Be a Supporter!

.Swf to .mov... Why?

  • 738 Views
  • 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Phable
Phable
  • Member since: May. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
.Swf to .mov... Why? Dec. 19th, 2012 @ 07:33 PM Reply

I'm trying to convert my .swf to an .mov file but nothing seems to give me the quality I want... I've seen flash videos on youtube that look amazing and I just don't understand how that quality is achieved. My video always ends up slightly laggy which makes my lip-synching look terrible.

I've exported .mov's from Flash CS6 and they all look produce the lag. (I've tried every compression)
I've downloaded Moyea and I didn't get lag but the quality just looks like shit.
I've tried Camtasia studio and that looked and sounded like shit.

I just don't get it. There has to be a proper way to do this.

I'm also using a V-Cam so I can't do the image sequence/audio file trick.

Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to .Swf to .mov... Why? Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 02:12 AM Reply

If you download a demo of Premier Elements or After Effects, then you can import the SWF into there and output a mov.


You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

Phable
Phable
  • Member since: May. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to .Swf to .mov... Why? Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 12/20/12 02:12 AM, Rational-Delirium wrote: If you download a demo of Premier Elements or After Effects, then you can import the SWF into there and output a mov.

Thanks for the response. I actually have the full version of both of those programs, but unfortunately, my animation uses a V-cam... which means the actionscript won't translate over to After Effects or Premiere

Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to .Swf to .mov... Why? Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 12/20/12 12:18 PM, Phable wrote: Thanks for the response. I actually have the full version of both of those programs, but unfortunately, my animation uses a V-cam... which means the actionscript won't translate over to After Effects or Premiere

Copy all of your frames, paste them into a new graphic symbol, and then place the graphic symbol on the stage and motiontween it around. I know it would take some work, but you can completely replace your v-cam this way :(


You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Member since: Jun. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Programmer
Response to .Swf to .mov... Why? Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 01:30 PM Reply

What you can do is Google "swf to mp4" (Why would you want a mov) and use a generic converter, some work well and some don't just tinker around with it until you find a good one.


If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
Phable
Phable
  • Member since: May. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to .Swf to .mov... Why? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 12/20/12 01:08 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote:
At 12/20/12 12:18 PM, Phable wrote: Thanks for the response. I actually have the full version of both of those programs, but unfortunately, my animation uses a V-cam... which means the actionscript won't translate over to After Effects or Premiere
Copy all of your frames, paste them into a new graphic symbol, and then place the graphic symbol on the stage and motiontween it around. I know it would take some work, but you can completely replace your v-cam this way :(

Is that the alternative? I suppose it would work, it just sounds really unconventional. So I would just animate everything first then, huh?

happymushroom
happymushroom
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to .Swf to .mov... Why? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 05:56 PM, Phable wrote:
At 12/20/12 01:08 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote:
At 12/20/12 12:18 PM, Phable wrote: Thanks for the response. I actually have the full version of both of those programs, but unfortunately, my animation uses a V-cam... which means the actionscript won't translate over to After Effects or Premiere
Copy all of your frames, paste them into a new graphic symbol, and then place the graphic symbol on the stage and motiontween it around. I know it would take some work, but you can completely replace your v-cam this way :(
Is that the alternative? I suppose it would work, it just sounds really unconventional. So I would just animate everything first then, huh?

there is a way easier way. use self rendering vcam http://blog.pinkandaint.com/flash-tools/
it exports a .png sequence that includes any action script effects and such. then import them into after effects and export as a .mov.


42

MrRandomist
MrRandomist
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to .Swf to .mov... Why? Mar. 20th, 2013 @ 07:00 AM Reply

use swivel:
http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-resou rces/swivel

its newgrounds video exporter, its amazing and will do just what you need!

it will however go out as a .mp4 but you can always use a converter to .mov

jonnerkass
jonnerkass
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to .Swf to .mov... Why? Sep. 26th, 2013 @ 11:49 AM Reply

At 12/19/12 07:33 PM, Phable wrote: I'm trying to convert my .swf to an .mov file but nothing seems to give me the quality I want... I've seen flash videos on youtube that look amazing and I just don't understand how that quality is achieved. My video always ends up slightly laggy which makes my lip-synching look terrible.

I've exported .mov's from Flash CS6 and they all look produce the lag. (I've tried every compression)
I've downloaded Moyea and I didn't get lag but the quality just looks like shit.
I've tried Camtasia studio and that looked and sounded like shit.

I just don't get it. There has to be a proper way to do this.

I'm also using a V-Cam so I can't do the image sequence/audio file trick.

as to convert .SWF video to FLV formats, you can try freeware Handbrake, I have tested converting a short .SWF file to a .FLV file using HandBreak. It works well on FLASH PLAYER, and Youtube. Handbrake also supports to convert video of nearly all the formats. I think it may be your best selection for video converting.