00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted SwitchClock supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What Compels you to Make Music?

6,082 Views | 63 Replies

Response to What Compels you to Make Music? 2012-10-29 12:33:11

At 10/29/12 12:07 PM, Thief1337 wrote: Insults and condescension.

You did not "debunk" the idea of the operational definition, and you are currently either ignoring what I'm saying or are not understanding and refusing to look up what one actually is. An operational definition is one that we agree on that is specific to the context. I've been asking you what YOU are calling an artist, what YOU are defining as an artist. So far you have blatantly refused to actually state what you think an artist is. Keep in mind, the dictionary definition I brought in, I was using as "an" operational definition. Not necessarily "the" operational definition we'll use.

As for learning to dig through things, I agree. People should know how to do that. However, in a debate, people should not NEED to dig through the fluff in order to get to the relevant stuff. Not dressing up your words in a frilly dress allows others to understand you more, and allows for a deeper analysis of the issue which is achieved in a much shorter period of time. Since you apparently want a 'deep understanding' of what music and being an artist is, I assume you can see the logic in this.

Now, as a last thing to say. Please stop the condescension. It is not conducive to a good discussion and is quite frankly offputting. I assume you would not like me to voice much of what you say with sarcasm and "oh yeah preists are totally in it for worshipping God LOL thats just like someone working at McDonalds to eat their food".

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to What Compels you to Make Music? 2012-10-29 12:40:31

At 10/29/12 12:07 PM, Thief1337 wrote: stuff not pertaining to Skye's first point

Funnily, I noticed that you did not respond to my point that religion and music are independent of each other. Am I correct in assuming that you concede this?

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to What Compels you to Make Music? 2012-10-29 12:44:11

For me, it's not just to cure the boredom, but i enjoy doing it. It's a favorite hobby of mine. After i finish a song/remix, i feel accomplished and satisfied. I enjoy it when other people like my songs/remixes, and the goal to become noticed and even have my songs/remixes make it into a game or something gives me even more energy to make music and keep on doing the best i can

BBS Signature

Response to What Compels you to Make Music? 2012-10-29 12:49:06

This thread:

What Compels you to Make Music?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature