00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty

2,839 Views | 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 22:56:51

At 2/2/13 08:55 PM, beakerboy wrote: No it wasn't :P
Sleeping Dogs is so much better

I agree that Sleeping Dogs is much better, but I still liked GTA IV.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-02 23:44:45

The problem with games like GTA is that they are always marketed towards adults and young adults, yet they still attract legions of twelve year old fan boys. These fan boys will rage at you if you say that there was a single fault in the game's creation. Don't get me wrong, I still like the GTA series, but it is far from perfect, and there are honestly games that have been done much better.

Games like this would be a bit less off-putting if you didn't always have the nagging image of some eight year old screaming into his headset about frags and broken controllers.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-03 09:15:31

Who cares about GOTY? Everyone has their own tastes in videogames and that's fine. Play and let play.. or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-03 17:07:10

Yeah, that's not happening.

Exactly! and until it does, I will remain pissed off.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-04 09:43:14

Did CNN send you?

Response to Why Is Gta V Automatically Goty 2013-02-04 09:49:09

At 1/31/13 09:10 PM, beakerboy wrote: Seriously... Look at all the other games! God of War Ascension, Metal Gear Rising Re-vengeance, Tomb Raider reboot, WATCH DOGS, Star Wars 1313, Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us, Crysis 3, Devil may Cry reboot, Bioshock Infinite, AND SO MUCH MORE!
Grand Theft Auto is a repetitive and boring promotion of violence and bad behavior in society,

You lost me here. You say it promotes violence, well I'll put it to you that God of War, Metal Gear Revengence, Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs, The Last of Us, Star Wars, Crysis 3, Devil May Cry and Bioshock are all equally, if not MORE violent than GTA.

and it single handed-Ly makes whole game industry look bad. Aside from that, I need to make my main point.

No, it doesn't Call of Duty gets controversy EVERY year. Remember, No Russian? The child getting murdered? Did you forget all of this? Not to mention the terrible community inciting hatred, racism and sexism?

How much of GTA V have we seen exactly? Two trailers? And people call it game of the year? It's fan-boy-ism. But who the fuck has the nerve to call themselves a fan of a game that promotes mindless chaos and violence and crime?

I havet heard a single person call GTA GoTY. And almost ALL AAA titles promote mindless chaos and violence.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature