00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most Annoying Online Experience?

1,173 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 00:48:41

Any gamer who has had any online experience has witnessed those annoying squeakers , trolls , overall bad players , ect.
But if you were to pick one moment in your online gaming lifetime , what one thing really ticks you off , or puts you off the edge?

For me .
Mics. Or rather many of the people behind the mics. Or rather the things that these people say into the mics.
In no particular order, the variations I sincerely dislike:
Mumbling nonsense.
High-pitched nonsense.
"Skip"-spamming when the map is not to their liking (not to mention the people who abide, grrr...)
Verbal brawls that degrade into simultaneous screaming, often with the added flavor of being fought by people with at least one of the two first annoyances listed.

Seriously, I've met maybe 5 people who have been able to use their mics properly while playing online. And two of those are friends of mine.
Lets say that I've yet to see a reason to use my mic outside of playing with my friends.

Also . Stupid children who I always hear yelling " STOP UZING DA NOOB TUBS " . The weapon was put in the game for a reason . I use it to get kills , using a gun that i cant receive kills with in a game were the objective is to get kills , makes no logical sense.

GT : BackflipStudi0Z

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 01:33:21

LAG LAG LAG LAG LAG. That is all. Oh, and the fact that my computer has trouble loading anything more complex than an average Flash game. Anything in 3D, like Offensive Combat or Gotham City Impostors, and I'm booted off the server within milliseconds... unless I somehow get in, in which case the game runs like it's in molasses.

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 01:58:06

At 10/2/12 01:43 AM, Cootie wrote: People with laggy connection and shitty mics should not be allowed to play. The fact that servers let people in with such shitty connectivity is unacceptable. Why let them ruin the game for everyone else?

Some people want to have fun, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 03:09:33

In CoD: MW3. Repeatedly shot by an aimbot. I had suspicions, but when I saw a killcam where he was literally right behind a thin piece of steel, which is NOT seethrough, and he got a headshot, I cracked the shits.

I don't play CoD anymore

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 09:33:55

People who don't SHARE on Borderlands.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 10:51:03

When I used to play FIFA online, I hated it when, if I was 3-0 up within twenty minutes, the other player would just quit. It's unsportsmanlike and a real pain for the guy who's winning so well.

My biggest annoyance I can remember was when I went 4-0 down within the first half, then battled back in the second half to 4-4, then 4-5, and when I got to 4-6 with about three minutes of the game left, the other guy quit. Absolutely pathetic.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 11:20:22

I think microphones are generally the thing that annoy me the most too. To be honest I've never really encountered any people who start screaming or whatever, but the thing is that most people just have a really shitty microphone and all I often hear is a load of noise and mumbling and vague comments.

What also tends to annoy me a bit is people who keep whining about noobs and their team being full of noobs when they lose. I get this really often in Team Fortress 2. It's just a game for crying out loud, everybody was a noob at some point and some people (like me) just like to have fun rather than trying to be a pro.

At 10/2/12 10:51 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: When I used to play FIFA online, I hated it when, if I was 3-0 up within twenty minutes, the other player would just quit. It's unsportsmanlike and a real pain for the guy who's winning so well.

I don't play much FIFA anymore, but I remember my brother saying that that sort of thing happened almost all the time. They should just show on people's profiles how often they've done a rage/quit. That'll probably make them think twice about signing off all the time.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 11:42:50

I hate it when I am playing a game and my plugins suddenly crash. To be fair, I do play with a ton of tabs open, so I guess it is somewhat my fault, but I still don't like when it happens. Mostly that only happens when I play the Bloons Tower Defense games though. Too much stuff on the screen I suppose.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 13:25:05

Playing with a pro on the opposite team that always seems to be after me.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 14:05:12

Finding a decent game in left 4 dead 2 I mean for god-sake why can't Valves servers be more like Activisions a COD game NEVER fucks up.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 15:15:50

People being unable to humbly accept defeat. I might make a mistake or lack the skill of my opponent and as such get bested, it is the way of online gaming and even the best players aren't perfect, and in the end someone always has to lose for another to win. Yet so many people seem to be unable to grasp that fact and whine endlessly when losing blaming their team for the loss and generally being annoying. Our team got outplayed by a superior team, that is how the matches work. Yet so many people refuse to accept the fact they were bested and instead whine about it. It gets very obnoxious. I actually refuse to play online matches against other players most of the time now as I don't want to have to deal with such people.

If there is truly any way to make the online experience bad is to have people ruin it in such a way. Games are about fun, enjoy them. Even if you are a hardcore gamer and play to win there is no reason not to humbly accept defeat if the other team outplays you.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 16:52:51

Shit like this is the reason I don't bother playing online games.

And also because most online games are just repetitive "who can shoot the other guy first" cliche's. Seriously, I can remember team-shooting games from 2000 that today's equivalent games look (and play) almost identical to. If I wanted to go shooting people, I'd get my paintball gun and go out to the range. At least there's no-one whining about lag there.

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 16:55:43

I was playing Modern Warfare 2 online and there was a fucking 8 year old in my team. I left the fucking match.

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 17:08:42

At 10/2/12 03:15 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: People being unable to humbly accept defeat.

People don't like to loose that applies to any game. You might as well get use to that, or just play with friends. Personally I find it easy to ignore the over competitive or peg em down a notch. And there's always the mute option.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 17:11:45

When you join a game where a group of black guys with mics are playing.

Im sure you know what I mean. Fucking mute all of them. ALL OF THEM.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 17:14:26

At 10/2/12 05:11 PM, sweet21 wrote: When you join a game where a group of black guys with mics are playing.

That can apply to any race.

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 17:23:19

At 10/2/12 05:14 PM, II2none wrote:
At 10/2/12 05:11 PM, sweet21 wrote: When you join a game where a group of black guys with mics are playing.
That can apply to any race.

The large majority of them turn out to be black guys but basically whenever you join a lobby with these guys:
You know, ghetto kids or whatever.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 17:53:11

For me it's probably running into somebody on Street Fighter 4 that just absolutely destroys you, completely. Mostly my fault for not being good enough, but it's never fun to get stomped on.

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 18:50:06

When people use racial slurs against me for no reason.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-02 19:56:07

At 10/2/12 05:53 PM, Panda wrote: For me it's probably running into somebody on Street Fighter 4 that just absolutely destroys you, completely. Mostly my fault for not being good enough, but it's never fun to get stomped on.

The reason why I rarely play street fighter X tekken online.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-03 12:47:04

Unfortunately xbox live,if I play it now i don't have my mic on so i don't have to listen to kids swearing when they lose. ;)

Response to Most Annoying Online Experience? 2012-10-03 13:00:10

Playing Dota is the most annoying online experience. Shame, cause I like the game but the community is full of xenophobes, irritating "teammates" who instantly hurl abuse at you for making one tiny mistake, yet they fail to even realise their own mistakes, mic abuse, etc.

Dota to me is the epitome of a bad online experience. It has everything that I absolutely detest about online gaming.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature