00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BUNKUMBITCH just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Legalizing weed is so far away

3,928 Views | 56 Replies

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-10 11:28:09

At 3/9/13 05:30 PM, Warforger wrote: People who dismiss South Park as another one of those stoner comedies with no real message don't notice the overarching political messages......

Um, I wasn't dismissing it as a stoner comedy. I think they had very valid points.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-10 22:13:45

At 2/27/13 03:03 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
Nothing about recreational marijuana use if positive. Nothing.

Except that it has been proven, time after time, to shrink and destroy tumorous cells. My aunt smoked weed when she suffered with stage 1 bowel cancer and her cancer went into remission after six months.

Maybe you should learn to use google before you voice your ignorance on something you have clearly done no research on whatsoever. Or don't, I won't lose sleep over what a shitposter thinks.

Legalizing weed is so far away

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-10 22:33:03

At 3/10/13 10:13 PM, Ononymous wrote: Maybe you should learn to use google before you voice your ignorance on something you have clearly done no research on whatsoever. Or don't, I won't lose sleep over what a shitposter thinks.

Camarohusky is entitled to his opinion and you're welcome to disagree with him, but he isn't a shitty poster. I point this out because posting a completely unreadable .jpg that looks like it has been assembled in a middle school computer lab that you found on google (or perhaps even made yourself) does not constitute research and relates back to the point I made earlier about it being a shame that advocates of marijuana legalization tend to be self-defeating in their arguments.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-11 08:34:43

At 3/10/13 10:33 PM, Famas wrote: Camarohusky is entitled to his opinion and you're welcome to disagree with him

Indeed he is entitled to his opinion just as everyone on this board is entitled to their own opinion. But that doesn't mean we can't call bullshit when we see it.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-11 11:34:08

At 3/11/13 08:34 AM, nukechicken wrote: But that doesn't mean we can't call bullshit when we see it.

Famas isn't saying the point is necessarily wrong. He's just saying that it was made in a TERRIBLE and completely self destructive way, to the point where even serious arguments from the pro-marijuana crowd are hard to take seriously.

So if you want to say that there are positive effects from marijuana use (NOT FROM HEMP) then go ahead and make a COGENT, CONCISE, and ON POINT argument. Not some shiity graph that is off point, and not some angry come back involving earfetish's fetish for eating poop. The bar is quite low, yet so many insist on playing limbo.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-11 13:02:55

At 3/11/13 11:34 AM, Camarohusky wrote:

Yah you win because I don't have the brainpower to come up with logic or reason and even If I did It would be a colossal waste of time because at the end of the day I'm gonna sit here smoke soom weed eat some cheetos and pirate all the things all of them and maybe get in a good fap and there is nothing you can do to stop me. I only posted here cause I'm bored and got nutin better to do.

Yah you win cause the pro marijuana crowd is to stoned to fight back.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-11 13:15:49

At 3/11/13 01:02 PM, nukechicken wrote: and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

Nobody is interested in stopping you and in-fact I believe most of us would rather you did that.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-11 22:18:02

The numbers and facts are on the pro cannabis side, but they aren't even important, all that matters is that it is a personal decision and whether it fucks your life up or not is the users problem alone. Why everyone insists on controlling other people's lives so much is beyond me, especially for a drug that is so mild that even the behavioral effects are harmless to the rest of society. Its just a matter of people wanting other people to stop liking what they don't like.

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-12 20:31:34

At 3/11/13 10:18 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: The numbers and facts are on the pro cannabis side, but they aren't even important, all that matters is that it is a personal decision and whether it fucks your life up or not is the users problem alone.

pretty much, yep.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-12 22:28:55

I think legalization now would do the country more good than if it were legalized later. For one, it could reduce the amount of violent crimes every year, because as we know, a lot of violent crimes are over illegal drugs, and weed is a BIG one. For two, it would cripple the black market. Three, it could open up new markets, provide new jobs, and grow jobs in industries we already have, could open up more sources of tax revenue for the government, if they were to treat it like alcohol and tobacco. FINALLY, it would erase the convictions and sentencing for criminals, whose only crimes were usage of marijuana and possession of marijuana, this giving them another chance at finding a job, which will contribute to the economy, so long as they don't fail a drug test if the company still screens for marijuana, even after legalization.

We need to start focusing on going after VIOLENT criminals. It would save the law enforcement SO MUCH MONEY, it's ridiculous. I am talking BILLIONS of dollars in arrests, jail-time, etc. Seriously...

Government,

WEED = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LEGALIZE IT!

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-14 16:00:16

At 3/14/13 03:54 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: --supergandhi64

I know, man. My wife huffed the marijuanas once and she thought she could fly and jumped off the roof and died.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-14 22:41:55

At 3/14/13 03:54 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: cannabis is illegal for a reason . . . the reason being it's a dangerous and extremely destructive drug. there's so many crackpot theories by addicts on why cannabis is illegal, it's not even funny. some of them can't even admit they're addicted and insists cannabis does not make you physiologically dependent with use. these kinds of myths, smokescreens and misconceptions about cannabis is why youth is still being exposed to this dangerous drug. get real and weed out the weed

--supergandhi64

Are you a retard? Here: This is proof in a simple study done over a set period of years that PROVES smoking up to one joint a day is actually good for you.

Now, like with everything, weed in moderation can see helpful effects on one's body. It's only when this balance is thrown off that weed can become dangerous. That being said, pretty much the same could be said for ALL drugs (except heroin and cocaine and meth obviously). Again, dare I say it, doing it in moderation, I repeat moderation, will help increase lung capacity and function. The study suggests as much.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-15 00:00:53

At 3/10/13 11:28 AM, Ericho wrote: Um, I wasn't dismissing it as a stoner comedy. I think they had very valid points.

I wasn't talking about you, it's just alot of people who don't watch it but hear the negative aspects that filter to them (mormons and red heads in particular) think that it's just a low level comedy that doesn't have any overarching message.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-15 02:40:08

I just found NG because I started drawing. This is the first time I ventured out of the Art forum. I just smoked a huge fatty to my head and I'm too lazy to read all these other posts.

Is it a good conversation?

Nice to meet you all!

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-15 11:37:46

At 3/14/13 10:41 PM, KiwiSundae wrote:

taking Superghandi seriously. heh.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 16:47:23

At 3/12/13 10:28 PM, KiwiSundae wrote: WEED = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LEGALIZE IT!

This guy got the right idea

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 17:21:20

At 2/26/13 08:38 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: This gun law thing is gonna take awhile to cool down, man. That means states won't be seeing legalized weed for a long time. Shits not fair.

LOL where I come from Weed is decriminalized and Cops don't even give a fuck about it's use possession or sale because the Courts don't give a fuck about it's use possession or sale = no Criminal charges. LOL Love Canada Eh !

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 18:24:09

At 4/5/13 05:21 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: LOL where I come from Weed is decriminalized and Cops don't even give a fuck about it's use possession or sale because the Courts don't give a fuck about it's use possession or sale = no Criminal charges. LOL Love Canada Eh !

Haha damn, I wish I could live down there

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 18:39:52

At 4/5/13 06:24 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote:
Haha damn, I wish I could live down there

Down there LOL ? Do you live on the North Pole ?

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 18:43:28

LOL where I come from Weed is decriminalized and Cops don't even give a fuck about it's use possession or sale because the Courts don't give a fuck about it's use possession or sale = no Criminal charges. LOL Love Canada Eh !

My state has marijuana decriminalized to a point to. Lots of potheads...

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 18:50:29

At 4/5/13 06:43 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

I think from what Joe Rogan says from how I understand it Cali is the forerunner of Marijuana decriminalization and legalization well with the "Dispensaries" and what not.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 21:32:48

I think from what Joe Rogan says from how I understand it Cali is the forerunner of Marijuana decriminalization and legalization well with the "Dispensaries" and what not.

I'm talking about the first state to Decriminalize, not Cali

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 22:29:15

At 4/5/13 09:32 PM, Ceratisa wrote: I'm talking about the first state to Decriminalize, not Cali

Unless you're splitting hairs by a couple hours, two states legalized at the same time.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-05 22:38:19

At 4/5/13 10:29 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 4/5/13 09:32 PM, Ceratisa wrote: I'm talking about the first state to Decriminalize, not Cali
Unless you're splitting hairs by a couple hours, two states legalized at the same time.

Legalize =/= Decriminalize.

Really Camaro pay attention.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-06 14:03:08

Cannabis can cure cancer,but there is 7 billion people on Earth,soon over the Earths limit,so depopulation is needed,that's why modern laws see weed as illegal.Thats at least how my friend Joe thinks

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-06 15:16:31

At 4/6/13 02:57 PM, Light wrote:
At 4/6/13 02:03 PM, Lenda wrote: Cannabis can cure cancer,but there is 7 billion people on Earth,soon over the Earths limit,so depopulation is needed,that's why modern laws see weed as illegal.Thats at least how my friend Joe thinks
I may be an ardent advocate of cannabis legalization, but I don't know of any evidence that indicates that cannabis can cure cancer, only that it can mitigate some of its symptoms.

There's a guy called Rick Simpson who is going around saying his cannabis tincture can cure all kinds of cancer. It's snake-oil bullshit but it has become really popular recently, especially among cannabis advocates. I dread to think how many people unnecessarily died of cancer because they refused contemporary treatments and fell for this charlatan.

There is some scientific research on the tumour-suppressing qualities of cannabis compounds and this is looking increasingly interesting, but cannabis does not 'cure cancer', just some scammers keep saying it does.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-04-06 18:30:35

At 4/6/13 02:03 PM, Lenda wrote: Cannabis can cure cancer,but there is 7 billion people on Earth,soon over the Earths limit,so depopulation is needed,that's why modern laws see weed as illegal.Thats at least how my friend Joe thinks

2 have already covered the other point. But I'll address the fact that cancer isn't a big enough killer to control the population.