00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShadowTheHaxGod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Good Free Mmo's?

730 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-18 23:35:32

as we speak I'm downloading Dragon Nest, it looks fun and curious of any other recommendations, not just rpg's but any fps's or anything of that nature? nothing i league i dislike it

I am that long legged pissed off Puerto Rican!

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-18 23:43:05

Planetside 2, MMOFPS, actual persistent world, abilities and gear to level up, new weapons to unlock, you can even specialize into a vehicle of your choice if you so choose... wanna be a bad ass gunship pilot? Save up your cert points and get as many upgrades for the ship of your choosing. Wanna be an awesome medic? Save up your cert points and spend them on your medic gear for faster heals/revives.

It's an awesome game, I'm not much of a shooter person, but I've been playing Planetside 2 a LOT... and it's one of the few F2P games that I've ever actually subscribed to. Best part is... if you want to play totally free, you can, and you won't be penalized for it, all the guns and gear upgrades can all be acquired for free, it may take a little longer, but it's not a pay to win game. Pretty much all the cash shop only stuff is cosmetic or "get this a little bit faster" in nature.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-18 23:46:15

i was considering that, thanks for the recommendation.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-19 10:59:54

I'd say get Steam (if you don't have it already) and get Team Fortress 2.

You can lose dozens, if not hundreds of hours into this game. It's loads of fun. Also, after several years, Valve still keeps adding new content to this game on a regular basis which is pretty cool.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-19 11:26:54

I never played it, but I heard some people say that Guild Wars 2 was supposed to be good. The actual game isn't free, but there's no monthly subscription fee like in other MMOs.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-19 12:29:50

get sure they are not p2w (pay to win), those games just serve the propose of milking bad players who need to pay for broken items, power leveling and stuff in order to win. so non paying players have just limited part of the game content

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-19 13:14:46

At 12/19/12 10:59 AM, Auz wrote: I'd say get Steam (if you don't have it already) and get Team Fortress 2.

You can lose dozens, if not hundreds of hours into this game. It's loads of fun. Also, after several years, Valve still keeps adding new content to this game on a regular basis which is pretty cool.

Not to mention there's quite a lot of free to play games on steam now. Although not all of them are MMOs. But they'll be worth checking out.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-19 16:09:08

At 12/19/12 10:59 AM, Auz wrote: I'd say get Steam (if you don't have it already) and get Team Fortress 2.

I got bored real quick. No real game changing content, and the gameplay isn't real satisfying imho.

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-19 18:58:33

should of mentioned i am a whore for team fortress 2, anyone else love it like i love it?

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-19 23:20:42

Runescape. It gets laughed about a lot but it does have more of a unique gameplay style with the option to fuck about with different things other than combat. Sure they are all basically grinding but regardless it is worth the examine without being blinded by the "hur hur RS is shit" bandwagon. With that said though I don't enjoy playing it anymore and any attempts I have to return to give it a shot soon end as it bores me, but it might be your thing.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Good Free Mmo's? 2012-12-19 23:36:49

If you like Dragon Nest, maybe you would be interested in DC Universe Online. It's quite a robust action MMO; even if the meat of the game is a dungeon crawler, their is still alot you can do and explore. And I don't think the system requirements are very high either.