00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Our Purpose?

1,155 Views | 22 Replies

Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:13:42

So a few months ago I did shrooms for the second time and took too many and started tripping so many balls my friends had to call the hospital because they couldn't calm me down. I ended up getting taken to the hospital in an ambulance, and it was the craziest ride of my life. Believe me, coming out of a shroom trip on a hospital bed has got to be one of the most fucked up feelings a person can experience.

So anyway, ever since the trip I've found it almost impossible to not think about the universe as a whole and why we are here, or why it is here. What is the point of existence? It seems to me that we are all physical beings that have a certain amount of time to exist, and all we are doing is filling that time by doing... things. There's no large mission or major task that needs to be accomplished. Even if there was something beyond us, some major truth we're supposed to discover, what could it actually be?

In order to keep myself sane, I've decided that life is simply a playground. We're here to be here so that there isn't nothing. I was just wondering what your theories are or if any of you feel any real sense of purpose.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:18:51

Being human, we can give meaning to things.
The trick is to find as many things as possible that you think are worth to give meaning to.

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:21:37

I've had similar thoughts before and came to the same conclusion as you. I don't think that there's any purpose to existence. The way I can sum it up is we just exist. There is nothing else. How you choose to act on this is up to you. Personally, I'd go for what's going to bring me the most happiness and satisfaction in life.

On another topic, damn, they shouldn't have taken you to the hospital unless there was something physically wrong with you. It probably just made you freak out more. The media has used this in the past to paint hallucinogens as dangerous (namely Salvia) even though the hospital visits weren't medically significant. It makes the perfect sensationalist headline, "The drug most parents don't know about is landing children in the hospital. Are YOUR kids next?"

Just a chick with a dick.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:25:32

At 1/29/13 06:22 PM, TurkeyBased wrote: well MY purpose is to have a flock of multiracial children
idk bout u

That would imply passing on black etnicy genes, which is not okay.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:27:36

kill kill KILL

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:29:21

At 1/29/13 06:21 PM, DickChick wrote: On another topic, damn, they shouldn't have taken you to the hospital unless there was something physically wrong with you. It probably just made you freak out more.

Yeah, they didn't realize they could have just put me in my friends room and let me chill out. Considering in the time it took me to get from my friends house to the hospital was only about 5 minutes and I calmed down about 10 minutes after I got there. They should have waited it out a little longer. Plus the bitches made me pay for the ambulance. $350 down the drain (plus the 60 bucks for the shrooms).

The only good thing that came from that night was when I hit on the hot nurse I had while trippin balls.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:45:40

At 1/29/13 06:41 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote: I got bored a while ago and made this timeline. I find the idea interesting of how insignificant everything around us is. Even our opinions are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

It's always chilling to me to read about ancient civilizations that were around for more than twice as long as the US that quickly collapsed and vanished. When you're growing up your country and its culture essentially make up your entire world, so it just seems strange that it's all going to disappear some day.

There's entire languages and religions that are completely lost to time, and ultimately humanity will be.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:48:30

Just because everyone's forgotten about something doesn't mean they aren't still being affected by it. People might forget you in 100 years, but the world will be dramatically different for you having existed in the first place.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 18:49:16

At 1/29/13 06:48 PM, LionzNTiggerz wrote: Just because everyone's forgotten about something doesn't mean they aren't still being affected by it. People might forget you in 100 years, but the world will be dramatically different for you having existed in the first place.

But what's the point if there's not enough information left to trace it back to you?

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 23:29:14

Playing God's marvelous game

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 23:30:51

There better be donuts and KFC in heaven. And unicorns.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-29 23:37:06

Life has taught me that I would be happier if I asked less questions.

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 01:57:53

what if time wasn't really long at all, like in reality 100,000,000,000,000 years was less than 5 mins inactuality, but humans have no way to perceive it at that fast, so something which is perceived as a practically meaningless milisecond or even less is stretched to humans for 100 years.

i thought about this a few months back.

filler text

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 02:14:59

There's no purpose, really.

We're born, we die, and there's a lot of padding in between.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 03:37:53

There's no meaning in life, except living it. Which is kind of a stupid meaning.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 07:42:53

our purpose is to survive and to discover our true purpose in life, which may be different from person to person.

makes perrfect sense, right?

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 07:46:55

Questions like this is far too great for us to comprehend. Leave it be, man.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 09:26:40

At 1/29/13 06:27 PM, HighWay wrote: kill kill KILL

Not another copycat killer!

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 10:12:47

Perhaps we're cells like the ones contain in our body. . . Making us part of an entity.
So really we're just fragments of some greater being. We. Can't. Ever. See. . . Because we are too small.

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 10:28:32

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet" ~ Agent Smith / The Matrix.

And with that statement I agree whole heartedly.

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 10:35:32

I think he wants us to be creative and show how awesomely amazing he is through us

BBS Signature

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 10:45:19

At 1/30/13 10:35 AM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I think he wants us to be creative and show how awesomely amazing he is through us

Let us blow shit up in order to convince people that our God is the right one.

Response to Our Purpose? 2013-01-30 10:56:03

At 1/30/13 10:45 AM, dickfag wrote: Let us blow shit up in order to convince people that our God is the right one.

Thats not of God, that's Satan's work. Gods all about Love and the devil is the complete opposite

stating the obvious

BBS Signature