Be a Supporter!

Creation vs Evolution

  • 4,175 Views
  • 170 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:36 PM, 372 wrote: Haha, yeah dude. I'm sure you can dismiss my work by those 4 sentences I wrote, you must be a pretty smart guy.

"I just wrote a paper that will completely change our understanding of evolution as we know it, but I can't show it to anyone."

Seems legit.

Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:32 PM, Suprememessage wrote: The most compelling argument I've ever heard AGAINST evolution is that God hid fossils just to fuck with us. That's why Evolution is definitely true.

Ever heard a creationist mention gaps in the fossil record or things that have not yet been explained (e.g. exactly how the first life-forms came to be)? They seem to think a few minor things that aren't yet known rule out a theory completely.

Because everything in the book of Genesis is perfectly sound and explained, right?


"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 04:48 PM Reply

Evolution.

There is solid, pure, logical evidence that evolution is true, and even if there wasn't it'd still be logical to think that organisms slowly change and adapt over time, where as creation is in a book that a bunch of old saints and disciples wrote a couple thousand years ago.

Creation is just purely illogical and childish. There has always been a creator, he has existed for eternity, and he just made everything on the planet as you see it today. Evolution is logical, and sais that through chance, life slowly started and change and adapted to it's environment over millions of years, the things that lived in water became water creatures, the things that lived on land became land creatures.

To be 100% honest, you have to be just a tad bit dumb to believe in creationism. Just a tad bit.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:39 PM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:36 PM, 372 wrote: Haha, yeah dude. I'm sure you can dismiss my work by those 4 sentences I wrote, you must be a pretty smart guy.
Post the abstract.

Well you see it's still in the works. I'm only a student, I'm hoping to get access to lab resources by then end of April. Not to mention, I don't know of any scientist who goes revealing their ideas and discoveries before publication for no reason..

At 2/21/13 04:40 PM, Entice wrote:
"I just wrote a paper that will completely change our understanding of evolution as we know it, but I can't show it to anyone."

Seems legit.

who did you quote that from...?

You can not believe me if you want, I don't really know what to tell you guys. Just wait a little, you can call me out in like 4 months. If I don't get approved for further research then there won't really be any harm in telling you.

chupacabras89
chupacabras89
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 04:58 PM Reply

I think God created evolution.

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 04:58 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:36 PM, 372 wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:32 PM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:27 PM, 372 wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:22 PM, Saen wrote: So evolutionary significance of radial, bilateral, penta-radial, and asymmetrical body structures?
I've dissected its relevance down to the mechanisms of cyanobacteria. Maybe further. But that is all I can say for now.
So, nothing new or earth shattering.
Haha, yeah dude. I'm sure you can dismiss my work by those 4 sentences I wrote, you must be a pretty smart guy.

Just because humans can't understand their evolutionary significance doesn't mean there isn't any significance.


Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:58 PM, chupacabras89 wrote: I think God created evolution.

This is the logical thing for a christian to think

Just because something goes against the bible doesn't mean that the bible is a lie, the bible isn't meant to be taken literally anyway


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:58 PM, Suprememessage wrote:

Just because humans can't understand their evolutionary significance doesn't mean there isn't any significance.

Wh...what? What are you talking about? Who said it's beyond human comprehension? I'm just gonna opt out of this conversation because not being able to share my thoughts is killing me

you never know where a Crick and Watson are hiding....
FoxTrot101
FoxTrot101
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 05:13 PM Reply

The bible is stories, if you do your research, there's multiple other stories of Moses and the flood, and even Jesus. We are all God. We have the power to create, give, and take away life. We are Gods of ourselves


Feet don't fail me now, take me to the finish line

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:58 PM, chupacabras89 wrote: I think God created evolution.

Genius. :D

kisame
kisame
  • Member since: May. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 07:03 PM Reply

This can only end in disaster.


Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 07:28 PM Reply

"The only real wisdom is knowing that you know nothing"
- Socrates


BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 07:31 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 03:35 PM, BlueBeef wrote: Anyone with common sense would know the bible is such bullshit.

Look at all this edgy.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 07:31 PM, Slint wrote:
At 2/21/13 03:35 PM, BlueBeef wrote: Anyone with common sense would know the bible is such bullshit.
Look at all this edgy.
At 2/21/13 07:04 PM, Protagonist wrote:
Anyone with common sense would know not to take the bible literally. But I could see why an edgy ignorant teen would agree with your opinion.

Guys c'mon you won't accept a story on internet forums as true without pictures, and this a book that claims to be the word of the creator of the universe, who spoke through a handful of guys and refused to reveal his existence to anyone else, and not once spoke any real knowledge outside what well, the people who "he spoke though" could of known...
And you're constantly calling people "edgy" for calling bullshit
I think someones a just having a little trouble accepting that their religion is a fairy tale...

Saen
Saen
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Reader
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:27 PM, 372 wrote:
Yes. Exactly. I've dissected its relevance down to the mechanisms of cyanobacteria. Maybe further. But that is all I can say for now.
I see you are a studying biology. We're gonna get along very well.

Cyanobacteria are asymmetrical though, however being asymmetrical has always been linked to an older evolutionary timeline, or more primitive development. Hey pm me your lab work if ya want.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 08:37 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:58 PM, chupacabras89 wrote: I think God created evolution.

But what created your God?

Checkmate

Dragonmas121
Dragonmas121
  • Member since: May. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 08:46 PM Reply

I believe in God and evolution. I believe that evolution is a creation of God for some purpose. Who says I can't believe in God without believing in the bible? My thoughts on the subject would probably sound crazy to other people.

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 08:48 PM, shitposter wrote:
At 2/21/13 03:31 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: I do not believe in evolution. I understand why it's true, though.
these words do not make sense together

I think he means, he doesn't just have unquestionable faith of it- like people do religion- he knows the process of evolution and the science behind it. He doesn't believe, he understands.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 09:04 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 07:04 PM, Protagonist wrote: Anyone with common sense would know not to take the bible literally.

Except the rules are 100% literal and most of the stories were taken literally in period.
It's only in recent times when people started to see how bullshit the stories were that they started saying "Oh! This part must be a metaphor".
Either that or they just don't want to follow a certain rule.

They pick and choose the parts of the bible that they personally like to follow and then try to claim that it's deeper than that, but it really isn't.

vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 03:53 PM, tonypar16 wrote: Darwin was (probably) a freemason. Enough said.
Don't want to trigger any flame war bomb here,I'm just kidding

Well, you do make a good point even if you don't realize it. Pat yourself on the back. Is your back all good and patted? Good.

The thing is I notice a lot of creationists like to attack Darwin's character. They like to lump up atheism with Hitler and Stalin. The thing is, that is a logical fallacy and not a real fact. It's the Reductio ad Hitlerum fallacy(I swear that's a real thing).

It doesn't matter what Darwin did 140 years ago, or what Nazis did 70 years ago(in this particular situation). Even if bad people supported the truth it doesn't make it not true. I'm sure at some point in his life Hitler said "2+2=4" and no one is eager to throw that out the window or argue against how true that is because Hitler said it. It's just a silly argument that tries reducing credibility through petty name calling or scare tactics instead of coming up with any real science. Whether or not Darwin did something wrong(I have heard everything from he was racist to god knows what else) it doesn't change the fact the discoveries he made that have been tested for 140 years+ are any less true because he did something wrong. It's just silly to think otherwise.


Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

4761
4761
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 10:48 PM Reply

AAt 2/21/13 03:58 PM, Elitistinen wrote:

To be honest, I don't mind who believes in what. Evolution is a fact, and it's good enough for me to know that. But I don't force it down some people's throats, unlike some dumbass atheist militant on the internet.

I am going to ignore every other post except this one.
The reason is that you had a completely absurd and cliche usage of the phrase 'force it down people's throats'.

I cannot tell you how much it pisses me off when people like you use the force it down throats card when there is a user that simply asserts their belief, opinion, or argument. On the internet there is no such thing as 'forcing it people's throats' because you came to the forum or place of discussion and consented to the participation of discussion with other users. At no given point in time did anyone force their beliefs or worldview on you because they have no control over you and are simply trying to pursuade you into thinking the way they think. All you're doing is antagonizing and exaggerating the other person who is peacefully preaching what they believe on the internet because you found it too condescending, insulting, or otherwise inflammatory. You're making them seem more evil and vicious than they really are by saying that they are forcing something on someone when in reality they are refuting, preaching, or asserting something that no one is required to listen to out of fear of penalty.

'Forcing something down someone's throats' is when you go to somebody's house and forcefully instill your beliefs onto them or do something to them under an actual force. Forcing is when you raise a child and indoctrinate them with your belief systems while they have little to no control over it. It is not forcing when some person on the internet whom you find to be an asshole strongly convinces you to subscribe to his method of thinking or wants you to believe what he thinks is absolute fact.

Saying that someone is forcing something down your throat on the internet is the same as saying "This guy is being really mean to me! What a know-it-all!"


Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 04:48 PM, Xenomit wrote: Evolution.

There is solid, pure, logical evidence that evolution is true, and even if there wasn't it'd still be logical to think that organisms slowly change and adapt over time, where as creation is in a book that a bunch of old saints and disciples wrote a couple thousand years ago.

Creation is just purely illogical and childish. There has always been a creator, he has existed for eternity, and he just made everything on the planet as you see it today. Evolution is logical, and sais that through chance, life slowly started and change and adapted to it's environment over millions of years, the things that lived in water became water creatures, the things that lived on land became land creatures.

To be 100% honest, you have to be just a tad bit dumb to believe in creationism. Just a tad bit.

Ya know, not to mention when I was working one of my temp jobs, one of the temps I was talking to, I found out he is both a Vegan, and a creationist Christan. I was absolutely dumbfounded by his idiocy. We got to talking about religion and other things.

His logic was that god "created the world in 7 days" and that "our solar system is special" ....

Like I even was trying to be nice and level with him. I offered him idea and possibilities such as.

"We are never really told how long a "day" for god is. 7 "days" could very well be 7 billion years to us, but supposedly there is a passage in one of those many old books saying that a day for god is the same as a day or man. So there goes that I guess. :/

We also talked about stars, and how apparently our sun is special, it was "just created" He insisted that the earth was created -before- the sun, and the sun was just put there to sustain our life. So god created everything, our planet, the plants, us, and all the things dependent on heat, the POOF, our sun was there, right where it needed to be. What about other stars? Were they just poofed into random spaces?

Those stars aren't special according to him, they formed like normal stars, not to mention we are the only thing that has life on it, or so he insisted.

It was really frustrating. He more or less refuses to look at anything scientific, and any sort of hybrid, or compromise like a guided evolution, which I could see as a valid potential is utter garbage in his eyes. Was the first hardcore Vegan I'd ever met, and compounded by the fact he was a creationism just multiplied the stupid 10 fold.

To say that we are the only life in our vast universe is not only ignorant, it's also extremely arrogant. We are not "special" we are just a little bit more organized than some other life, and even then we look like a chaotic bunch of fuckwits when you compare us to organizations like ants and shit.


My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
ameliasbinder
ameliasbinder
  • Member since: Jan. 18, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:01 AM Reply

Honestly, I think that its just a stupid argument. Because everyone is gonna believe what they want to and will stick with it until the end. Which was supposed to be what? 2000? December 2012?.....

Anyway, a friend of mine came up with answer because he was tired of all the bullshit going around. Realizing that many people believe in the big bang/ evolution and the rest believe in god, he came up with the following statement.

"God farted and the world was created. He then emphasized that it was a Big Bang that came from God"'


<3 "Tentacles are a girl's best friend" <3

ameliasbinder
ameliasbinder
  • Member since: Jan. 18, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:15 AM Reply

At 2/22/13 01:07 AM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 2/22/13 01:01 AM, ameliasbinder wrote: Everyone is gonna believe what they want to and will stick with it until the end.
That's not true. People are converted from complete morons (children) into PhD level thinkers (educated, accomplished adults) all the time.

Thats an enitrely different argument. The main idea of this post is people who are more logical and belive in the science to back it up, or the religious fanatics who say were all going to hell anyway. I mean come on, we built a city of sin "Las Vegas" and the City of Fallen Angels (Los Angelas).. I'm not to familiar with many "holy cites" anymore except for Juruslim and Bethel ham, even Rome is having issues, the Pope is turning his back on it....

As for children, there only as dumb as the people who raise them. There are some that learn to think for themselves, and we can only hope for them.


<3 "Tentacles are a girl's best friend" <3

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:17 AM Reply

At 2/22/13 01:14 AM, Trillionaire wrote: Let's see that paper, 372.

Look man I am not leaking my paper to a guy named "Trillionaire"
I mean seriously. C'mon. Just.... c'mon.
I'll PM when it's done though.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:52 AM Reply

At 2/21/13 10:48 PM, 4761 wrote: all the angry nonsenses...

Or should I say, "I don't agree the way those atheists 'preach' people, e.g. they are too hostile". Satisfy yet?

Bro, you act like a narcissist. Everyone has their rights to believe in whatever they want. Hostile preaching someone is going against the rights. It's not just atheist militants that have done this, my point of view is also toward religious people. I'm atheist myself, but I respect other views and opinions. Rest of atheists should do that too.

Sleeping icon, because all your nonsenses are too unoriginal.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 2/22/13 11:52 AM, Elitistinen wrote: Bro, you act like a narcissist. Everyone has their rights to believe in whatever they want. Hostile preaching someone is going against the rights.

Lol, how does talking threaten anyone's right?

If you're so insecure about your beliefs that you can't listen to contrary opinions then maybe you should reconsider them anyways.

kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:58 AM Reply

neither of these are true

but evolution is much more likely


comment pls - plug.dj
sevkitty.com forum - last.fm
D - ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 12:00 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 11:52 AM, Elitistinen wrote: I'm atheist myself, but I respect other views and opinions. Rest of atheists should do that too.

...and there's absolutely no reason why I should respect beliefs simply because they're beliefs. I have absolutely no respect for anyone's beliefs.

I respect people, not ideas. I can still respect people that I disagree with but I see no reason why I should support their beliefs like it's their right to never have their world views challenged.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Creation vs Evolution Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 2/22/13 12:00 PM, Entice wrote:
Lol, how does talking threaten anyone's right?

The way of most today atheists talk is probably consider 'normal', of course in their own eyes. No wonder people dislike atheism so much.

...and there's absolutely no reason why I should respect beliefs simply because they're beliefs. I have absolutely no respect for anyone's beliefs.

I respect people, not ideas. I can still respect people that I disagree with but I see no reason why I should support their beliefs like it's their right to never have their world views challenged.

Respecting someone's idea doesn't mean you support their idea.