00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

babydash65 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music Program for a beginner

1,259 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-07 22:38:49

Hey, I've been listening to electronic music for a while, and I've decided to take a chance at producing it. Can anyone tell me some good programs for producing electronic music for begginers?

Thawnks

-Cr33p3r

I LIEK RAVING

Response to Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-07 22:52:14

Here's everything you need to know:
http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/music-and-a udio-resources

For starters, you need at least one of these:

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/music-and-a udio-resources/studios-sequencers-and-composers

I recomend FL studio, reputed to be the most user friendly.

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Response to Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-08 04:27:54

I looked at that list and it appears Reaper isn't on it. Who would I have to contact to add it? I also know of another one that's not on there so this isn't simply fan-boy-ism, I think they both should be added. ^^

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-08 04:48:12

First of all, I wish you luck in your music endeavors. Secondly, I would recommend FL Studio as well as TheZaaL said..

I recomend FL studio, reputed to be the most user friendly.

And I would second his statement. Also, from my personal experience with producing programs, (which to be honest is a bit limited, Music Maker on the ps2, Audacity on my linux partition, and FL Studio) it's the best program I have worked with so far, many features, and plugins to really give you pretty much any musical feel you want.

Also giving those links a read is a pretty good jump on a bit of good info.

Ja Ne.

If you don't evolve, you'll be devoured by those that do.

Feel free to leave feedback, I shall return the favor.

K3

Response to Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-08 08:08:28

At 10/8/12 04:27 AM, MetalRenard wrote: I looked at that list and it appears Reaper isn't on it. Who would I have to contact to add it? I also know of another one that's not on there so this isn't simply fan-boy-ism, I think they both should be added. ^^

So good to find someone else who uses Reaper! It's fantastic!

Response to Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-08 10:14:52

LMMS. Doesn't cost you a penny, yet it's powerful.

After that, you might consider buying Fl Studio. I can't say rat's shit about it, because I've never used it.

Response to Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-08 10:45:37

At 10/8/12 08:08 AM, Blipbloop wrote: So good to find someone else who uses Reaper! It's fantastic!

The feelings mutual. ;)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-08 12:37:44

I might be a little biased, since I was born and raised into making music with FL Studio. It's a good program, great versatility, but a little expensive, if you end up buying Producer mode and some plugins. I read up on Reaper, it looks fantastic, but I am honestly hooked on FL Studio for now. Only time will tell. Hope to see some tracks of yours being posted in the near future!

-P101

Response to Music Program for a beginner 2012-10-08 21:02:45

Just don't be like me and try starting with notation software unless you know your stuff solid. Use LMMS or one of the other mentioned ones. I myself started on LMMS using Soundfonts.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature