00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lukerevenant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reviews Rating

999 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Reviews Rating 2012-12-22 07:26:21

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum, but I think review ratings should affect the overall rating of the audio? You know? When someone rate the song in their review, it doesn't affect the actual rating itself.

Hi! - I make music as a hobby. I also like anime and video games :3

BBS Signature

Response to Reviews Rating 2012-12-23 10:39:00

ah fuck...so you're saying when by example I rated a song 4 star or 5...and then sicne I thought it didn't affect the overall rating I voted again on the 1 to 5 eating, I gave it twice the rating?!?

Response to Reviews Rating 2012-12-23 11:06:35

At 12/22/12 07:51 AM, Corbetto wrote:
At 12/22/12 07:26 AM, kopacetic wrote: I think review ratings should affect the overall rating of the audio? You know?
... They do.

When someone rate the song in their review, it doesn't affect the actual rating itself.
... It does.

They don't.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Reviews Rating 2012-12-23 11:41:10

I know that artists are BIG feedback freaks, me included, but you should focus more on making music than ratings, 0-bombing, hateful reviews...etc.

Response to Reviews Rating 2012-12-24 09:07:35

The rating in the review does not affect the score that's true, but why should it?
Does that mean you should be able to double vote: Both in the review and an ordinary vote?
Should you only be allowed to vote when you leave a review?
Or would there still be an option to vote anonymously?

Personally I like the system as it is. I think voting should always remain anonymously, because anonymous voting is what all fair systems are based on (like democracy).
Some people however like to give and/or receive feedback on the work here. That should be allowed to, because I think it's great if everyone can share their opinion if they want. The stars that come with the reviews are just a nice indication, nothing more.

I think this topic might better fit the zerovoting and exposure thread

BBS Signature

Response to Reviews Rating 2012-12-25 08:11:42

Me, personally, I hate the rating system. Why? There are trolls out there that would rate music 0 out of 5 even though the music is pretty decent and doesn't deserve a zero. Ratings tell whether they're improving or not. I just think that the rating in the review should count towards the overall rating because why even bother having it if it doesn't count towards the actual rating.

Hi! - I make music as a hobby. I also like anime and video games :3

BBS Signature