00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is it legal?

2,658 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Is it legal? 2013-02-15 04:18:17

At 2/15/13 12:16 AM, Blackhole12 wrote: Holy cow guys, OP asked if it was legal (which it is), not if he should.

Yes, yes... but the problem is that OP and about 98% of Newgrounds don't make difference between presets, samples or loops.

Response to Is it legal? 2013-02-15 09:39:38

At 2/14/13 02:33 PM, ATTW7-Envy wrote:
At 2/14/13 02:30 PM, DaftLucas wrote: Hey guys! I'm working on a new project using FL studio 10 and there's something bothering me. I'm using a sample from Toxic Biohazard software but I don't know if I can use it and upload the song here on newgrounds. So guys, can I?
Presets are not illegal.
However!
I recommend strongly against using them, for the sake of improving one's sound-design abilities and general understanding of synthesis and sound modification.

shut up.

presets are there for a reason. you bought the synth, ergo you also bought those presets. why not use them? why not modify them and learn from them?
it seems like everyone views factory preset synth patches as this taboo subject which should never be spoken about.

Professional audio/visual idiot, poor excuse for a human being, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere in Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Response to Is it legal? 2013-02-15 13:26:37

At 2/15/13 09:39 AM, ChainsawPolice wrote: shut up.

That's not very nice.

presets are there for a reason. you bought the synth, ergo you also bought those presets. why not use them? why not modify them and learn from them?
it seems like everyone views factory preset synth patches as this taboo subject which should never be spoken about.

I never said they were bad, or that it's bad to use them or learn from them. I did that a lot myself.
When I was first getting into synths, though, I fell into a habit of using presets way too often, and suffered in the long run.

Plus, most people on NG use FL Studio, and the FL Studio presets have a very distinct sound, which is looked upon by the general public as a bad sound.

BBS Signature