-esque brother. His brother gets killed, you kill somebody, instantly you know how to handle guns and are cool with killing people. Lots of games do this but people only mention this one because they flaunt the word 'Survivor'.

Not really the case. Tomb raider could have more stealth elements involved. After all tomb raider has always been about puzzle solving and plundering anyway. You can also have the option of non lethal takedowns, like any stealth game that exists. And from that point forward non lethal kills can be rewarded with bonus points while lethal kills dont get rewarded at all.

Yeah but in Farcry 3 he starts going insane and actually starts to like it. In the first few missions his voice stutters, he isn't sure if he's going to do something or not, and he's afraid of pirates. Then he becomes a drug addict and becomes a bad ass mo-fo. He then realizes he's going insane and actually starts to like it.
So what separates Farcry 3 from tomb raider is the protagonist is SUPPOSE to go insane.
Laura wants to keep her sanity, but she intentionally does things that will drive her ever more insane.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-08 11:31:38

At 3/8/13 11:28 AM, sweet21 wrote: And from that point forward non lethal *takedowns can be rewarded with bonus points while lethal kills dont get rewarded at all.

Fixed.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-08 11:49:23

Back to the original topic, it's not "next gen" it's just most likely one of the first PC games you've played, BF3 and Crysis both look and play leagues better on PC than they do on console, but does that make them "next gen" not really, next gen is a console term and doesn't really apply to PC.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Tomb Raider pc version is Next Gen 2013-03-10 21:23:28

I max out Crysis 1. I'm a Pc Gamers, I just don't like first person shooters much because most of them feel so generic.