00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonWolfNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How much music do you listen to?

2,859 Views | 39 Replies

How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:10:05

A day? Last.fm says I listen to an average of 40 tracks a day but I only just started counting Youtube videos a few days ago.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:11:42

idk, depends how long I'm out of the house as I always listen to stuff when I'm walking anywhere.

Otherwise I mostly just listen to the radio at work. Can't track that really.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:14:15

Back in high school I would just listen to music all day, have an ear bud in at all times, and then actually sit and listen tentatively to the music during class and during the hours at home when I wasn't doing homework. So I dunno if that really counts as 24/7 since my mind was kinda preoccupied most of the time.

| Site | Steam |

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:30:16

i have 1.3 days worth of music.

i guess i listen to that.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:36:28

About 3 songs a day.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:37:47

A lot. I listen to whole albums all the way through. Maybe two or three depending on length.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:38:30

At 1/26/13 11:36 PM, Xenomit wrote: How much air do you breath

Too much.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:40:17

At 1/26/13 11:39 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 1/26/13 11:38 PM, TheColourAwesome2 wrote:
At 1/26/13 11:36 PM, Xenomit wrote: How much air do you breath
Too much.
Then that's how much music I listen too

Furry Rave music? Got a lastfm?

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:41:02

According to Last.fm, I listen to an average of 74 tracks a day. But my iPod doesn't scrobble, so suppose I listen to a tad more than that.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:43:14

I always have something in the background. I have a few playlists of different genres lasting from 12-72 hours. I don't have anything when I'm out and about though, so I guess you can subtract that.

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:55:08

According to last.fm I only average out at 23 tracks a day. Though I tend to turn the scrobbler off and listen to a TON of stuff without it being scrobbled to last.fm. I've actually sat and had enough music queued up on WMP to last me literally a whole day and sat listening to it or had it as background music.

I do this for reasons that I don't feel like fully explaining

Though other than that I listen to stuff on Youtube a lot. And 9 times out of 10 its stuff I have on my computer or have an actual physical copy of and I could be listening to that instead...

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:55:56

At 1/26/13 11:52 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: i listen to enough hours of music a day. it's a great system to use and i don't even have to turn my music listening into stat monitoring with last.fm

I use last.fm so I can keep track of what I listen to because a lot of what I listen to is on Youtube. Before I would just forget about it. Last.fm has a good community as well and I find more artists on it then anywhere else.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-26 23:58:32

At 1/26/13 11:55 PM, Viper50 wrote: According to last.fm I only average out at 23 tracks a day. Though I tend to turn the scrobbler off and listen to a TON of stuff without it being scrobbled to last.fm. I've actually sat and had enough music queued up on WMP to last me literally a whole day and sat listening to it or had it as background music.
I do this for reasons that I don't feel like fully explaining
Though other than that I listen to stuff on Youtube a lot. And 9 times out of 10 its stuff I have on my computer or have an actual physical copy of and I could be listening to that instead...

It is nice to turn off scrobbling sometimes. It does make me a little anxious that everything I listen to is recorded and detracts from the music experience a little. It's why vinyl seems like such a nice option to have. I missed out on a nice Rega TT on ebay for super cheap which I probably should have gone for.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:02:58

It's crazy. I've never counted. I listen to music in the shower, in the kitchen making breakfast, in the car on the way to work, at work, in the car on the way home from work, i have a playlist i only listen to on my nano when i'm lifting, and usually when i'm unwinding for sleep. I often listen to music when I'm playing video games and watching sports, too. And then there's live music which is another story...

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:05:27

At 1/26/13 11:10 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: A day? Last.fm says I listen to an average of 40 tracks a day but I only just started counting Youtube videos a few days ago.

I only listen to a few new tracks a day unless I play zune or last.fm in the background

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:09:09

At 1/26/13 11:58 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: It is nice to turn off scrobbling sometimes. It does make me a little anxious that everything I listen to is recorded and detracts from the music experience a little. It's why vinyl seems like such a nice option to have. I missed out on a nice Rega TT on ebay for super cheap which I probably should have gone for.

I've had my scrobbler off for like a day now, but thats from me being forgetful.

like I am all the time....

I originally turned it off because I was going to burn a cd for myself with Tweak Bird and King Hobo on it but I didn't want to risk accidentally playing something. Because I'm weird and have an ocd when it comes to last.fm and HAVE TO have my play count end with either a 5 or a 0 or else I flip out and try finding something that will fix my play count. I do the same with the play count for artists on there. It's why I tend to have a bunch of artists that have the same play count and some have their play counts that are MILES apart in number.
For example my number one artist is Red Fang with 2,535 plays, my second is Electric Wizard with exactly 700, and my third is Nirvana with 370.

Vinyl IS nice to have around sometimes. Granted I will admit its not very practical for "on the go" listening.

ya know....unless you somehow have a portable turn table and a ton of 45s with you.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:11:38

At 1/27/13 12:09 AM, Viper50 wrote: Vinyl IS nice to have around sometimes. Granted I will admit its not very practical for "on the go" listening.
ya know....unless you somehow have a portable turn table and a ton of 45s with you.

I don't like On The Go audio anyway. It's a distraction and will never sound as good as home audio. It's also a great way to be anti-social.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:16:15

At 1/27/13 12:11 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I don't like On The Go audio anyway. It's a distraction and will never sound as good as home audio.

Yeah but having music with you when you're walking or something is better than walking around in silence sometimes though.

It's also a great way to be anti-social.

Indeed it is haha

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:16:37

Like an hour a day usually

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:18:29

At 1/27/13 12:16 AM, Viper50 wrote:
At 1/27/13 12:11 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I don't like On The Go audio anyway. It's a distraction and will never sound as good as home audio.
Yeah but having music with you when you're walking or something is better than walking around in silence sometimes though.

Having music on a walk is pretty nice. It's like a backing track to your life. It effects your mood too.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:18:53

all of it

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:37:22

93 tracks a day ks nearly enough to cut yourself from the world for a while

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:37:44

Music is my LIFE!!!!!!!!!

wats up

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 00:43:00

Not so much anymore. I find myself recording/making music more than listening.

But I do throw on a record one every once in a while.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 01:50:19

Normally whenever I'm alone in my room. Unless I'm going to sleep or playing a video game.

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 05:03:09

according my sql database 155985 times since 2011-04-12 16:05:13

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 05:30:26

Usually over 2 or 3 hours if I use the internet for a while. I listen to my iPod on the school bus so that's just over an hour.

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 05:40:01

All day almost every day.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 08:02:02

Really just depends what I'm doing. I probably listen to most of my music when I'm sitting on the bus listening to my iPod. If I'm just browsing the internet and not on YouTube I might have music playing. Last I checked, Last.fm said I listen to an average of 22 tracks a day. That's probably not an accurate estimate though because for some reason it never scrobbles my iPod properly.

I'm listening to music right now actually. Not my usual kind of music either. I think it's considered chiptune.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to How much music do you listen to? 2013-01-27 09:00:15

I barely listen to music. The only time I do that is if I'm on the bus or something.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature