00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PuffyBussie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over

3,135 Views | 49 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-16 15:11:25

At 2/13/13 06:19 AM, kmau wrote: I don't get it. ... plus pissing off fans and your own employees?

EXACTLY

My favorite color is dinosaur muffins.

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-17 01:22:33

I can see a 1000 petitions being made as we speak. Rayman fans don't fuck around (Not really they just bitch a lot like any other fan).

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-17 01:25:34

I played Rayman for GBA once. It was... OK. :/

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-18 08:17:52

At 2/17/13 01:25 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I played Rayman for GBA once. It was... OK. :/

The handheld versions are just "we have to have it on every platform" bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-18 08:30:16

At 2/18/13 08:17 AM, kmau wrote: The handheld versions are just "we have to have it on every platform" bullshit.

So only the handheld versions are ports for profit? I guess I should try playing the original.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-18 11:58:14

Not to be a dick... but I kinda wanted to see the peeyew fail in every conceivable way.

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-18 18:18:41

At 2/10/13 06:43 PM, NinjaCube wrote:
At 2/10/13 06:40 PM, mandog wrote:
At 2/10/13 06:39 PM, NinjaCube wrote:
At 2/10/13 06:28 PM, mandog wrote: I am a big Rayman fan, but I don't give a shit when its released, you are coming from the wrong angle.
Yeah, but it's not like it's delayed because it needs polishing. It's already done.
How do you know that?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-08-rayman-legends-
dev-pissed-at-ubisoft-for-delay-after-completing-wii-u-versi on-blames-men-in-ties

The developers should just refuse to show up to work on the other console versions. This controversy is bad on both ends. Consumers bought the Wii U for Rayman Legends, and the game is already done and ready to be played; why not release it? Delaying it will not only piss off fans, but it's a good way to waste resources, time and money, trying to make a multi-platform version. This is bad, bad, bad on ALL ends, and no one is going to win from this news. Bayonetta 2 being on the Wii U is a SMART move, but this...This is just bad...Considering Bayonetta would have been dead, had it not been for the switch to the Wii U (which will attract hardcore fans of Bayonetta to the Wii U when originally they wouldn't have been, especially considering the Wii U is adopting more games dedicated to the hardcore audience), when Rayman Legends is delayed just to have a pissing contest with Rockstar, EA, and God knows whoever else, it just shows stupidity.

I would at least make the 360 and PS3 versions as shitty as shitty can be just to spite my bosses; when my team was ready to ship a game, only to have it be delayed. I can only imagine how pissed the Rayman Legends devs are right now; forcing them to work yet again on ANOTHER version of the game, and forcing them to deal with PR issues, such as publishing by Microsoft and Sony, wasting money on licensing fees, network fees for online play using Xbox Live and PSN, and God knows whatever other expenses. Ubisoft; you're drumb. Go back to school.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-19 08:30:24

Some digging-around revealed to me that Microsoft reserves the right to demand that a multiplatform title that releases on the XBox 360 has to release simultaneously on other platform versions.

Ubisoft probably could've worked out some contract that allowed Legends to still be released in Feb but they didn't bother, instead accepting a way worse release window.

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-19 09:38:36

Thinking about it, Wii U doesn't have many (good) as far as I know, so it is a logical that the fans are pissed off. I'm still against this immature behavior but just saying.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-19 10:01:10

At 2/19/13 09:38 AM, tonypar16 wrote: Thinking about it, Wii U doesn't have many (good) as far as I know

That's why releasing the Wii U version now would be the most rational thing to do.

I'm still against this immature behavior but just saying.

All this immature behavior raised awareness and tickled a response out of Ubisoft although I feel like its usefulness is coming to an end - It seems kinda pointless now.

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-19 14:29:41

At 2/19/13 10:01 AM, kmau wrote:
At 2/19/13 09:38 AM, tonypar16 wrote: Thinking about it, Wii U doesn't have many (good) as far as I know
That's why releasing the Wii U version now would be the most rational thing to do.

I'm still against this immature behavior but just saying.
All this immature behavior raised awareness and tickled a response out of Ubisoft although I feel like its usefulness is coming to an end - It seems kinda pointless now.

Well, Ubisoft can deal with the legions of pissed off fans who won't buy their products anymore if that's the case. If I were a Rayman fan, I would stop playing Ubisoft games PERIOD after this went down.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-19 14:35:50

Well, they also screwed nintendo over.
I heard the wiiU got under 100,000 sells last month.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-02-19 17:55:03

who cares the Wii U is SHIT.

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-04-01 07:15:24

At 2/19/13 05:55 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: who cares the Wii U is SHIT.

<sarcasm>
Wow you really got me, you are such a good troll.
</sarcasm>

My favorite color is dinosaur muffins.

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-04-01 09:26:45

At 2/17/13 01:22 AM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: I can see a 1000 petitions being made as we speak. Rayman fans don't fuck around (Not really they just bitch a lot like any other fan).

You got that fucking right, who wants to fucking challenge me! I wank over this series, it's the shit! Nah we're not all like that, i'm pissed obviously, but you know Wii U users are getting another demo for multiplayer this month and apparently we're getting some exclusive shit as a way of saying sorry.

You're right about us not fucking around though.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-04-01 09:29:10

Well, Ubisoft can deal with the legions of pissed off fans who won't buy their products anymore if that's the case. If I were a Rayman fan, I would stop playing Ubisoft games PERIOD after this went down.

No, that's were you are wrong. Ubisoft makes good games, but let's not stop playing their games games because or a dumb decision, I'm a massive rayman fan, he was the first game character i cared about and is fucking awesome, so I would wait as long as the return of Jesus to play a new Rayman game because they are awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-04-01 09:30:35

At 2/10/13 08:37 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: GTA 5 got delayed as well, this happens all the time.

But GTA 5 needs some work done on it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-04-01 09:35:34

:Splinter Cell etc). I also agree with all this anger and think it's normal, but I wouldn't approve actions like that. If you want to be taken seriously,be serious.
Give splinter cell a break, they have had some great games and it is still a good series.

BBS Signature

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-04-03 20:33:11

OK wow

Response to Ubisoft Screws Everybody Over 2013-04-04 03:44:39

At 2/9/13 11:14 PM, NinjaCube wrote: No, it's pretty bad business move too. They've decided to exchange capitalizing on the drought of games for the Wii U right now and are now pushing for September to compete with GTA V.

Competing with Rockstar? That's pretty funny.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature