00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Goku vs Superman

5,595 Views | 55 Replies

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 14:40:30

At 1/11/13 02:34 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: He was taken down afterwards due to Darkseid's technology crippling him in agony, but then Lex Luthor stepped in and saved the day, wearing a suit, like a boss. So if they had to chose between Lex and Superman, then it would be Lex.

Soooo, Lex vs. Goku?

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 14:46:13

At 1/11/13 02:40 PM, SmartyPants wrote:
At 1/11/13 02:34 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: He was taken down afterwards due to Darkseid's technology crippling him in agony, but then Lex Luthor stepped in and saved the day, wearing a suit, like a boss. So if they had to chose between Lex and Superman, then it would be Lex.
Soooo, Lex vs. Goku?

Would have to go with Lex.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 14:47:43

At 1/11/13 02:32 PM, II2none wrote:

I don't see where I'm taking goku's lost seriously considering I just typed DEAL WITH IT but okay. And btw DEATH BATTLE does takes the fights seriously using factual fiction from their original sources to get the fairest outcome possible. So yeah you can debate all you want but a fight like this is set in stone, unless Akira continues the DBZ series and we start having SSJ 10's or some nonsense.

Except nothing really is set in stone.

As long the debate goes on, nothing will ever be resolved. Pre-Crisis Superman would win for sure, but for the current incarnation, the inconsistencies in regards to his powers in the comic is the reason it will go on. Not much anybody can do about it unless the writers and Toriyama teams up and draw their own conclusions that they would agree with. That would nice if it happens but what can you do?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 14:50:05

At 1/11/13 02:46 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:

Would have to go with Lex.

Yeah, why not?

Then there is the Alexander Luthor from Earth-3 but he was shot in the face so...

Why not Emoboy Prime? He punches through reality and breaks the fourth wall, gotta give him that.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 15:03:46

It wasn't really fair since the measured Goku before his ACTUAL peak in the series.

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 15:18:41

Goku would clearly win.

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out

You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism

Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 15:46:21

Superman kills Goku without even trying.

Goku vs Superman

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 15:50:35

At 1/11/13 03:46 PM, TheKlown wrote: Superman kills Goku without even trying.

You really need to do more than just posting one line just to bump up your thread. The statistic wouldn't change th fact that current Superman could get knocked out by a freaking building which actually happened in the comic. If that aspect of Superman gets taken advantage by Goku, you get a different result.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 15:51:36

Superman has no limits if you go by different versions of the Character. Go by any version of Goku and he'll always have limits!

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 15:57:06

At 1/11/13 03:51 PM, TheKlown wrote: Superman has no limits if you go by different versions of the Character. Go by any version of Goku and he'll always have limits!

The first Superman from 1938 can get knocked out by a artillery shell, so much for no limits. If you want Superman to win you go with Silver Age incarnation.

The current Superman even without the kryptonite has limits as his feats are done in max capacity, when it comes to the fight, the results are underwhelming and disappointing. The same Superman who can travel into the black hole and yet he still gets knocked out by a building.

That's why I believe it's more of a toss up depending on which side of Superman shows up.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 16:02:37

At 1/11/13 12:12 PM, DevourerJay wrote: I found this image on a website and I saved it... FINALLY I get a chance to use it... lol.

Goku Wins...

You should watch the video...they address this in the first 5 mins

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 16:11:00

Seeing that is topic is relevant, there is Pre-Crisis Superman going up against a Marvel villian with a Infinity Gauntlet. As the commenter said, anyone with the gauntlet could pull it off against Pre-Crisis Superman, still how many could go up against that (aside from Living Tribunal and One Above All aka Stan Lee)?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 16:31:08

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 16:37:05

At 1/11/13 04:31 PM, TheKlown wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vliR5WkdD4

As I said, at least post something more than just one line if you're going to try to have a debate. Anyone could have twist the whole thing when it comes to posting videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlq-QjS7XWw

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 17:11:48

Look. They're both super fast, but Goku trumps it with Instant Transmission.
They're both super strong, but Goku has fought and defeated entities that have the destructive force to destroy entire planets. When you have the ability to completely disintegrate MASSIVE CELESTIAL BODIES, it kinda trumps noble Clark Kents spectrum of punchiness.
They're both durable as all hell, but you don't need Kryptonite to kill Superman, as I've pointed out before with Doomsday. If shit hit the fan, Goku could even pop a sensu bean...but beyond that, he has multiple different ways he can amplify/multiply his strength...Superman is limited comparatively.

Even with projectiles, Supes has Ice Breath and Laser Vision. The ice breath would be a mild inconvenience, though the eye beams might be pretty good. Still, Superman has been seen to succumb to laser technology constructed by MANKIND. The Androids gave Goku a kinda-sort of hard time, but only because he had a heart virus (which he recovered from). No technology seems to even phase a Saiyan anymore...and the idea of Lex in a power suit making a difference against a Saiyan is kinda laughable...that would be like strapping a jet pack to Mr. Satan.

Point is, all signs would point to Goku being the winner.

...but I'm not gonna pull the cop-out "ughh, they're fictional characters, you can debate until you're blue in the face, wahhh" card...but I WILL suggest that both characters are the epitome of honor and good will and their respective universes. They would be more likely to team up against a greater evil than they would fight each other.

......Having said that....I still totally want to see an animation of them fighting, but done well. That would be amazing.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 19:02:52

At 1/11/13 05:37 PM, zag wrote: Stop making this fucking thread... u.u

It's going to keep happening until somebody makes a canonical showdown.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 19:11:28

Goku wins, end of story.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 19:41:02

At 1/11/13 07:08 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 1/11/13 02:40 PM, SmartyPants wrote:
Soooo, Lex vs. Goku?
That would be very interesting. Goku doesn't have a weakness like Superman does, but Goku is also a fucking idiot and Lex could go off of that. Most people don't understand just how unintelligent Goku is outside of fighting.

Also I really don't think Emoboy Prime would need to exert that much effort either. SB Prime may have been an annoying douche but when it comes to the fact that he can punch through dimension, that tells you something.

Too bad he'll be remembered for that hilariously bad dialogue though.

I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH!!!

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 19:52:48

At 1/11/13 12:12 PM, DevourerJay wrote: I found this image on a website and I saved it... FINALLY I get a chance to use it... lol.

Goku Wins...

My god that's funny, also sup nig. How have you been?

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 19:52:52

Goku dies, so what?
They'll just wish him back and he'll be stronger than Superman.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 20:11:38

I love when Goku explodes.

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 20:18:26

At 1/11/13 08:11 PM, momijirabbit wrote: I love when Goku explodes

That's what he gets for hogging the buffet for himself, it's going to happen sooner or later and people tried to warn him. Being the fat bastard he is, he wouldn't listen and now look what happened.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-11 20:47:33

At 1/11/13 07:52 PM, Boomstick wrote: Goku dies, so what?
They'll just wish him back and he'll be stronger than Superman.

How could they not include that?

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-12 14:55:03

At 1/11/13 03:50 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 1/11/13 03:46 PM, TheKlown wrote: Superman kills Goku without even trying.
You really need to do more than just posting one line just to bump up your thread. The statistic wouldn't change th fact that current Superman could get knocked out by a freaking building which actually happened in the comic. If that aspect of Superman gets taken advantage by Goku, you get a different result.

Dude did you even watch the part where they compare supermans strength and abilities to goku? Goku didn't stand a chance superman is just too powerful. you can keep bringing that up but I doubt it was the building itself that knocked him out. Not to mention the media has to nerf him for suspense otherwise there's no tension cause superman is just that powerful. Superman is a terrible superhero but you can't deny his strength there's no getting around it.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-12 15:43:50

At 1/12/13 02:55 PM, II2none wrote:

Dude did you even watch the part where they compare supermans strength and abilities to goku? Goku didn't stand a chance superman is just too powerful. you can keep bringing that up but I doubt it was the building itself that knocked him out.

Actually it was.

On the cartoon series he was nerfed but when it comes to the comic books, there wasn't much excuse even if you factor in all the retcons that have been made.

He even gets knocked out by crashing into the moon and he wasn't even knocked by someone either.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goku vs Superman 2013-01-12 16:00:33

At 1/11/13 02:34 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: As Superman once commented to Darkseid, his problem is that he feels like he is living in a cardboard box where he can't allow himself to cut loose even for one second or someone could die. But he knows Darkseid can take it, then smashes him in the face through the town.

He was taken down afterwards due to Darkseid's technology crippling him in agony, but then Lex Luthor stepped in and saved the day, wearing a suit, like a boss. So if they had to chose between Lex and Superman, then it would be Lex.

I like Goku's attitude more but I'm sure he isn't the strongest Saiyan? Then again the fusion technique might be cheating.

What about during a full moon? Could be edgy for Superman!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature