00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted LucidShadowDreamer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Double Standards.

835 Views | 18 Replies

Double Standards. 2013-01-18 12:31:28

Yeah this has been discussed over and over, but I'm going to give you all a chance to do it with your friendly neighborhood DarkMatter.

Basically when it comes to the sexes, there are several double standards. For instance, guys who sleep around are called players, while girls who do the same are called sluts. I've heard several arguments for this from both sides. I've heard dudes say, "girls can just sleep with whoever they want they don't have to be smart or funny about it like guys do. They don't "play" they just pick and choose, and more often then not they pick some douche." Where as some girls I know say, "Girls and Guys both want sex, some say it's one more than the other but that's all on the individual, who are they to call us sluts when they glorify their bros doing the same thing?"

Another one is physical combat. Personally I couldn't fight a girl seriously but a lot of women and girls are willing to go toe to toe with men regardless of their disadvantage of strength. The problem with this is that when said women get their asses kicked after starting a fight with the wrong idiot, said idiot is most likely getting tossed in a cell, where as the woman is probably going to the hospital. More often than not the dude should go to jail, but a controversial issue regarding opposite sex violence would be this clip (which I find hilarious). let me annoy a bus driver, tell him I'll whoop him and his families ass, hit him, then complain when I get my ass knocked out. Not sure what happened, but I bet that driver lost his job because of that, not to mention probably went to jail.

The other night my friends GF got pissed off at my friend, and sped off as he was getting out of her car, caused him some injuries, nothing a man can't handle. If he did that to her, his ass would be in jail in a heartbeat, no question in my mind.

There are a lot of double standards in the world regarding the sexes alone, personally I think differences are a good thing, but while the law of the land communicates in the spirit of equality the perhaps we should realize where discrepancies need remedy. Feel free to discuss what I've already brought up or bring up other double standards you feel are relevant.

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 13:00:48

As much as I want to say she deserved it, innately I think it's such a taboo for a man to hit a woman like that.

All he needed to do was stop the bus until she got off, and if she didn't then ring the police. He has a job where he is supposed to deliver a service, he should know better than to choose to deal with a difficult customer like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 13:02:51

At 1/18/13 12:31 PM, DarkMatter wrote: For instance, guys who sleep around are called players, while girls who do the same are called sluts. I've heard several arguments for this from both sides.

This is why promiscuous men are called studs and women are called sluts. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 16:57:29

At 1/18/13 01:00 PM, Fim wrote:

All he needed to do was stop the bus until she got off, and if she didn't then ring the police. He has a job where he is supposed to deliver a service, he should know better than to choose to deal with a difficult customer like that.

I agree he fucked up. In the end it would've been way more satisfying
To not be in handcuffs while watching her get arrested. However you can't
Tell me that shit isn't funny, cuz you know if that happened to a dude it'd be a remixed meme by now
, maybe it already is.

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 18:55:20

Yea guys can walk around with shirtless with their bare hairy gut hanging out but if a woman takes her top off in public its considered a crime against decency.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 18:58:10

It's all sexism and stereotypes.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 19:19:51

At 1/18/13 06:55 PM, JBK wrote: Yea guys can walk around with shirtless with their bare hairy gut hanging out but if a woman takes her top off in public its considered a crime against decency.

Yeah that's a good one to talk about =)

There's also when girls get mad at you staring at their assets, yet them staring at the bulge is as ninja and discrete ever. When I notice it I kind of just smile to myself. In other words, guy stares at girls junk she gets offended, girl stares at guys junk he's indifferent to happy.

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 19:33:28

Possible related question: when was the last time that you went to the bank, and the person behind the desk was a male?

I ask because it seems to me, at least on the surface, that women are now preferred for a number of jobs for no reason other than being women (and by extension more friendly/trustworthy/pleasant to look at/whatever preconception applies). Maybe this is just the misperception of a frustrated job hunter, but what do you think?

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 19:53:10

At 1/18/13 07:25 PM, Provoke wrote: I always wondered what a lesbian was called when she plays around. Is she still considered a slut, or what?

Well, yea. What does preference have to do with it?

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 20:55:32

At 1/18/13 07:33 PM, Dawnslayer wrote: Possible related question: when was the last time that you went to the bank, and the person behind the desk was a male?

I ask because it seems to me, at least on the surface, that women are now preferred for a number of jobs for no reason other than being women (and by extension more friendly/trustworthy/pleasant to look at/whatever preconception applies). Maybe this is just the misperception of a frustrated job hunter, but what do you think?

Females generally work register at fast food jobs. At mine it's rare for more than one dude to be up front at any given time I used to get upset that if I checked my messages and get yelled at but they kind of linger on their phones for minutes at a time. It's become the nature of the beast

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 21:07:14

stop reinforcing the standards then

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 21:07:49

At 1/18/13 07:33 PM, Dawnslayer wrote: Possible related question: when was the last time that you went to the bank, and the person behind the desk was a male?

And when you need speak to a bank manager and get brought to them by the female cashier, when was the last time the bank manager was a woman?

There are a lot of double standards about yes. The sex one annoys me endlessly because women cannot win either way there. You get put down for sleeping with too many guys but then you also get put down for not sleeping with enough guys. And that just makes no sense really. But its what happens.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 21:14:01

At 1/18/13 07:19 PM, DarkMatter wrote:
At 1/18/13 06:55 PM, JBK wrote: Yea guys can walk around with shirtless with their bare hairy gut hanging out but if a woman takes her top off in public its considered a crime against decency.
Yeah that's a good one to talk about =)

And on the other side. Women are allowed to flash their boobs in some settings but men are never allowed to whip their junk out.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 22:02:00

At 1/18/13 09:07 PM, Gagsy wrote:

And when you need speak to a bank manager and get brought to them by the female cashier, when was the last time the bank manager was a woman?

There are a lot of double standards about yes. The sex one annoys me endlessly because women cannot win either way there. You get put down for sleeping with too many guys but then you also get put down for not sleeping with enough guys. And that just makes no sense really. But its what happens.

You never hear of any male using their body in such a way, I wouldn't expect males to simply not do it but I do think that people tend to look at a female high up and say "slept her way up there" but looking at the same level male won't insinuate such things.

Looking at it on the side of some power dick who would make someone have sex with him for a job, would you think such a person even if they were into males would ever request the same thing of the male? Or would they simply not look at that side since it isn't popular. Also if a female is in charge do you think they would have a lower chance of being power cunts who would have men or women have sex with them for the job? Or is it really just the male demanding female sex which the world would have people believe.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-18 23:57:36

Double standards suck big time.

In my home my mother told my brothers if a female hits you, you hit them back. If they can put their hands on you then they can get it as well. however if a female is running her mouth and won't shut up or is just being annoying just ignore her or get away from her.

Sadly society in these cases would side with the female in cases like that even if she threw the first punch.

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-19 00:58:18

I've seen this video before, and I give that man kudos for uppercutting that bitch. She deserved it. She was talking some serious shit, and If I'm not mistaking, she spit on him. He had every right to hit her. I personally wouldn't hit a women, but that's just MY thing. Then she has the audacity for saying "You're going to jail". I bet he did go to jail. It's fucked up. I've seen a friend of mine get the shit kicked out of him by a girl, because he didn't want to hit her back. If my friend called the police, the girl that was beating him up wouldn't get in trouble. If it was the other way around, he would get in some serious trouble. That's just how it is I guess.

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-19 03:07:13

At 1/19/13 12:58 AM, Jeffyx wrote: I've seen this video before, and I give that man kudos for uppercutting that bitch. She deserved it. She was talking some serious shit, and If I'm not mistaking, she spit on him. He had every right to hit her.

I tend to agree, but like you said there's a degree of honor involved with not hitting women, besides laws are just words.
The bitch in the video, right before she gets hit, says, "lets do this n****" twice. Deserve isn't really a question at this point because most sane people avoid situations like that rather than instigate them.

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-19 12:51:09

I dont have a problem with sluts. I have a problem with gold digging whores who jump relationship to relationship.

Response to Double Standards. 2013-01-19 14:41:41

At 1/19/13 12:51 PM, Richard wrote: I dont have a problem with sluts. I have a problem with gold digging whores who jump relationship to relationship.

interesting you mention that. How many dudes are accused of gold digging? There's Lex Luther in Superman Returns, but it seems to be stereotypically a female "thing". What was that one movie with Weever and Love Hewitt, I thought it was funny but it was about how they basically took advantage of rich dudes.

Maybe they should make a hollywood movie where the dudes are the gold diggers.