00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Panicpop's New Shirt

942 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-17 20:56:00

Ok first off, I'm not looking for people to buy this, I'm looking for feedback. And yes I was given the right to post the models photo below. I asked her.
This is my very first shirt design that hit ANY store. I've tried calling hottopic, zumiez, spencers and others(not for the design)
they were pretty rude and found no interest in my character.
Panicpop.com was nice enough to work/partner up with me. Leaving me with some hope. ^__^
---
Together we came up with THIS http://shop.panicpop.com/all/geekinout
Character design is all copyright to me. Honestly I think the shirt looks really nice. But I would love to hear what others have to say about it. Feedback is key in my book, specially for future projects.
---
So what do you all think of it?? Cute? Stylish? Bad? To bright? lol

Panicpop's New Shirt

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-17 21:16:09

First, I commend you for your persistence in getting your ideas out there. Second, I think it is a cute simple design. Very clean and has an expression that speaks for itself.

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-17 22:16:02

At 2/17/13 09:16 PM, gayhobbit wrote: First, I commend you for your persistence in getting your ideas out there. Second, I think it is a cute simple design. Very clean and has an expression that speaks for itself.

Thanks! for both compliments!! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 02:01:08

Honestly, it seems rather boring to me. It's just a cat wearing glasses. The cat has absolutely no character or personality, it doesn't even have an iris/pupil. And the tongue sticking out looks unnatural.

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 03:41:13

Tha k you for your honesty ^__^

At 2/18/13 02:01 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Honestly, it seems rather boring to me. It's just a cat wearing glasses. The cat has absolutely no character or personality, it doesn't even have an iris/pupil. And the tongue sticking out looks unnatural.

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 09:21:03

lines are too thin, poor readability/boring concept

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 10:00:15

I personally like it. But I do agree with what the others say. It doesn't really stand out as much as it should. It needs to grab attention. It's easily fixed, like what Templates said, the lines are too thin, add some bolder lines. I'd recommend just starting from scratch. draw out a few concept ideas and post here for feedback.

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 11:53:07

Thanks!

At 2/18/13 09:21 AM, Template88 wrote: lines are too thin, poor readability/boring concept

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 11:56:41

At 2/18/13 11:53 AM, TechLeSSWaYz wrote: Thanks!

At 2/18/13 09:21 AM, Template88 wrote: lines are too thin, poor readability/boring concept

Im sorry i couldnt offer you something more positive.

How did you make this shirt anyways? 3rd party or iron on or somethin?

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 12:21:10

How it's executed looks fine to me, but the concept looks too hipstery for me. Like, "Hey I'm wearing huge glasses with thick-rims, now I'm totally a geek! lololo like totally a dork. gurrll gamerz!"(okay the last part not so much, but you probably get my point)
I'd like to see any other designs you have though.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 13:32:53

I remember your previous thread and although I think your current design is not bad, the way the cat in the previous version actually freaked / geeked out looked better to me.

I googled "geekin out" too and there are some shoet designs with the same idea already, but yours is one of the better ones in my opinion. As it has been mentioned before, your designs could benefit from stronger lines.

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 13:38:54

At 2/18/13 11:56 AM, Template88 wrote:
At 2/18/13 11:53 AM, TechLeSSWaYz wrote: Thanks!

Im sorry i couldnt offer you something more positive.

How did you make this shirt anyways? 3rd party or iron on or somethin?

Positive or negative. It helps regardless :) this was 3rd party. But obviously the thin lines would be my fault considering I photoshopped it.

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 13:40:37

At 2/18/13 12:21 PM, Breaktroll wrote: How it's executed looks fine to me, but the concept looks too hipstery for me. Like, "Hey I'm wearing huge glasses with thick-rims, now I'm totally a geek! lololo like totally a dork. gurrll gamerz!"(okay the last part not so much, but you probably get my point)
I'd like to see any other designs you have though.

Yeah lol my friend told me when I finished the sketch. I didn't even know what she meant at first...

BBS Signature

Response to Panicpop's New Shirt 2013-02-18 13:45:08

At 2/18/13 01:32 PM, Luwano wrote: I remember your previous thread and although I think your current design is not bad, the way the cat in the previous version actually freaked / geeked out looked better to me.

I googled "geekin out" too and there are some shoet designs with the same idea already, but yours is one of the better ones in my opinion. As it has been mentioned before, your designs could benefit from stronger lines.

Ah! Ok! Now I remember. Counting from 3 sites, glasses won that vote. Due to hello kitty copyright, I decided to change it up a bit as you can see... Not only that, I was limited on colors. But I'm glad you like the previous(real) Meko design.

BBS Signature