00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Castle crashers parody criticm

1,408 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 11:11:57

Hello, this is my unfinshed parody of castle crashers i Would appreciate any criticm Just no trolling assholes.

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 11:42:35

At 1/19/13 11:41 AM, Escalus wrote: It's terrible.

i concur

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 12:05:10

At 1/19/13 11:42 AM, Template88 wrote:
i concur

Iys okay i apperciate the criticm hes just a asshole heres my most recent version

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 12:48:11

whats up with the orange line overlaid over that knights face/helm?

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 13:43:24

At 1/19/13 12:43 PM, Escalus wrote:
Still terrible.

Maybe you could be so kind to utter a couple of words of criticism that could actually be useful in any way, shape or form?

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 14:04:01

At 1/19/13 11:42 AM, Template88 wrote:
i concur

Guys, this is the most useless advice. May I forward you to the critiquing tutorial, since you apparently need it?

To the OP: this drawing still feels like just a sketch, very much in progress. It'll be easier to give you a good critique when we know you've put in what you feel it needs, but in the mean time a few things to think about:

-lighting- where is your light source in this piece? put in the shadows, your midtones, and your highlights. refer to the shading tutorial if this doesn't make sense.

-atmospheric perspective- as landscapes recede in space, they lose saturation and colors shift toward the background color, usually blue.

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 15:28:03

At 1/19/13 03:11 PM, Escalus wrote: all of this is a poorly staged trolling attempt...
Good job getting sympathy from those less skeptical though.

gg getting trolled

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 15:40:46

At 1/19/13 03:11 PM, Escalus wrote: dribble

Last time I checked, this was the Art forum, not the Spelling and Grammar forum or 4chan. If you don't have anything constructive to add about the OP's ART, then don't bother posting. That goes for Template too. Keep your negativity and bitter attitudes to yourselves.

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 16:07:55

At 1/19/13 03:59 PM, Escalus wrote: more crap

Go hate the world someplace else.

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-19 19:57:05

At 1/19/13 03:11 PM, Escalus wrote: what a way to great people in your introduction
great
great

I love u escalus but this was a bit uncalled for. Plus u made a typo yourself in a post about typo's....

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to Castle crashers parody criticm 2013-01-20 00:49:51

Even though this has been largely resolved I really feel like replying to this so I'm going to.

I am very very disturbed by the unprompted maliciousness that not only kicked off this thread but has kind of been floating around the forums as of late. The first two comments were awful and made me cringe a little to read them because they were just so rude and useless. When I started out in the forum I sucked. Not only at drawing but as a functioning artist, I didn't receive criticism very well and was overall kind of a little shit to some of the users. But I kept posting and kept hanging around and eventually became a regular and eventually(er) a pretty good artist. At this point in my life I am looking at going to art school and art encompasses a massive portion of my life, and I couldn't be happier about that.

But honestly if when I posted the first Meat-Head here back in 2009 and was met with this kind of bullshit, like hell I'd stick around this place. I'd have been out of here; why would I stick around these douchebags who didn't even have enough decency to point out why my drawings (which I thought were kind of the shit) sucked? The past four years of my life could have been way different because sticking around here is why I am as good at drawing as I am today.

Escalus, Template and anyone else who in the future decides that pulling something like this on a newcomer, remember you are their first impression of what the art forum is all about to necomers, whether you like it or not. It's okay to tell someone they suck, this is Newgrounds after all and not sunshiney happy asspat land, but maybe don't be a total prick and tell them why their art sucks. Critique them.
Okay I'm done.