00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Creation vs Evolution

8,046 Views | 132 Replies

Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:31:58

First off, I understand why a mod would want to lock this thread. I hope it doesn't come to that. This type of thread can become a shitstorm and full of arguing and stupidity.

However, I was wanting to weigh some arguments between the two. One a belief, the other a truth with scientific evidence.

I do have intent on getting a civilized debate going, and hope the NG community can be polite enough(ENOUGH) to not be too vicious when arguing.

I do not believe in evolution. I understand why it's true, though. However, if someone thinks they can budge me or other people that understand why evolution is true I am opening the forum here.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:35:58

Anyone with common sense would know the bible is such bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:36:06

At 2/21/13 03:31 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
I do have intent on getting a civilized debate going, and hope the NG community can be polite enough(ENOUGH) to not be too vicious when arguing.

That statement is more ridiculous than any religious debate could be.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:39:13

There is seriously nothing to weigh on creationism, there is no debate to have between evolution and creationism simply because they have nothing to do with each other.

Evolution is quantifiable, creationism is not. Experimentation can be applied to evolution, not the case for creationism. Furthermore evolution is scientific theory which is on it's way to graduating to scientific law, creationism isn't even a valid hypothesis.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:39:39

At 2/21/13 03:36 PM, Jester wrote:
That statement is more ridiculous than any religious debate could be.

I don't know. Seems to be going pretty well, so far. Guess it wasn't that ridiculous after all.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:41:17

I do have intent on getting a civilized debate going,

No you don't

Also the title is a red harring, people can believe in creation and evolution even if it doesn't make sense, that's why it's called a personal belief.

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:43:59

What the fuck is the point on debating something as stupid as creationism.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:49:53

I recommend you remake this thread in Politics. The majority of responses here will be along the lines of:

"Hurr durr, religion is dumb, evolution! +1"

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9

"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:51:37

I don't believe that any theories on this topic have been proven. I don't believe the majority of people accepting something as the fact makes it true. Eventually another answer will come along that people will cling on to. The good thing is that people will continue to keep themselves open to accept new theories and new evidence. The bad thing is most people will fight to protect the past standing in the way of progress.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:53:22

I do not believe in evolution. I understand why it's true, though. However, if someone thinks they can budge me or other people that understand why evolution is true I am opening the forum here.

Same here. I believe the Earth was created. I'm not sure how it was created, but it was.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:53:31

Darwin was (probably) a freemason. Enough said.

Don't want to trigger any flame war bomb here,I'm just kidding

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 15:58:30

At 2/21/13 03:56 PM, Entice wrote:
At 2/21/13 03:53 PM, Jester wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Et1qBCnv3c
Wow, that youtube video sure proved me wrong.

My point wasn't that you were wrong, it was that the OP's polite and unbiased debate wasn't very polite or unbiased. Frankly you were the most polite and unbiased of those I quoted.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:04:07

I believe in evolution, because I find it hard to believe in creation. I'm not a religious person, but I'm not anti-religious either, I just find the concept of things becoming something without being developed to become something hard to embrace. It seems the same thing applies to everything, even ourselves growing up, or computers, or plants, or basically everything out there.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:05:03

http://icr.org

learn yourselves

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:06:17

At 2/21/13 03:56 PM, Entice wrote:
Just face it. Sometimes there's enough scientific evidence to completely rule out a certain belief from a logical standpoint, and creationism is one of them. I'm not being antagonistic I'm being 100% honest. If someone gets upset about it it's only because I've challenged their worldview and they don't want to reconsider it.

The idea that the Earth was created by some being instead of just a random event is a possibility but the exact story from the bible could easily be proven false and it has been.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:10:21

I believe in the evolution of creationism.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:14:15

The myth of creation as an argument to contradict Evolution is fallacious in the way it is most often taught. Creationism is the humanistic spiritual representation of the life of one individual, a tale passed on from generation to generation to help youth understand the consequences of their actions and the origin of their lives through the mother, father, and their ancestral line. The ideal approach to understanding the probability that life on Earth was created by a Higher Being is to separate it from your knowledge that you and your siblings were created through the love of your parents. Evolution is just one small component of the path your constituent particles have taken throughout the journey from the birth of the Sun to the present day. Accept that those beliefs are different, and that their seeming contradictions are a factor of your interpretation. You may begin to understand the grandiosity of this universe, and the divinity of nirvana.

- hyperboddhisatva128

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:15:24

At 2/21/13 03:31 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: First off, I understand why a mod would want to lock this thread. I hope it doesn't come to that. This type of thread can become a shitstorm and full of arguing and stupidity.

However, I was wanting to weigh some arguments between the two. One a belief, the other a truth with scientific evidence.

There is no debate to be had, even by your own admission. The theory of evolution is not a 'theory' in the more commonly used sense, but this word theory refers to it as a commonly understood truth substantiated by evidence, neigh, proof, of its functions (i.e. the theory of gravity which we all observe, but not like string theory which is one of many proposed theories to explain things).

To not believe in gravity and believe something like creationism just because you do is outrageous. What if you were born in the middle east, will you admit that would more likely make you Muslim? What if you were born in China, would you follow their religions instead? Religion is a belief, and that is why there can be no arguments. You cannot argue with someone who does not think using logic.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:20:11

Guys I swear to god, I'm publishing a Scientific theory this month that would just blow this debate to pieces. Seriously, I've been intensely studying the relationship between symmetry and the origin of life for 2 years now. I'm pretty obsessed with it.
I wanna post it so bad, but I know I can not :(

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:22:50

At 2/21/13 04:20 PM, 372 wrote: Guys I swear to god, I'm publishing a Scientific theory this month that would just blow this debate to pieces. Seriously, I've been intensely studying the relationship between symmetry and the origin of life for 2 years now. I'm pretty obsessed with it.

So evolutionary significance of radial, bilateral, penta-radial, and asymmetrical body structures?

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:27:30

At 2/21/13 04:22 PM, Saen wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:20 PM, 372 wrote: Guys I swear to god, I'm publishing a Scientific theory this month that would just blow this debate to pieces. Seriously, I've been intensely studying the relationship between symmetry and the origin of life for 2 years now. I'm pretty obsessed with it.
So evolutionary significance of radial, bilateral, penta-radial, and asymmetrical body structures?

Yes. Exactly. I've dissected its relevance down to the mechanisms of cyanobacteria. Maybe further. But that is all I can say for now.
I see you are a studying biology. We're gonna get along very well.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:32:13

The most compelling argument I've ever heard AGAINST evolution is that God hid fossils just to fuck with us. That's why Evolution is definitely true.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:35:38

I'd just like to add that saying the Earth is created makes you just as fucking stupid as the people who think that the Earth is flat. Evolution is a tried and proven theory, Creationism is Stone Age bullshit.

Like the Bible

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:36:34

At 2/21/13 04:32 PM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:27 PM, 372 wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:22 PM, Saen wrote: So evolutionary significance of radial, bilateral, penta-radial, and asymmetrical body structures?
I've dissected its relevance down to the mechanisms of cyanobacteria. Maybe further. But that is all I can say for now.
So, nothing new or earth shattering.

Haha, yeah dude. I'm sure you can dismiss my work by those 4 sentences I wrote, you must be a pretty smart guy.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:42:08

At 2/21/13 04:32 PM, Suprememessage wrote: The most compelling argument I've ever heard AGAINST evolution is that God hid fossils just to fuck with us. That's why Evolution is definitely true.

Ever heard a creationist mention gaps in the fossil record or things that have not yet been explained (e.g. exactly how the first life-forms came to be)? They seem to think a few minor things that aren't yet known rule out a theory completely.

Because everything in the book of Genesis is perfectly sound and explained, right?

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:50:32

At 2/21/13 04:39 PM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:36 PM, 372 wrote: Haha, yeah dude. I'm sure you can dismiss my work by those 4 sentences I wrote, you must be a pretty smart guy.
Post the abstract.

Well you see it's still in the works. I'm only a student, I'm hoping to get access to lab resources by then end of April. Not to mention, I don't know of any scientist who goes revealing their ideas and discoveries before publication for no reason..

At 2/21/13 04:40 PM, Entice wrote:
"I just wrote a paper that will completely change our understanding of evolution as we know it, but I can't show it to anyone."

Seems legit.

who did you quote that from...?

You can not believe me if you want, I don't really know what to tell you guys. Just wait a little, you can call me out in like 4 months. If I don't get approved for further research then there won't really be any harm in telling you.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:58:29

I think God created evolution.

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 16:58:39

At 2/21/13 04:36 PM, 372 wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:32 PM, Trillionaire wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:27 PM, 372 wrote:
At 2/21/13 04:22 PM, Saen wrote: So evolutionary significance of radial, bilateral, penta-radial, and asymmetrical body structures?
I've dissected its relevance down to the mechanisms of cyanobacteria. Maybe further. But that is all I can say for now.
So, nothing new or earth shattering.
Haha, yeah dude. I'm sure you can dismiss my work by those 4 sentences I wrote, you must be a pretty smart guy.

Just because humans can't understand their evolutionary significance doesn't mean there isn't any significance.

BBS Signature

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 17:01:35

At 2/21/13 04:58 PM, Suprememessage wrote:

Just because humans can't understand their evolutionary significance doesn't mean there isn't any significance.

Wh...what? What are you talking about? Who said it's beyond human comprehension? I'm just gonna opt out of this conversation because not being able to share my thoughts is killing me

you never know where a Crick and Watson are hiding....

Response to Creation vs Evolution 2013-02-21 17:13:24

The bible is stories, if you do your research, there's multiple other stories of Moses and the flood, and even Jesus. We are all God. We have the power to create, give, and take away life. We are Gods of ourselves

Feet don't fail me now, take me to the finish line