00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gaffi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

acid pro ???

1,074 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

acid pro ??? 2012-10-08 14:05:23

hey guys a friend is thinking of gettin acid pro and asked me my opinion, personaly ive never heard of it :) anyone used it care to way in? will mostly be used for band stuff not so fussed about midi

cheers
Dave

Response to acid pro ??? 2012-10-08 16:10:26

I dont think any of us use acid pro.. I could be wrong though. I dabble in the world of Cubase, Logic, Maschine, and Garageband currently.

Response to acid pro ??? 2012-10-08 16:56:41

At 10/8/12 02:05 PM, mightymagoo wrote: hey guys a friend is thinking of gettin acid pro and asked me my opinion, personaly ive never heard of it :) anyone used it care to way in? will mostly be used for band stuff not so fussed about midi

cheers
Dave

Tell him this. If it's the program that he has the most experience with, then it's the right program for him. There really not one DAW that's better or worse than others. It always depends on how it's used.

Response to acid pro ??? 2012-10-08 21:22:37

ahh cheers i was hoping someone on here had used it.
I know he uses cubase at the moment but buys into all the criticism it seems to get for no real reason and he wont buy logic despite my input :). tbh most people have never heard of it which cant really be a sign of quality !

Response to acid pro ??? 2012-10-08 21:33:13

Acid Pro is a DAW that is now being developed by Sony. Acid uses "Acid Loops" splattered out around the screen to create music tracks. Samples can be used a heavily modified into Acid Loops. Sony also offers exclusive sample cds for Acid pro.

If you make and use samples, then by all means this is something for you. If your on the creative side with VST's and other simular software, then this is not for you.

Response to acid pro ??? 2012-10-08 22:36:07

hey thanks man, yeah i've told him to stick to cubase and im never leaving logic :D

Response to acid pro ??? 2012-10-09 20:28:25

I used to use Acid... not a big fan of it these days though.

The only reason somebody should switch DAWs is if their current one is stifling their goals. If your friend is achieving what he wants to achieve with Acid, then he should keep using it.

As for Logic Pro, I've never used it, but I'm pretty sure Swedish House Mafia do. Something to implement into your next conversation, perhaps ;)