00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Altongoodbottle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag"

4,770 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 16:39:40

If Ubisoft's official Facebook page is to be believed, the next Assassin's Creed game, with the sub-title "Black Flag", is already underway in being made. Details on it will be revealed on March 4th at 6pm CET.
I guess it goes without saying that this game will have a heavy pirate theme to it, so that's pretty cool in my book. I'm hoping this means even more naval missions from AC3, if not multiplayer naval battles. Despite the lack of details so far, what do you guys think of this?

Assassin's Creed Iv

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 16:41:49

Odd... I know I capitalized the V in IV and the b in Black in the title before submitting it... Bah, no matter. NEW ASSASSIN'S CREED, WOO~!

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 17:26:38

Well, seems rushed but I feel a little anticipated about it.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 17:31:36

Also, right now I don't blame them for killing off Desmond. When the series was progressing the character Desmond kinda made the story really slow. Don't get me wrong I think Desmond is a fantastic character but there's no way that we could explore the Assassins Creed Universe if we just focus on him every game. Especially that his main goal in the plot was very limited. Despite from all the hate Ubisoft is getting from their decision for killing him off I think they had no choice too. Kinda like putting your dog down. You don't want to but you have to, to end his/her suffering.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 17:33:43

Goddamn it, why did this series have to go so far downhill? Not interested in another boring timeline.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 17:46:22

I'm excited. I'm overexcited. I shouldn't be that excited though, the game's a bit rushed. Who cares. Two new characters will be introduced and PIRATES. Seems like Ubisoft is going to take advantage of one of the best element in the previous game, naval battle. Nice,nice. I only hope it won't be too similar to AC3(like the AC2 and ACB). Gonna do my research tomorrow. Thanks OP.

WOOOOOOOHHOO

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 19:18:01

All I know is if this is for Wii U I am not buying that version after the monstrosity that was the multiplayer in the Wii U version.

The game upset me because of that because I love the multiplayer in AC games and thought I would show my support for the Wii U version since my friend was getting it but of course Ubisoft thanks us for purchasing their game by delivering a completely broken multiplayer experience.

I am one of the few people who buy these games more for the multiplayer than the singleplayer and the fact that my favorite mode rarely worked was a huge turn off.

You want to know how bad Wii U's matchmaking was? 90% of the time I tried sending invites to my friends they couldn't join me. When we DID find a session and we tried to join eachother it wouldn't let us. When we tried doing quick searches or specified searched at the same time we never got matched up together and always got put in rooms by ourselves with usually 1 person joining every now and then but rarely getting up to the required 4 people to start a match.

Such a let down. No way will I buy AC4 on Wii U if there is a wii u version.

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 19:51:13

Remember when this game series was about Assassins?
Yeah, that was nice.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 20:41:12

Their mistake was getting a separate team of writers to make the expansions of AC2. This separate team is the reason we're in this mess because they ruined the character of Desmond.

Originally he was supposed to be a representation of you. In AC1, you learn everything as Desmond learns it. And with the story, they made it so that you can basically insert yourself into his position.

But the AC2 expansions completely obliterated this character by giving him a backstory and more of a personality. They made it so the Desmond of AC1 is no longer you, and is actually a very vague, boring, flat, uninteresting character who's motives are nonsensical.

Long story short, the ACTUAL writers of Assassin's Creed had to fix the gargantuan problem caused by the expansion team and they did this simply by killing off Desmond. Given the situation they were in, I would say they made the best story they could have in AC3 given all the plotholes.

So I'll be getting AC4 if the real AC writers are behind it.

Also I want a female assassin :3

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 21:38:48

At 2/28/13 08:41 PM, Emma wrote: Their mistake was getting a separate team of writers to make the expansions of AC2. This separate team is the reason we're in this mess because they ruined the character of Desmond.

I want to know - did you come up with all of this, or is there a very interesting analysis somewhere I should be reading?

Originally he was supposed to be a representation of you. In AC1, you learn everything as Desmond learns it. And with the story, they made it so that you can basically insert yourself into his position.
But the AC2 expansions completely obliterated this character by giving him a backstory and more of a personality. They made it so the Desmond of AC1 is no longer you, and is actually a very vague, boring, flat, uninteresting character who's motives are nonsensical.

This is bias from Issac Clarke's evolution in Dead Space 2, where he went from being a silent protagonist to a very sympathetic, engaging protagonist, but... I would have figured giving Desmond a personality would improve things. I don't know about Revelations, but I did play Brotherhood.

Seems redundant to take the place of a character who is taking the place of someone else.

Now that I've had AC3 spoiled, I admit I was thinking we would find out that all this time we were actually playing as a future descendant of Desmond, watching his adventures through a future Animus. I guess that theory's been staked though.

Also I want a female assassin :3

I want a black Assassin, or a Japanese assassin. They had a female Assassin in one the AC3 spin-offs.

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-02-28 23:37:37

At 2/28/13 09:38 PM, Demonbrunch wrote:
At 2/28/13 08:41 PM, Emma wrote: Their mistake was getting a separate team of writers to make the expansions of AC2. This separate team is the reason we're in this mess because they ruined the character of Desmond.
I want to know - did you come up with all of this, or is there a very interesting analysis somewhere I should be reading?

I forgot where I read it first but I just looked it up on IMDb.

Corey May was on board for AC1, AC2 and partly for AC2:B. Then the Revelations expansion had no dedicated writers because it was basically written on the fly and completely ruined what May was trying to do.

So in AC3, the new writers had to basically ditch everything that May was foreshadowing and planning for the climax. The story to AC3 was nothing like they wanted it to be. Killing off Desmond and starting over was the only way to solve the problem.

This is bias from Issac Clarke's evolution in Dead Space 2, where he went from being a silent protagonist to a very sympathetic, engaging protagonist, but... I would have figured giving Desmond a personality would improve things. I don't know about Revelations, but I did play Brotherhood.

Brotherhood was fine.

Revelations ruined everything by basically saying that Desmond knew he was an Assassin and also that his family was devout to it. It was generally believed that knowledge of his heritage was lost generations ago, and the Templars finally found him because his blood matched. He was supposed to be an ordinary guy who worked at a bar who was suddenly kidnapped by strange people. He was never supposed to have a detailed background or they would have said something about him in the first 3 games - which they DIDNT >:(

Seems redundant to take the place of a character who is taking the place of someone else.

Well what I mean is Desmond represented YOU the player. That's why he never had a real background. He even asks questions about who everyone is because he is supposed to be completely confused about what was going on. Revelations made it so all those questions he asked were completely pointless to him.

We were supposed to be learning and getting better as he did. But now its like we were lied to for 3 games LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-01 03:44:42

Just by the look of it I can say it would be more suited for a spin-off game, or DLC. Not really sequel material.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-01 04:49:13

At 2/28/13 07:51 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Remember when this game series was about Assassins?
Yeah, that was nice.

Yes, we have the gamers by the balls. Now teach them history!

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-01 07:27:48

At 2/28/13 08:41 PM, Emma wrote: Also I want a female assassin :3

The PS Vita AC game has one.

They would REALLY like it if you bought a Vita.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-01 08:10:48

At 3/1/13 03:48 AM, Protagonist wrote: They really have to fix the damage left by Revelations and 3. The game series started off good, and got even better with 2 and brotherhood but took a completely nosedive. As a fan of the series, I really hope that this one isn't rushed.

Honestly it took it's nosedive at Brotherhood, started looking promising again at Revelations and then bombed at AC 3 in my opinion.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-01 10:31:38

At 2/28/13 11:37 PM, Emma wrote: Revelations ruined everything by basically saying that Desmond knew he was an Assassin and also that his family was devout to it. It was generally believed that knowledge of his heritage was lost generations ago, and the Templars finally found him because his blood matched. He was supposed to be an ordinary guy who worked at a bar who was suddenly kidnapped by strange people. He was never supposed to have a detailed background or they would have said something about him in the first 3 games - which they DIDNT >:(

You're wrong. Watch a video of the first time Desmond meets Vidic. Yeah it is one of the very first scenes of the game. Vidic tells Desmond that they know he's an Assassin but Desmond answers not anymore. I found the whole dialogue here,but I will give you the part that interests you the most.

Desmond: Information?! I'm a bartender, for Christ's sakes! What do you want me to do?! Teach you how to mix a martini?!
Dr. Vidic: We know who you are. What you are.
Desmond: I-I don't know what you're talking about...
Dr. Vidic: Don't play coy with me, there isn't time. You're an Assassin, and whether you realize it or not, you've got something my employers want. Locked away in that head of yours.
Desmond: But I'm not an Assassin...not anymore.
Dr. Vidic: Yes, your file indicated as much. Something about...an escape. Most fortunate for us.

Desmond's parents were Assassins. And devout to the order. That's why he escaped from the Farm(if I can remember right what the remote place Desmond used to live). His father was training him too hard. I think that the developers,when they made the first game, already had a background story for Desmond in mind.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 18:42:57

I can't wait, the AC3 ending had some cliff hangers that need to be solved. But who will be the one to access the memories???

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 19:10:42

I'm positive it's going to be the same mechanics as Assassin's Creed 3 but with changes of characters and setting like Brotherhood and Revelations were to Assassin's Creed 2, but goddamn, pirates.

Not sure how they're gonna continue the story at this point in terms of Desmond. Until just not I assumed he wasn't dead for good because he's still got shit to do and they've been teasing us with a game set in modern day forever, but it just occurred to me all the bad guys are dead. Unless they completely cut Desmond out of this one, which I hope they do because he sucks, I don't know how they'll handle that.

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 19:18:30

Is this series becoming the Madden/CoD of third person action games or what?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 19:25:09

At 3/2/13 07:10 PM, Jester wrote: ...but it just occurred to me all the bad guys are dead. Unless they completely cut Desmond out of this one, which I hope they do because he sucks, I don't know how they'll handle that.

Well, not all of them, exactly.

Juno

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 19:30:11

lol Black Flag.

Assassin's Creed Iv

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 21:20:54

From the looks of the trailer, it seems that they're going to (try) go back to having character like Ezio.

They should probably hold off on the assassin's creed franchise. We just got a title that came out last October.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 21:21:40

At 3/2/13 07:25 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
Well, not all of them, exactly.
Juno

Yeah but Juno's from the bad part of the story so i'll be having none of that

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 21:33:01

At 3/2/13 09:28 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Other than the storyline, I think AC III gameplay is pretty awesome and I hope they'll keep it that way in AC IV.

I agree, it's excellent mechanically but Connor is a pretty shitty character with pretty shitty voice acting and it killed me.

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-02 23:17:23

I never got into this series much. My brother bought the first one and I played it alot, but after that I never bothered with any of the sequels, I heard none were as good as the first. But all opinions are pretty biased, especially when people love the first game, etc.

Black Flag looks pretty appealing to me, I like the idea of pirates a lot, and it is something I'm very interested in, as far as history etc goes.
I definitely want to check this game out once it's released.

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-03 13:43:48

At 3/2/13 07:18 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Is this series becoming the Madden/CoD of third person action games or what?

I hope to God it doesn't Ubisoft better not ruin such a brilliant series! It is their best series after all (behind Rayman and Splinter Cell)

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-03 13:54:12

At 3/2/13 11:17 PM, Luke wrote: I never got into this series much.

I only played the first one. Frankly, it was mediocre at best. It was extremely tedious, doing the same missions over and over before you got to kill some guy and then go back to doing the same missions over and over in a different setting that looks the same as the last setting.

I intend to trade it in if I ever get to go back to the Dragon's Den. It's across the river, so I don't know when I'll be able to do that since I don't have a car.

I heard that they've gotten better with each new installment, but I have doubts that I'd like any of them all that much.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-03 15:28:10

I wonder who is going to replace Desmond.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-03 18:28:09

At 3/3/13 01:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I heard that they've gotten better with each new installment, but I have doubts that I'd like any of them all that much.

I guess it's all a matter of taking the risk in buying the game to see if it floats your boat, especially now with local game rentals being quite rare.
Renting games online sucks, at least in my opinion. But it also sucks to wait for a game to drop in price, and then have nobody to talk about it with because the people have moved on to a newer game that's "in".

I normally wait for games to drop in price, Assassins Creed is ten dollars at a store here, so I might go grab it some time in the near future, just to get back into it and give it another shot.

Response to Assassin's Creed Iv "black Flag" 2013-03-03 19:15:47

Next stop, feudal Japan.

Actually that might be pretty cool.

Damn, that insult didn't work out like I intended it to.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature