00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to report copyright infringing?

1,247 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

As far as I'm aware, you are legally allowed to use any audio track from the audio portal as LONG as you have the artists permission and leave a note giving all credit to the artist?

Well how do you go about reporting illegal use of audio from the audio portal? I've found a track from the portal over on youtube where the person posting it gives NO credit to the artist and is instead asking everyone to subscribe to them.

"OMFG KEG OF BREWSKI!"

Response to How to report copyright infringing? 2013-01-18 13:26:15

Well how do you go about reporting illegal use of audio from the audio portal? I've found a track from the portal over on youtube where the person posting it gives NO credit to the artist and is instead asking everyone to subscribe to them.

If they are not the same person you would have to go in YouTube and report it. Or if you don't want to deal with it inform the artist from Newgrounds that his stuff has been COMPROMISED! The red coats are coming!

Response to How to report copyright infringing? 2013-01-18 13:44:25

At 1/18/13 01:26 PM, AJtheRipper wrote:
If they are not the same person you would have to go in YouTube and report it. Or if you don't want to deal with it inform the artist from Newgrounds that his stuff has been COMPROMISED! The red coats are coming!

Contacted the artist a few weeks ago about it but have received no response and the video is still up. Is there no way to have Tom or a member of the Newgrounds team look into it?

"OMFG KEG OF BREWSKI!"

Response to How to report copyright infringing? 2013-01-18 13:47:55

If it was NG then ok, but I doubt you can do anything against a YouTube video.

Response to How to report copyright infringing? 2013-01-18 13:50:16

At 1/18/13 01:47 PM, DJDela wrote: If it was NG then ok, but I doubt you can do anything against a YouTube video.

Except maybe post the original track on the video itself, and make the owner delete it, or credit the artist.

Response to How to report copyright infringing? 2013-01-18 14:55:54

At 1/18/13 01:50 PM, DJDela wrote:
At 1/18/13 01:47 PM, DJDela wrote: If it was NG then ok, but I doubt you can do anything against a YouTube video.
Except maybe post the original track on the video itself, and make the owner delete it, or credit the artist.

It's under Creative Commons so the poster of the video is legally bound to credit the artist, and not take the work for his own.

Response to How to report copyright infringing? 2013-01-19 02:06:46

Inform the artist that someone is using his stuff. I know YouTube has tightened on there copyright policy, but I suggest talking to RampantMusik all the same.

Response to How to report copyright infringing? 2013-01-19 07:44:09

Man, if this was the chiptune scene, we'd have this guy's audio-visual arse hunted down, mocked, reported and shamed publicly within 24hrs.

Where's the sense of community? Get mad.

Well, until the magical day arrives, all you guys can do is use the report button.

Professional audio/visual idiot, poor excuse for a human being, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere in Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Response to How to report copyright infringing? 2013-01-20 12:58:58

Ok so I'll just post the link.

Someone on youtube has put JayTUKs poundcake remix up as their own and not given any credit to JayT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-N3qYY01Oc

Everyone feel free to report it on youtube as copyright infringement ;)

"OMFG KEG OF BREWSKI!"